Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless black loading screen issue

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless black loading screen issue Empty Endless black loading screen issue

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:53

So I was installing TS4 on my latest computer and this error keeps popping up, I tried fixing it by going into the documents folder and deleting the folder but there wasn't a folder there for it.

Help me please

Last edited by NerdyNerd on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 04:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Endless black loading screen issue Empty Re: Endless black loading screen issue

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 22:54

It is not a folder, but a txt file Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jul 2017, 23:51

NerdyNerd wrote:So I was installing TS4 on my latest computer and this error keeps popping up, I tried fixing it by going into the documents folder and deleting the folder but there wasn't a folder there for it.

Help me please

Hello and welcome,

Look at the example screenshot from my (previous) operating system. The "Mods"-folder is highlighted, but in the same screenshot you can also see a GameVersion.txt file. Deleting this .txt file usually fixes this sort of problem.

Also try getting used to the appropriate folder directories.

C:\Program files (x86)...                   that's where the stuff is installed
C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\....that's where you can typically find your "personalized game data", like savefiles. And yes, most games keep installation and savefile location separate.

Endless black loading screen issue Screen16
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 07:23

By folder, I was paraphrasing for the txt. document I had to delete, because there was no electronic arts folder in my documents even. 

I ended up fixing the issue tho, they were saving everything in my one drive for some reason.

//EDIT

Hello all

Yeah, I appear to be having a lot of problems lately. 

My sims 4 game won't even open to the main menu, it just loads as an endless black screen.

Sound will play, the cursor will appear, but nothing else loads.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Jul 2017, 13:10

NerdyNerd wrote:By folder, I was paraphrasing for the txt. 

//MERGED

I merged your topics, for the moment, since you immediately encountered a new issue. 

As for the .txt file, in your case it is easy because we know what you mean(t). Smile  But technically, a "folder" can be seen as a kind of container or even waymarker for a particular subset of files. "Files" on the other hand contain actual data. A practical example of this distinction's importance is, that fixes for one of these two things cannot necessarily be applied to the other thing, and vice versa. You could theoretically also delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 instead of the GameVersion.txt, but that would also delete your savefiles.

For our type of work it is important to try using the correct terminology, even though I acknowledge that for the average user visiting G4TW these things may be less clear. Just in the same way as "downloading" and "installing" (two other terms that often get mixed up/used interchangeably) are under normal circumstances functionally two entirely different processes, "files" and "folders" are not really the same things either. But that is just for clarification.

NerdyNerd wrote:Hello all

Yeah, I appear to be having a lot of problems lately. 

My sims 4 game won't even open to the main menu, it just loads as an endless black screen.

Sound will play, the cursor will appear, but nothing else loads.

Look here under #2 ("another way of dealing with this"):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-31-37-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:40

I tried #2 on my own already, it didn't work. I've searched the forum before making either post and didn't find anything that was my problem. 

I've had multiple other successful downloads with TS4, I never encountered an issue like this.

//EDIT

So, I was reinstalling the DLC's one by one, and the issue is with City Living specifically.

I've tried downloading and re-torrenting the rar file and reinstalling it multiple times but to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:12

If we are still dealing within the contents of the title of this thread, the only solution for this problem is simply to remove the file GameVersion.txt from the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jul 2017, 16:18

Sorry for the belated reply; I think the new problem is some sort of blackscreen at startup. Please try renaming the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts. Just change the folder name into something other than The Sims 4. Then try starting the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 21:43

Okay, I tried that. Hopefully, it'll work.

(EDIT)

It...unfortunately did not work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 15:15

Hi there,

Have you tried launching the game in windowed mode? Also, check and make sure your drivers are up-to-date. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 08:45

Yes, I have tried that. 

My drivers are as up to date as possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 11:17

NerdyNerd wrote:Yes, I have tried that. 

My drivers are as up to date as possible
I see. Could check that the game is using the graphics card (NVIDIA/AMD) to run the game and not intel ? (If you have dual graphics. If not, ignore that).

