Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist? Empty Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist?

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:18

That would be so awesome, to have a system containing all Nintendo systems, or combining the major systems.  I have seen one here and there, but none that are on the market.

Back to top Go down

Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist? Empty Re: Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:31

mrmike16 wrote:That would be so awesome, to have a system containing all Nintendo systems, or combining the major systems.  I have seen one here and there, but none that are on the market.

Due to the physical format of past & present Nintendo games, a.k.a. game cartridges, that can be tricky in terms of hardware. In the past like with the Super NES (early/mid-1990s), I've seen adapters that allowed you to play GameBoy games on the Super NES. You put the adapter into the game cartridge slot of the Super NES, and then the GameBoy cartridge into the adapter.

I'm not really keeping up with the modern Nintendo consoles, though I still have a Nintendo 3DS XL. I suppose what you could try is finding some Nintendo game ROMs - these are kind of digital versions of games - and an emulator. Then put them on an SD/MicroSD-card or something like that. And see if it runs just like that. If you are interested in this kind of thing though, it may be better to consult more specialized communities, since we are mostly about PC games and software. It is possible that you have to make certain 'modifications' to your console in order to make these games or emulators work.

Or you can download ROMs/emulators that are suitable for the PC, and play old Nintendo games on your desktop machine.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist? Empty Re: Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist?

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:37

Unfortunately, the only emulator I could find to play N64 games on the Wii (Wii64) is terrible.  Gameboy games run fine on it, but my goal is to be able to play N64 games with good controllers again.  I have it on the desktop, but it is really hard to play with other people like that.

I'd be fine with someone just combining some modern systems, like maybe a Switch/PS4/Xbox One X combo.  I doubt it will happen anytime soon, though.  Just worth a check Smile

Also, looking at your avatar- Boo changed like crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:44

mrmike16 wrote:I have it on the desktop, but it is really hard to play with other people like that.

Maybe this: try saving up for a monitor with a big screen. Or, if you have a more modern flatscreen/smart-TV set at your disposal, you should be able to hook it up through HDMI with your PC. In addition there are also USB-hubs with multiple connectors, so you and the people you play with can easily plug in your XBOX or whatever controllers for PC.

Does an all-in-one (Nintendo) console exist? 50pcs-mini-Slim-4-Ports-font-b-USB-b-font-2-0-font-b-Hub-b

With a big screen it'll almost be the same as if playing in front of a 'real' TV. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:50

I just might end up doing that Smile But of course nothing would beat playing our old favorites on a 50 inch screen...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Aug 2017, 21:59

mrmike16 wrote:I just might end up doing that Smile But of course nothing would beat playing our old favorites on a 50 inch screen...

I "installed" such a big flatscreen smart-TV as my PC monitor, and it's a bit awkward since I'm not so used to that. Beyond that, if you just needed new controllers you could always check out eBay, or maybe even your local flea markets for people selling their old game consoles and stuff.

I bought a used N64 controller in 2009 or so, for not that much money, over amazon if I recall correctly. Meanwhile it kind of has worn out as well. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  It's a shame, but then again: if you intend to use your game consoles after more than a decade (for vintage or nostalgia reasons), maybe it's an idea to buy a couple of fresh controllers or other 'peripherals', and to store them for the future.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 22:03

Good idea! Although the 3rd party GameCube controllers are not horrible...Hopefully it won't be that bad for Wii either.  So expensive, all this stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Aug 2017, 22:08

mrmike16 wrote:So expensive, all this stuff.

In particular Nintendo.

I recall going with my father back then (about the year 1997 or 1998??) to an electronics outlet where we wanted to buy some fresh accessories for the old Super NES, and we were told the sales had already been discontinued; at that time, the N64 was "gaining steam". 

There are collectors who keep stuff like that, even with the original packaging, but they either won't sell to you. Or only for a very high price-tag. As said, if you are planning ahead for the future, it's best to stock up on these things while they are easily available.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 22:28

Yes, but even when they are in stock, they are still expensive.  Especially Switch accessories.  I don't remember pre-N64 days, but there's a reason people don't just get lots of controllers right away xD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Aug 2017, 00:24

mrmike16 wrote:but there's a reason people don't just get lots of controllers right away xD

Of course the average person doesn't think about the possibility that they (or other people related to them) could be getting nostalgic feelings at some point in the future. And there's nothing wrong with it in principle. But then they shouldn't be surprised that replacement parts will become the more difficult to obtain, if they do get nostalgic feelings.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top