Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing on a MAC ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing on a MAC ? Empty Installing on a MAC ?

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jun 2010, 19:12

Hi, I was on yesterday asking about installation order.

So, I've downloaded the torrents and am attempting to install them. I'm on a MacBook and I use CrossOver software to deal with .exe files. I managed to get the first crack installed (I think, I hope! I don't know how to test to see that it was successful but I figured since nothing started on fire I must okay on some level!). Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has installed these on a Mac and can give me some guidance?

I'm on step 4 which reads: Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy ·ll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

I don't have a folder like that with the game. I did a search for file names since it implied that I would be replacing files of the same name that already exist. I did find files of the same name but they were within the World Adventures expansion pack game folders.

I'm really sorry, I am probably not explaining thins well and I know it's a pain in the ass for non-Mac people to deal with Mac stuff. If you have any hints or guidance I would appreciate it. Also, if there is no info for installing on a Mac I completely understand.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Installing on a MAC ? Empty Re: Installing on a MAC ?

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jun 2010, 20:25

marshmallow wrote:Hi, I was on yesterday asking about installation order.

So, I've downloaded the torrents and am attempting to install them. I'm on a MacBook and I use CrossOver software to deal with .exe files. I managed to get the first crack installed (I think, I hope! I don't know how to test to see that it was successful but I figured since nothing started on fire I must okay on some level!). Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has installed these on a Mac and can give me some guidance?

I'm on step 4 which reads: Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy ·ll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

I don't have a folder like that with the game. I did a search for file names since it implied that I would be replacing files of the same name that already exist. I did find files of the same name but they were within the World Adventures expansion pack game folders.

I'm really sorry, I am probably not explaining thins well and I know it's a pain in the ass for non-Mac people to deal with Mac stuff. If you have any hints or guidance I would appreciate it. Also, if there is no info for installing on a Mac I completely understand.

Thanks

im not even sure if all this stuff would work for mac honestly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jun 2010, 20:31

My initial Sims 3 that I downloaded and installed was a 'PC' version. The Intel Macs can run them, I just used the Crossover software to open and run the .exe files. So I know is can be done, but I just don't know if it is possible with this particular set of files. Or, more importantly, whether I can figure out how to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jun 2010, 13:13

On your MAC, navigate to the folder where you Installed The Sims 3; in there, there should be a folder called "Game" and then, ín there a folder called "Bin". See if you can find it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jun 2010, 18:14

Installing on a MAC ? Eqo9Q

That's a screenshot of the folder, I don't have anything like that in there. I did a search on my computer and the only folders called "bin" were in the files that I had downloaded. I'm wondering if maybe I should also download your version of the base game and go from there? Maybe it will be set up differently than the one I have? I just don't know.

I do appreciate all of your help on this, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 01 Jul 2010, 11:43

No, it has nothing to do with the base game. Try this: go to the "Crack 3" and just start updating the Game. After that, skip all the other Crack -parts and just Install the Game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jul 2010, 18:37

Don't suppose you know how to change the region code on a Mac since I don't have the regedit thing. I'm sorry this has been so needy. Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 02 Jul 2010, 10:59

That's the point, try installing the updates wíthout changing the region code.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jul 2010, 16:26

It won't let me, it gives me an error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 02 Jul 2010, 18:56

What does the error says?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jul 2010, 19:52

"The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Jul 2010, 20:20

Ok, that error is because you didn't change the region code. One minute, I'll do some research and then update this post.

Edit: Looks like MAC OS doesn't have a registery, so you're not able to change the registery and install the updates.
What you can try is; buy the Original The Sims 3 and then install our Ambitions. That should work, since you then automatically already have the latest updates and don't need to Install them any more.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jul 2010, 20:38

Okay, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Jul 2010, 20:54

If you're going to do that, please tell me the result, so I can improve my help to others with the same problem(s).

Thanks in advance,
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jul 2010, 21:36

I can't afford to buy right away, but if I can I will definitely let you know how it works.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top