Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? Empty Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks??

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 13:39

Hi guys,

I can see most of the issues are about startups. I have no problem with that, or crashes! I've been able to play the game fine without issues but I finally decided to play with the Marine Mania part of the game and the tab to make a tank just doesn't exist. I even went into the marine mania tutorial and it said "Click on the Tanks Tab" but it just isn't there.

Any help possible? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks??

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Jun 2017, 20:11

YogaBunny wrote:Hi guys,

I can see most of the issues are about startups. I have no problem with that, or crashes! I've been able to play the game fine without issues but I finally decided to play with the Marine Mania part of the game and the tab to make a tank just doesn't exist. I even went into the marine mania tutorial and it said "Click on the Tanks Tab" but it just isn't there.

Any help possible? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @YogaBunny,

I am (or was) playing the game mostly in this freeplay/sandbox mode, and the water tanks are there under Construction -> water tanks. See the attached screenshot.

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? Clipbo11

Did you have the game installed in the past, on that same computer? It's possible that if you had an earlier version of the game, and you install this G4TW download on top of it, that there could be conflicts.

Did you notice anything else missing apart from tanks, and did you also try running the game as Administrator?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks??

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jun 2017, 21:02

Hi thanks for your reply ! yeah I know where the construction tab is supposed to show the tanks but it's not there. No didn't have a previous one installed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:22

YogaBunny wrote:Hi thanks for your reply ! yeah I know where the construction tab is supposed to show the tanks but it's not there. No didn't have a previous one installed Sad

Did you extract the .rar file that is downloaded in the torrent, with WinRAR?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jun 2017, 17:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
YogaBunny wrote:Hi thanks for your reply ! yeah I know where the construction tab is supposed to show the tanks but it's not there. No didn't have a previous one installed Sad

Did you extract the .rar file that is downloaded in the torrent, with WinRAR?

Yep, everything done as normal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 17:20

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? 19679991_10155918573885110_1247795191_n Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? 19576294_10155918579060110_14586958_n  
See what I mean? There's  no tanks, only tank fences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 21:08

I have this problem too, based on the comments in the place that lead me to this it seems a lot of people are having the same problem.

I was unable to install from setup.exe (i got something along the lines of "can't run with setup.exe, try autorun.exe")
So i tried autorun.exe and ran the install which got stuck at "please insert disk"
In the end i managed to run the game from startup.exe but there was no sound, so i grabbed the files the installer had managed to create and dropped them into the files folder of the extracted rar. Now i got sound but alas, no tanks. My guess would be that the disrupted installation means it didn't get to the tanks, but i don't know.

Did you manage to run the setup or do you run it from startup.exe too?
At least this got land animals, which is more than the last few attempts i made trying to find a working version of this

Edit: Little update, i tried opening the marine show campaign scenario and the premade tank is there so the game does have/know about tanks, i just have no button to create them (neither in construction panel nor in zookeeper help panel)

Last edited by Evi105 on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 23:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:33

Evi105 wrote:I have this problem too, based on the comments in the place that lead me to this it seems a lot of people are having the same problem.

I was unable to install from setup.exe (i got something along the lines of "can't run with setup.exe, try autorun.exe")
So i tried autorun.exe and ran the install which got stuck at "please insert disk"
In the end i managed to run the game from startup.exe but there was no sound, so i grabbed the files the installer had managed to create and dropped them into the files folder of the extracted rar. Now i got sound but alas, no tanks. My guess would be that the disrupted installation means it didn't get to the tanks, but i don't know.

Did you manage to run the setup or do you run it from startup.exe too?
At least this got land animals, which is more than the last few attempts i made trying to find a working version of this

Edit: Little update, i tried opening the marine show campaign scenario and the premade tank is there so the game does have/know about tanks, i just have no button to create them (neither in construction panel nor in zookeeper help panel)

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

I have been absent-ish for quite some time and still need to check on the backlog of posts here. I suppose I could try uploading my own files and folders inside C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft games\Zoo Tycoon 2, which you then can try using in your "Files"-folder. Or at least, those items that are not yet in the "Files", like the folder named DLC.

That said, I never had any of the install issues that people are describing. I would need to do a file check with WinMerge, and pack the missing items...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:46

Don't worry, i've been looking for a working version of this for so long, i can wait. Any help is appreciated Smile

I just did a little more testing, i can place tank walls and other marine stuff in scenarios if one is already built and i "copy" it with the pipette, so at that it seems just the buttons are missing. I have no way to place marine biomes though, using zookeeper recommendations brings me to the tundra biome (which i bet few of them are going to enjoy), but again in the scenario i can see that the coastal biome is in use so it's definitely in there somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Aug 2017, 18:04

OK, try putting the items included in the following .rar archive file, into your "Files" folder:
https://goo.gl/Rfcccy

Then try re-starting the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 20:07

I tried it but no dice Sad Seems the exact same

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Aug 2017, 21:47

Evi105 wrote:I tried it but no dice Sad Seems the exact same

Sorry for the belated reply, but at that point I'm afraid I cannot say much more. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Maybe you could try using the NoCD files here:
http://tinyurl.com/y7lrwy9e