Since you mentioned it started at City Living, does updating the game causes the black screen to disappear? What happens if you Alt + Tab, will it return to normal?  I know I mentioned windowed mode before, but in case you did it another way:
Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 -> Options.ini. Then go to fullscreen = 1 and set it to 0. 
If the problem still persists, you can try to disable the City Living DLC instead and see if that fixes it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Aug 2017, 17:59

Just to make sure, you are able to play other games on that same computer, and without any blackscreens?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 20:09

NerdyNerd wrote:So I was installing TS4 on my latest computer and this error keeps popping up, I tried fixing it by going into the documents folder and deleting the folder but there wasn't a folder there for it.

Help me please
Hello do not worry I can help you. You need to go to your Documents Folder. After on Electronic Arts and after on The Sims 4.Later,you will se a .txt file named GameVersion.Delete that .txt file and you are done Smile 

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 04:46

I can, I can run multiple other games on the computer without the issue. Spore had the same blackscreen issue.

And thank you amiraaa, but I already fixed that part of the issue at hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 14:36

NerdyNerd wrote:I can, I can run multiple other games on the computer without the issue. Spore had the same blackscreen issue.

And thank you amiraaa, but I already fixed that part of the issue at hand.
Have you tried disabling the City Living DLCs to see if the black screen is gone? Unfortunately, at this point I'm not sure . I did try to search online for answers but apparently most were because of their fullscreen issue.

A different finding however is that someone mentioned it could be an issue with not installing the game properly. Though origin was mentioned in this post, and such, I do not think it applied to us. You can try to manually uninstall any remains of origin if you currently have one, or from a previous installation. You can read the ea thread here.

Try updating to Fitness as well to see if there is any difference. Or if you can tweak the screen resolution before playing the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 06:43

How exactly do you disable them?

I've tried updating to fitness, the issue is still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 10:25

NerdyNerd wrote:How exactly do you disable them?

The update error can be solved by deleting the file GameVersion from your gameprogress-folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 14:29

NerdyNerd wrote:How exactly do you disable them?

Hi,

Take a look at this thread here for disabling individual DLC. 

PS: I'll be editing your title since your initial problem has been solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Aug 2017, 00:03

it won't let me save the file again after I delete the lines for city living, it says I need permission from the owner

edit//

I fixed that issue, but the black screen still exists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Aug 2017, 14:34

This is really baffling me. I don't want to suggest something drastic and honestly I'm not even sure, but recently a simmer mentioned that their monitor is causing freezes/black screen issue and they had theirs replaced. 

Alternatively, look at the last post by Tarac here, and see if that's what causing the black screen issue. If you prefer, I'll ask him for possible solutions instead. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Aug 2017, 19:56

Okay so I looked at the config.log, and everything there is normal from what I can tell. Maybe you should ask him for solutions? This problem is quite baffling. When I get back from my vacation, I'm going to try loading up a version of the game that for sure works from a USB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:04

NerdyNerd wrote:Okay so I looked at the config.log, and everything there is normal from what I can tell. Maybe you should ask him for solutions? This problem is quite baffling. When I get back from my vacation, I'm going to try loading up a version of the game that for sure works from a USB.
Hi there,

Of course, I'll tag him here. In the meantime, since the usb has the working version, I'd suggest using that instead.

@Tarac: Unfortunately, I'm out of my element here. Thanks. :$

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:22

Am I right in guessing that the program is installed on a USB-stick ?
Has this stick a fixed station-letter like f.e. Z: ?
When it changes station-letter every time the stick is inserted, it's asking for problems.
Bear in mind that G4TW downloads for the sims 4 create entries in the registry for a certain station.

Check the registry for the correct location.

OR

Start the program from the USB\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4 or TS4_x64

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:43

Does using the USB stick affect the black screen though. Apparently he's re-installed and disabled certain DLCs but the black screen appeared when starting the game. I've suggested windowed mode, drivers and everything else I could think of. Sad
Perhaps I'm missing something or it's a more 'techy' problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top