Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAC: "An unknown error occurred"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAC: "An unknown error occurred"  Empty MAC: "An unknown error occurred"

Post by Guest Sun 25 Jun 2017, 09:45

Hi,

I followed all the steps to download and install SIMS 3 on this website. I used the master crack file and instructions in the end. Though when I clicked The Sims 3 file to see if the game would launch and I could install the expansions it first starts then 'Into the New World' opens up - then they both shut down. The message that appears in 'unknown error has occurred' and I don't know what to do now. 
(It would be a nuisance to delete and reinstall everything because it takes so long Sad )

These are the specific steps I followed:
1. Download mac torrent from this website (and unzip everything with stuffit expander)
2. Create an .ISO image file for the base game and each expansion pack I want to play using Disk Utility
3. Install the base game
4. Download the updated manual patch file from this website and apply (because it wasn't letting me download the expansion pack)
5. Download each expansion pack separately 

Steps I followed for the Master crack file for mac downloaded from this website:
3. Replace files on 'The Sims 3' base game ....../game/bin folder
4. Replace files on 'The Sims 3 - World Adventures' ...../game/bin folder
5. Replace files on 'The Sims 3 - High End Loft Stuff' .../game/bin folder
6. Replace files on 'The Sims 3 - Ambitions' .../game/bin folder
7. Replace files on 'The Sims 3 - Fast Lane Stuff' .../game/bin folder
8. Did not do this step because I did download Late Night
9. Replace files on 'The Sims 3 - Outdoor Living Stuff' .../game/bin folder
10. Replace files on 'The Sims 3' .../game/bin folder for all other expansions released after Generations (FOR THIS STEP I WASN'T SURE IF I HAD TO REPLACE FILES in each separate expansion which I downloaded or just to the main 'The Sims 3' bin folder again. I ended up replacing 'The Sims 3' bin folder for this step)
11. Already updated game beforehand from manual patch because it was not initially allowing me to download any expansion packs
12. Closed game and launcher
13. Applied # Crack to 'The Sims 3' ....game/bin folder replacing what was already there (this was my third replacement in the Sims 3 base game folder)

Please help me with what I did wrong and why this 'unknown error has occurred' message is happening and not letting me launch the game at all Sad

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 14:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

Back to top Go down

MAC: "An unknown error occurred"  Empty Re: MAC: "An unknown error occurred"

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 06:32

Hi, I had the exact same problem but i found a way it can work.
I made a post on the steps I did.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30821-how-i-got-the-sims-3-to-work-on-mac
I think the main problem was that the base games by G4TW is not compatible with mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 07:02

nnyeon wrote:Hi, I had the exact same problem but i found a way it can work.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30821-how-i-got-the-sims-3-to-work-on-mac
I think the main problem was that the base games by G4TW is not compatible with mac.

Hi, thank you for your reply Smile

I tried your method, though it took me two days to uninstall and then reinstall everything.... the only thing that changed is when I launch The Sims now no extension opens up like it previously did.......but I still get the message "unknown error has occurred" before it shuts down. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 10:03

crazyperson wrote:
nnyeon wrote:Hi, I had the exact same problem but i found a way it can work.

Hi, thank you for your reply Smile

I tried your method, though it took me two days to uninstall and then reinstall everything.... the only thing that changed is when I launch The Sims now no extension opens up like it previously did.......but I still get the message "unknown error has occurred" before it shuts down. Sad
im really not sure what happened... if ur still getting the error maybe you can try this fix https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5363-fix-for-unknown-error-occurred 
hope it works out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 07:21

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help, i'm so desprated to play The Sims 4 on my mac

thanks

MAC: "An unknown error occurred"  Img20115

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top