Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing upon start up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing upon start up. Empty Game freezing upon start up.

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 20:47

I "thought" initially I followed the guide step by step with installing all the DLCs etc. I downloaded the update that had toddlers etc in it. At first I didn't rename my game folder or anything but the game turned on like normal. But it froze when I was closing out of the boxes telling me which DLCs I had installed. 

So then I realized I made a mistake, re-installed every single DLC and followed the guide step by step in renaming the gamefolder to game_ prior to installing the parenthood and fitness stuff thing.

I didn't get the fix/update for 1.31, but my game is going to the loading screen and freezing on the 2nd slide and won't go any further.

Did I goof? How do I fix this?

Update @ 2:55pm EST.

I am currently going through the process of completely uninstalling everything again and am going to re-install everything from the beginning. Just to make sure that i'm not missing something....

Mind you I've played the sims forever, and i've always used this site for when I wanted to play sims 3 and sims 4. I'm not sure if the sims 4 installation process is different from what I remember or if i'm just dodo birding. But when you're installing everything..

with sims 4 > you click on the .exe file to run the installation correct?
I have already added exclusions to every single folder where my games have been downloaded (the .rar files), all files where they are extracted have also been excluded.

For the DLCs/stuff packs, do those have a .exe file to click on and maybe i'm just missing it? Because the first time of doing the install process.. every dlc pack does not seem to have a .exe to click on to do the installation.. so it's a drag and replace process right?

Back to top Go down

Game freezing upon start up. Empty Re: Game freezing upon start up.

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 21:54

Hi there, Smile

Yes, for our installation of the DLCs, it's simply copy + paste (do not move them) to the Sims 4 folder. There is no exe file that you need to run or anything.

What I can suggest is that, try renaming your current Sims 4 folder to sims4backup, and run the game as administrator, preferably in windowed mode so you can tab out or open task manager if it's frozen. If you don't mind re-installing the game, test them out pack by pack instead so that the 'DLCs pop up' won't appear all at once.

If not, do try to update to Fitness and see if the the freezing stops. Make sure that your drivers are up to date as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 21:56

Ageha, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I am currently on the process of installing the toddler update. After I complete the replace of those files, I rename the game file to game_ correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 22:08

so I went through the entire process again (haven't loaded sims 4 after each dlc install yet.)

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/74/82/40/-drmys10.png

this is what my sims 4 folder looks like. 
It's going to the loading screen, the music continues but the screen doesn't move any further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 23:57

Update @ 5:54pm.

I was trying to do the reinstallation + dlc by dlc load. I started with the base game and got an origin error, so I added on the first dlc, and then the sims 4 wouldn't load. I remember when I was extracting the files again it was saying some of the files were corrupt. Winrar was saying that, not my antivirus. I added exclusions to every single possible folder any of the files or game files etc would be in to ensure it caused no issues. Currently going through the install process all over again.

u_u (ive literally been fooling with this since last night. have no clue what's going on) is this normal? lol

Update @ 8:22pm

So uninstalled again. I currently have get to work and get together loaded in with my sims 4 stuff, it's currently sitting in program files:\EA \ Sims 4. I try to run under admin, I get the origin error. never had origin installed on this PC once. I tried to use the .dll files mentioned in another post, it's still giving me the origin isnt running error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 14:19

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for all the updates. The DLC load is it a program or like another version? Also, when winrar mentioned a corrupted file when extracting, you need to re-download whichever DLCs that was 'corrupted'. Some files might get deleted and thus, won't 'install' properly.

For your latest trouble however, simply move out the Sims 4 folder out of EA and put them either under Program Files OR (x86), run the game as administrator and see if the origin error is still there. Also, if you use any mods/CCs, take them out first and test the game. Otherwise, rename the entire Sims 4 folder in Documents so you'll start the game with a fresh folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 16:17

When game is freezing on startup it looks like your missing some DLC's

This article might solve the problem
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31226-keep-gettting-the-unable-to-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged#182070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top