Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues Empty Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 07:35

i feel like this is going to be a wall of text, but please help me. i've tried downloading the game and expansions both ways, but neither the complete collection nor the individual games will install. 

i have an 17 windows 10 pc with 237gb on my sdd and 931gb on my hdd. i'm trying to install the game on my hdd obviously. so i tried the complete collection first, but after installing sims 3 base, and then trying the crack i see that part of the files are downloading on the c & then the d drive. then when i try to install a stuff or expansion pack it will not allow me to add it to the d drive. i dont even see an electronic arts folder tbh.

so i tried individually downloading, and mounting etc. but when i get to the second part of mounting i get "Unhandled Exception, Error Number: 0x80040702/ dll: setup error' i know it has to be possible to download this game to my d drive, there's just not enough room for all the games on my c drive. someone please help me. also i have tried all the steps, but please tell me what i'm missing/doing wrong.  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues Empty Re: Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 22:08

bump? can i get an admins assistance?

Back to top Go down

Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues Empty Re: Can't Intsall Sims 3 SDD/HDD/DLL issues

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Jun 2017, 22:25

Hello,

No bumping please.
Let's see... It should be very well possible to install the game on a drive other than C:, many people do that, including myself.

What you're going to do first, is uninstall everything to prevent any future error. After that, restart your PC and/or use a registry cleaner.
Grab the Complete Collection, because it's easier to install. 

But first, start by going to your HDD, and create folders for the base game and all of the EP/SP's you're going to install. Then start by installing the base game, and when prompted, install it to a custom location and navigate to your pre-created folder. Do not crack it afterwards. Then, use the patch that is included with the Complete Collection and install the EP/SP's one by one, each installing them to the custom location you've created on your HDD. When done, use the crack, and it should work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 03:19

these are the instructions im following. so when you say skip the crack do you mean step 2 or 4? 

The Sims 3: The Complete Collection - Installation Guide

This upload includes ALL The Sims 3 expansion packs and stuff packs. They are packed in separate
folders, so you can decide which ones you want to install. EACH FOLDER HAS A SEPARATE
"# Installation Guide.txt" FILE WHICH CONTAINS THE SERIAL CODE NECESSARY TO INSTALL THAT GAME.

Here are the overall instructions to get the game to work:

1. Install the base game FIRST. It's in the folder called "The Sims 3". (Otherwise you can't 
install any expansion packs)

2. Now open the "# Crack" folder in this .RAR file and run the "TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe" 
file. This will update your game to version 1.67. (Latest version at moment of release)

3. Install any expansion packs and stuff packs that you like.

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in this .RAR file again and drag & drop (or copy) the "TS3W.exe"
AND the "TSLHost.dll" file in there to exactly: 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT THE EXPANSION'S INSTALLATION
FOLDER, BUT THE BASE GAME'S INSTALLATION FOLDER INSTEAD!!!) and choose "Replace" on the popup
that appears, telling you the files already exist.

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Jun 2017, 10:24

Hello,

If you're following those instructions, you won't get to the crack until you're done installing everything. Step 2 is the patch, you'll need that after the base game, yes, and it should be no problem at all to install additional expansions or stuff packs after that. 

Create those folders before you start installing though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top