Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up. Empty SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 19:48

Hello there! I have recently downloaded TS4 and obviously enough, I really want to use CC. But in order to use custom content, I need to enable the option - but it doesn't even show up for me? Can someone please help? I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I really couldn't find a helpful response.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up. Empty Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 17:33

Hi there, 

No worries as this recently was given a fix by @MommyMayhem and you can see her thread here. Basically what you need to do is to click the restore defaults button under Game Options.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up. Empty Re: SIMS 4 enable CC/mods button doesn't show up.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 20:12

Ageha wrote:Hi there, 

No worries as this recently was given a fix by @MommyMayhem and you can see her thread here. Basically what you need to do is to click the restore defaults button under Game Options.
It sadly didn't work. I clicked the restore defaults button and even restarted the game, but the option to enable CC/Mods still doesn't show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jul 2017, 20:28

ciellers wrote:It sadly didn't work. I clicked the restore defaults button and even restarted the game, but the option to enable CC/Mods still doesn't show up.

Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and open the Options.ini in Notepad. Look for the following 2 lines:

scriptmodsenabled -> put the number next to it, to "1".
modsdisabled        -> there, put the number "0".

Save the changes to the text file and re-start the game. See if the options are accessible. 

Not sure if the problem can be caused by cache files, but if so, maybe this post can help you dealing with that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 21:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and open the Options.ini in Notepad. Look for the following 2 lines:

scriptmodsenabled -> put the number next to it, to "1".
modsdisabled        -> there, put the number "0".

Save the changes to the text file and re-start the game. See if the options are accessible. 
It didn't work ;; I went to the website and followed the instructions for the cache files, but nothing happened, option to enable CC still doesn't show up. I did the changes for Options.ini too, but it didn't help either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 14:19

ciellers wrote:It didn't work ;; I went to the website and followed the instructions for the cache files, but nothing happened, option to enable CC still doesn't show up. I did the changes for Options.ini too, but it didn't help either.
Okay. Try to move out your entire Sims 4 folder (in Documents) and put them to Desktop. Run the game, go to options again -> and see if the options appear, if not click the restore defaults. Might be abit of a stretch but, restart your pc and then start the game again. See if the options are there. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top