Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 18:27

Haven't had much problem I hadn't found an answer to on the forum before. After I ran into an issue with a virus scanning program deleting required files without my permission, I had to uninstall and reinstall all my sims 2 stuff on my laptop. I had no issues the first time, but I'm having an issue this time and I'm not sure why.
I just got a message stating "A problem has occured when trying to transfer the file 'C:\Users\(my username)\Downloads\The Sims 2 - The Complete Collection\ The Sims 2 (EP5) - Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?"
If I retry, I get the same message. If I run the installation as the administrator, I get the same message. If I move the installation folder elsewhere like what helps with the Disc 1 error, I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jul 2017, 22:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos... damned laptop keyboard.)

Back to top Go down

Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 18:56

I'm not too familiar with the G4TW download for the Sims-2. I tried it once and it works OK.
However it is rather complicated with patches, updates, nocd cracks, install codes aso.
I prefer THIS ONE. It's an "install all with just 1 mouseclick" by Mr.DJ

Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED] Sims-2-mrdj_orig

Just click on Setup.exe and follow the instructions on the screen.
All packs will be loaded without any intervenience from your side.

Back to top Go down

Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Seasons installation issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 19:10

I tried that one before settling on the G4TW one. It was a pita to add store content and mess with the program files as I sometimes need to due to the fact it renamed everything to "by Mr DJ"
So no. not touching it again. I don't mind the install being more complicated if it works the way I want it to when all is said and done.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 15:33

StickShift wrote:I tried that one before settling on the G4TW one. It was a pita to add store content and mess with the program files as I sometimes need to due to the fact it renamed everything to "by Mr DJ"
So no. not touching it again. I don't mind the install being more complicated if it works the way I want it to when all is said and done.

Hello and welcome,

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting the downloads...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 15:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
StickShift wrote:I tried that one before settling on the G4TW one. It was a pita to add store content and mess with the program files as I sometimes need to due to the fact it renamed everything to "by Mr DJ"

Hello and welcome,

Maybe I misunderstood you, but Winrar shouldn't be used here at all

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 15:43

Tarac wrote:Maybe I misunderstood you, but Winrar shouldn't be used here at all

This here:

StickShift wrote:(...) I just got a message stating "A problem has occured when trying to transfer the file 'C:\Users\(my username)\Downloads\The Sims 2 - The Complete Collection\ The Sims 2 (EP5) - Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe' from the media

That is how G4TW's compilation is named, so I assumed the OP used the G4TW download.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello and welcome,

7zip
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:Maybe I misunderstood you, but Winrar shouldn't be used here at all

This here:

StickShift wrote:(...) I just got a message stating "A problem has occured when trying to transfer the file 'C:\Users\(my username)\Downloads\The Sims 2 - The Complete Collection\ The Sims 2 (EP5) - Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe' from the media

That is how G4TW's compilation is named, so I assumed the OP used the G4TW download.
correct

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:11

You have to use WinRAR for unpacking those downloads, because we use that same program for packing them. Smile  You can find WinRAR on the downloads site here as well.
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:15

but see, I had it installed before with no issues. 7zip is not an issue here. I have it all extracted. I had it all installed at one point. I'm having an issue reinstalling after an anti-virus program deleted important files. I have since gotten rid of that program. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work outside of windows 10 throwing a fit since it's been updated since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:18

StickShift wrote:but see, I had it installed before with no issues. 7zip is not an issue here. I have it all extracted. I had it all installed at one point. I'm having an issue reinstalling after an anti-virus program deleted important files. I have since gotten rid of that program. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work outside of windows 10 throwing a fit since it's been updated since.
Then re-applying the crack for Mansion & Garden would be sufficient to solve the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:18

StickShift wrote:7zip is not an issue here.

Believe it or not, but it is. The fact that you (seemingly) did not encounter any issues before does not have to mean anything. But then again, it's your call. We are only giving you suggestions, what you ultimately do with these suggestions is up to you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:30

Tarac wrote:
StickShift wrote:but see, I had it installed before with no issues. 7zip is not an issue here. I have it all extracted. I had it all installed at one point. I'm having an issue reinstalling after an anti-virus program deleted important files. I have since gotten rid of that program. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work outside of windows 10 throwing a fit since it's been updated since.
Then re-applying the crack for Mansion & Garden would be sufficient to solve the problem.
tried that before uninstalling everything to reinstall it

Ok. what the hell. it just installed perfectly just now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:35

Then I guess you're fine...?

By the way, one thing to keep in mind for the future is that you should only uninstall/reinstall programs under Windows OS if there is really no other possibility. Like Tarac indicated before, it most likely would have sufficed if you simply re-applied the No-CD file for Mansion and Garden Stuff. It's mostly just these crack files which are targeted by anti-virus programs.

There is too much hassle involved, and too much that can go wrong.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 17:43

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today but I had no problems today. Everything's reinstalled, and seems to be working. This thread can be closed and marked as resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 22:56

Alright then, have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new topic again in the future should you run into any other issues! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

P.S. If you use Games4theworld's torrents, I personally would still recommend using WinRAR for extraction.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top