And insert them into your "Files"-folder. Replacing the original files, when prompted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 11:53

Thank for trying anyways Sad

i can't download that one, something about chrome not having enough buffer to decrypt

Edit: I fixed it! i was fixing my the movies game, turns out there was a forgotten key i could delete with the regeditor (guess it must've been from one of the other files i tried) Anyways i ran the install from the autorun again and this time it worked! and now it's all there, so i guess if you run from startup.exe you get no tanks, to get tanks you need to find a way to make it install properly. Dunno how it works but it works Very Happy

Last edited by Evi105 on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 13:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Aug 2017, 16:59

Evi105 wrote:Thank for trying anyways Sad

i can't download that one, something about chrome not having enough buffer to decrypt

Edit: I fixed it! i was fixing my the movies game, turns out there was a forgotten key i could delete with the regeditor (guess it must've been from one of the other files i tried) Anyways i ran the install from the autorun again and this time it worked! and now it's all there, so i guess if you run from startup.exe you get no tanks, to get tanks you need to find a way to make it install properly. Dunno how it works but it works Very Happy

You don't happen to remember what exactly you deleted? 

Did you maybe install an older version of Zoo Tycoon 2, on that same computer, at some point in the past? Anyways, good to hear you managed to install the game now!  clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 18:16

It was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Classes-->Installer-->Products--> some long number, when selected data showed zoo tycoon 2 ultimate collection as ProductName

Yea i've been had another downloaded version back when it was windows 7/8 but it broke with the update

Last edited by Evi105 on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 18:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 02:01

Evi105 wrote:It was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Classes-->Installer-->Products--> some long number, when selected data showed zoo tycoon 2 ultimate collection as ProductName

Yea i've been had another downloaded version back when it was windows 7/8 but it broke with the update
none of them were that, but is there a chance you can make a video of how to fix it?? because i saw none of them marked as zoo tycoon 2 ultimate collection... No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 08:29

I don't honestly don't know how to do that  :$ And also i don't think i can recreate the problem, Mine looks like this now:
Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection No Tanks?? HTZc94B
The way i understand it when there's a key there, the machine sees the game as installed, so it won't install another one. If you don't have a key there then that's probably not your problem.

I think the key to getting tanks vs. not getting tank is to get the game to install and then run it from there, if you use startup.exe, you can't get tanks (i think). Not having a key there indicates that the game isn't installed (i think) which error do you get when trying to install?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:24

@Evi105, thanks again for sharing your feedback with us here! Very Happy  I also was pondering about the idea to maybe export those registry keys and providing them here, but then again. If the game hasn't installed properly in the first place, then there are more issues at hand than missing registry entries. Such as missing files under C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2.

@Beau_the_Moose, hello and welcome to the Forum as well. If the problem on your end is that there are no registry entries with that code, then it could mean the game was not installed properly. You can try searching the registry with CTRL + F, use the search term "Zoo Tycoon", and then keep searching for entries, which you then delete manually. In general though, if you don't know what you are doing, it's probably best not to tamper with the registry yourself. Maybe you could ask a parent/relative or other friend to assist you with that?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 02:39

The_gh0stm4n wrote:@Evi105, thanks again for sharing your feedback with us here! Very Happy  I also was pondering about the idea to maybe export those registry keys and providing them here, but then again. If the game hasn't installed properly in the first place, then there are more issues at hand than missing registry entries. Such as missing files under C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2.

@Beau_the_Moose, hello and welcome to the Forum as well. If the problem on your end is that there are no registry entries with that code, then it could mean the game was not installed properly. You can try searching the registry with CTRL + F, use the search term "Zoo Tycoon", and then keep searching for entries, which you then delete manually. In general though, if you don't know what you are doing, it's probably best not to tamper with the registry yourself. Maybe you could ask a parent/relative or other friend to assist you with that?
i appreciate with the feedback, but ive been pondering this situation since windows 10 came out and hasn't found any results.... but thank you for your concern! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Sep 2017, 16:59

People...at present I really can't say much more than what user @Evi105 said above:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30480-zoo-tycoon-2-ultimate-collection-no-tanks#183588

As usual, if there is anything else we will keep you posted, but for the moment, please take the situation as is. And as uncomfortable as it may be.

If you feel confident enough, you can try editing the registry yourself, but be careful when doing so. You can also export your entire registry by opening the registry editor (Windows key + R -> type regedit -> press enter), right-clicking on Computer, and then choosing export. Select a location where the registry backup file will be saved. Then edit the Zoo Tycoon 2 registry.

If anything goes wrong, double-click on the registry backup file you created before. ignore any prompts/warnings, and go ahead with importing: If done correctly you have restored your registry to the point before you edited the Zoo Tycoon 2 part.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:46

I also experienced this problem. I am running windows 10. When I run setup.exe, I always get 1628: Failed to complete installation. Running autorun.exe does not do anything. So I run the startup.exe. But there is no tank in game. I checked the registry, there is no entry for ZT2, besides the folder location. Any advice you can give to fix the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top