Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often. Empty Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 22:03

Ok first off, I'm running my Sims 4 through Wineskin on Mac. Everything runs decently well... but one BIG problem. I crash regularly so I've started saving every few sim hours. But that's incredibly annoying to have to restart so often. I get the Sims unexpectedly stopped working thing all the time! On top of that when I start Sims 4 up, half the time I have to quit and start again due to the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs not showing up at all as if I don't have them. It's frustrating. I installed everything the right way and it DID work fine for a while... but lately it's just not. I also can't accept invites from sims to go to the bar, a party, etc. And I DEFINITELY can't go to ANY of the festivals... which sucks. Most traveling causes crashes, although there's been no crashes due to traveling to work (doctor or scientist... not done detective yet but the Get to Work stuff seems to be ok atm)

So here's the list of issues I'm having:

1. DLC doesn't always show up when starting the game.
2. Anytime I travel to some places I crash. ("Unexpectedly stops working")
3. After playing for a bit (no specific time here, it's random) it crashes. ("Unexpectedly stops working")

I followed the instructions for installation perfectly too... multiple times. I was having trouble beforehand even getting the Sims 4 to work at all but I got it working... now I've got these issues. D: Help! My addiction is suffering lol.

Back to top Go down

Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often. Empty Re: Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jul 2017, 23:40

KawaiiBunneh wrote:Ok first off, I'm running my Sims 4 through Wineskin on Mac. Everything runs decently well... but one BIG problem. I crash regularly so I've started saving every few sim hours. But that's incredibly annoying to have to restart so often. I get the Sims unexpectedly stopped working thing all the time! On top of that when I start Sims 4 up, half the time I have to quit and start again due to the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs not showing up at all as if I don't have them. It's frustrating. I installed everything the right way and it DID work fine for a while... but lately it's just not. I also can't accept invites from sims to go to the bar, a party, etc. And I DEFINITELY can't go to ANY of the festivals... which sucks. Most traveling causes crashes, although there's been no crashes due to traveling to work (doctor or scientist... not done detective yet but the Get to Work stuff seems to be ok atm)

So here's the list of issues I'm having:

1. DLC doesn't always show up when starting the game.
2. Anytime I travel to some places I crash. ("Unexpectedly stops working")
3. After playing for a bit (no specific time here, it's random) it crashes. ("Unexpectedly stops working")

I followed the instructions for installation perfectly too... multiple times. I was having trouble beforehand even getting the Sims 4 to work at all but I got it working... now I've got these issues. D: Help! My addiction is suffering lol.

Hello!

Did you use WinRaR for extracting those downloads? Also try the crash-fixes here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

If you are having difficulties with making (certain) DLC appear, try having a look at the possible fixes here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Also, may I ask what difficulties exactly you were having at the beginning?

KawaiiBunneh wrote:(...)  I was having trouble beforehand even getting the Sims 4 to work at all but I got it working
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often. Empty Re: Unexpectedly stops working WAY too often.

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 08:16

My trouble beforehand were just the game giving me the origin error and something about my old saves were created with a newer version? Idk. I ended up deleting it and reinstalling all the stuff again, making sure firewall and anti-virus were off while i installed. Game still wouldn't start. Then I turned on firewall again, started it and now it starts. that issue was fixed. it'll start any time now, no problem. just DLC not wanting to come up and the crashing issue.

as for extraction, I'm on mac so I didn't need winrar or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Jul 2017, 13:27

KawaiiBunneh wrote:I'm on mac so I didn't need winrar or anything.

//MOVED

Ah, I didn't know that (moved your topic to the right section). Unfortunately we don't offer any 'official' support on The Sims on Mac OS platforms, but maybe the topic here which contains some links, can help you further:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24117-all-mac-os-support-is-suspended-until-further-notice-please-read
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top