Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building Empty Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building

Post by Guest Thu 04 May 2017, 12:21

Every time I'm in build or buy mode, when I go to the Edit Town screen to save the game (if the house I'm working on is not occupied) or every time I go to live mode and save after building (if it is occupied) It will go to the loading screen and just... stay there. For hours. The only way to make it stop is to ctrl+alt+delete and end the TS3W.exe process. 

I've been searching the internet for days with no luck. The only thing I've found is that apparently, allegedly, NRaas mods from after 2013-2014, when combined with the Store Fixes patch from GFTW, can cause this. Does anyone know if that's still the case? I have removed all my cracked store content in the hopes that this would fix it, but no avail.

Other things I've tried that didn't work include:

• Waiting for the game to load
  • Defragging my hard drive
  • Playing with no mods
  • Playing with no CC
  • Playing with no mods AND no CC (including cracked store content)
  • Doing a disk scan
  • Loading smaller houses (house size seems to have no affect. The error happens 95% of the time, but not ALL the time, and a couple times it DIDN'T happen on 64X64 lots
  • Re-installing the game, several times, following GFTW's instructions to the letter.
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using NRaas mods
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using Delphy's dashboard
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using Pescado's Decrapifier
  • Wishing really hard

I'm so over this stupid bug. I don't know why it started happening a few days ago, but I can't shake it. Please help!!

Back to top Go down

Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building Empty Re: Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 04:24

This has happened to me, too, for years.  It goes away if you take out the decrap store fixes from here.  But then of course premium content doesn't work.

I'm actually kind of annoyed with it, that they still have been unable to reproduce, and I'm considering paying for the stuff I had from here.

Back to top Go down

Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building Empty Re: Infinite "Loading" screen when saving game or when going to Edit Town after building

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:43

GingerMews wrote:Every time I'm in build or buy mode, when I go to the Edit Town screen to save the game (if the house I'm working on is not occupied) or every time I go to live mode and save after building (if it is occupied) It will go to the loading screen and just... stay there. For hours. The only way to make it stop is to ctrl+alt+delete and end the TS3W.exe process. 

I've been searching the internet for days with no luck. The only thing I've found is that apparently, allegedly, NRaas mods from after 2013-2014, when combined with the Store Fixes patch from GFTW, can cause this. Does anyone know if that's still the case? I have removed all my cracked store content in the hopes that this would fix it, but no avail.

Other things I've tried that didn't work include:

• Waiting for the game to load
  • Defragging my hard drive
  • Playing with no mods
  • Playing with no CC
  • Playing with no mods AND no CC (including cracked store content)
  • Doing a disk scan
  • Loading smaller houses (house size seems to have no affect. The error happens 95% of the time, but not ALL the time, and a couple times it DIDN'T happen on 64X64 lots
  • Re-installing the game, several times, following GFTW's instructions to the letter.
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using NRaas mods
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using Delphy's dashboard
  • Cleaning the lots as best I could using Pescado's Decrapifier
  • Wishing really hard

I'm so over this stupid bug. I don't know why it started happening a few days ago, but I can't shake it. Please help!!

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I myself am using the Store Fixes, combined with the cracked store compilation, combined with NRAAS mods from 2013 & 2014 just fine. I recall an earlier thread in which a user hinted that newer NRAAS mods can possibly cause the issue. I'm fine though with my mods from 2013/2014, but I'm aware the average user won't be able to come to the same conclusion (without looking at the Forum posts here).

The thing with the store fixes was an issue back then, and we managed to come up with a workaround (see this topic). However, I'm not a real modder, even though I picked up a thing or two along the way. The person who originally created these files (not a G4TW member) has retired/resigned long ago, so you will have to excuse us in the event it still doesn't work. For most users though, the store fixes work. 

There are a few other possible tweaks that I read about (on more obscure modding communities), like making buydebug-items show up under the regular buy/build-mode. So that using those buydebug-items won't make your game save endlessly. But to this day I never managed to look into that.

For now go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the scriptcache.package file. Then try your game again - without mods/CC for now.

//EDIT

mrknowitall526 wrote:I'm actually kind of annoyed with it, that they still have been unable to reproduce, and I'm considering paying for the stuff I had from here

See my reply above. If it still doesn't work for you then I'm sorry. Just remember we're not a paid customer service in case you "expect" us to solve all possible issues. I'm sure you noticed that already yourself, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jul 2017, 17:21

mrknowitall526 wrote:Censored

Not going through your "arguments". If you don't like the stuff you get from here, then consider yourself pushed away. You are more than welcome to create your own store fixes then. Just do yourself the favor and stop wasting our time.

I also censored your message; if you feel you are actually capable of posting criticism in a coherent and civil manner, feel free to give it another shot.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top