Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED] Empty Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 20:39

Hey guys,
Today I tried to start up my game and it freezes at the loading screen. It was fine before, any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 21:20

Hi there,  Very Happy

It seems that this was caused by missing DLCs, which honestly, I've just recently found out. Aside from that, you could try to move out your mods folder to see if it's related and also, check that your drivers are up to date.

Checking: Is your game up to date? Our latest (crack) version is currently 1.31 -> Fitness pack. If you had not updated recently, or rather following the Vampire/Parenthood update, I'd recommend you to update to Fitness as well. 

You can also check out this topic here which Tarac had posted a reply.

Back to top Go down

Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes at the loading screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 21:35

I think it should be up to date? I installed everything in order. I have every single DLC so far. I was playing the game in July just fine. Came back now and it just freezes at the loading screen. Doesn't even get to the life crystal Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 21:54

Elleanora wrote:I think it should be up to date? I installed everything in order. I have every single DLC so far. I was playing the game in July just fine. Came back now and it just freezes at the loading screen. Doesn't even get to the life crystal Very Happy
I see. Have you tried starting the game with a fresh Sims 4 folder as well? Also, did you check the download that I link earlier? The one Tarac had posted? Unfortunately, if you have no mods and your drivers and game are up to date, I can only guess the game itself is causing the error. If you're unsure of your game version, you can go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 and open up Gameversion.txt

By loading screen, do you mean the Sims 4 logo though? That's odd if that is. Does it crash or anything? I'm actually hoping it might be a mod. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:04

>    1.31.37.1020

I haven't tried that and also I have **** of mods. That's true! BUT it always worked and I really don't want to lose it. New TS4 folder would cause me to lose my saved games, right?

And yes, it is the sims 4 logo. I'll try to screencap it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:12

Elleanora wrote:>    1.31.37.1020

I haven't tried that and also I have **** of mods. That's true! BUT it always worked and I really don't want to lose it. New TS4 folder would cause me to lose my saved games, right?

And yes, it is the sims 4 logo. I'll try to screencap it.
You can actually rename your current folder in Documents, to say, Sims4backup, and when you run the game, a new folder will be created for you. If you test the game and it is able to load, it might be a corrupted save or conflicting/outdated mods/CCs. 
You can then test the mods in batches (50/50) or if you have a lot of CCs (not script mods), you can categorize them like mine (below) and test them by category instead, you can eliminate it faster. There's a mod conflict detector, though I can't really say anything about the success rate. I think there's a couple who uses sims 4 studio as well to find the problematic mod.
Image:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:16

Ok, tried the new TS4 folder and it works. Probably corrupted save? I'll try it one by one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:18

Elleanora wrote:Ok, tried the new TS4 folder and it works. Probably corrupted save? I'll try it one by one.
I'm actually leaning more towards the mods. Hahaha. You can put the saves folder back first, and then test. If it runs, then it must the mods that is causing the error. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:24

Ok, it's the mods. So what are my options now? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:28

Elleanora wrote:Ok, it's the mods. So what are my options now? Very Happy
Do you have any scripted mods? If yes, test the script mods first. If you have alot of CCs, like I mentioned above, you can do the 50/50 test, or download the mod conflict detector from ModTheSims(MTS). 

EDIT: There's also Sims 4 studio, which can help you organize if you have a lot of CCs and such. At the moment, I suggest using the one from MTS, then you can try the sims 4 studio, after you have familiarize yourself with the program.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:41

Omg, the mod conflict detector actually worked, yay! I had to delete like 50 files though Very Happy And it was mostly furniture so no hard feelings. I'll download the Sims 4 studio so I have CC organized. Thanks a lot for your help <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:45

Elleanora wrote:Omg, the mod conflict detector actually worked, yay! I had to delete like 50 files though Very Happy And it was mostly furniture so no hard feelings. I'll download the Sims 4 studio so I have CC organized. Thanks a lot for your help <3
Glad to help! Very Happy Have you tested the game with mods back in now? Also for Sims 4 studio, you can read about it at their site though, and see if there is a need to install. For me, I don't really use it for my CCs. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:53

Yup, mods are in the game. Mod conflict detector showed me all the stuff that was wrong and it works now. God bless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 11:57

Elleanora wrote:Yup, mods are in the game. Mod conflict detector showed me all the stuff that was wrong and it works now. God bless.
Good job!
Yay! Happy Simming~ 
Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions/problems later on in-game. If you prefer them posted here, do PM me so I can open the the thread again.
Cheers! Very Happy Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top