Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads. Empty *Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads.

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 22:21

Hello! I suddenly felt interested in trying the sims 2, i have the sims 3 (Some expansions) and 4 (All actual expansions), both run smoothly in my computer, however, i noticed i need at the very least 210 of memory available for the sims 3 to not freeze (The more memory available, the better), and if i downloaded the package with all the expansions and everything, i wouldn't be able to follow this rule, i already deleted/uninstalled some minor games (Games that i didn't played too often, and so, didn't needed them) and some Sims 3 expansions which i didn't really used anymore (Seasons (Caused a lot of problems with loading rain and snow) and Supernatural (Never played in that neighborhood, only once i created a witch back in 2016)) to have space to download The sims 2, but i feel a little worried, i am only interested in the Sims 2 base game and the Pets expansion, the only The sims games i completely trust to download are those uploaded by Games4theworld, so i searched, but only found the All-in-one package, which let me a little down, is there a way you guys could make individual downloads? or let it like an All-in-one, but allow us to choose which files to download from there? I just want to try it, since a lot say the sims 2 is better than 3, i want to prove this, and for that i don't need all the expansions (Pets, because the sims without pets is an unfinished game for me), also a download of 11GB will take forever, i mean, a 3GB download takes 3 hours or so in my computer.

I am thankful for all your work, and all the awesome games, sorry if i am asking for a lot or this seems like me being a crybaby, i hope this isn't a big bother, and again, thanks!

Back to top Go down

*Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads. Empty Re: *Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Aug 2017, 16:40

Murimuri wrote:Hello! I suddenly felt interested in trying the sims 2, i have the sims 3 (Some expansions) and 4 (All actual expansions), both run smoothly in my computer, however, i noticed i need at the very least 210 of memory available for the sims 3 to not freeze (The more memory available, the better), and if i downloaded the package with all the expansions and everything, i wouldn't be able to follow this rule, i already deleted/uninstalled some minor games (Games that i didn't played too often, and so, didn't needed them) and some Sims 3 expansions which i didn't really used anymore (Seasons (Caused a lot of problems with loading rain and snow) and Supernatural (Never played in that neighborhood, only once i created a witch back in 2016)) to have space to download The sims 2, but i feel a little worried, i am only interested in the Sims 2 base game and the Pets expansion, the only The sims games i completely trust to download are those uploaded by Games4theworld, so i searched, but only found the All-in-one package, which let me a little down, is there a way you guys could make individual downloads? or let it like an All-in-one, but allow us to choose which files to download from there? I just want to try it, since a lot say the sims 2 is better than 3, i want to prove this, and for that i don't need all the expansions (Pets, because the sims without pets is an unfinished game for me), also a download of 11GB will take forever, i mean, a 3GB download takes 3 hours or so in my computer.

I am thankful for all your work, and all the awesome games, sorry if i am asking for a lot or this seems like me being a crybaby, i hope this isn't a big bother, and again, thanks!

//MOVED

Hello @Murimuri and welcome to the Forum,

Sorry to hear about this; we came up with this all-in-one download because the majority (at least 90%) of people wanted to have the complete pack anyhow. And, I have to admit, to my own surprise the general interest in TS2 seems rather low as is. If the interest were higher, I would have said OK, let's discuss about individual torrents for the base game and each TS2 stuffpack/expansion. Then again it's not really surprising, as most newbies will turn to the newest Sims game (TS4), and most of those who played TS2 back in the days have grown old and moved on.

You're not being a "crybaby" or a "big bother", but nonetheless you should try understanding our position as well: there will always be certain fringe cases where people have a very slow internet. Or they have a download cap. Or they are not allowed to use torrents (and ask for direct download links only). Et cetera. These special requests always put us in a difficult position, though we try coming up with individual solutions whenever possible.

As for this case, I have a direct link for the "Double Deluxe" basegame of TS2, which is the base game included in our "Complete Collection" torrent. it is 3.3GB in size because it already includes the "Celebration" and "Late Night" DLC. I strongly suggest using this particular base game version because using the regular basegame tends to result in errors during installation. Then I can also try uploading the "Pets" expansion separately as direct download. For these individual solutions please keep in mind we only provide direct downloads, and no torrents.

Is this something you are interested in?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

*Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads. Empty Re: *Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads.

Post by Guest Fri 18 Aug 2017, 18:13

I already gave links to my own uploads of all individual DLC's via PM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 06:53

Thanks a lot both of you!

And i totally understand your position, there are new games people is more hyped to play, and so, those are probably being requested a LOT more, and is something more, hmmm, how to say it, Convenient? for you to fulfill those request than a single somebody asking for an outdated game (XD)

Thanks, again, i am happy to know this community is more helpful than others that would start being offensive right away (a reason why i tend to start away from forums *shrugs*) i might look around more often, but i don't promise to talk a lot XD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:16

Tarac wrote:I already gave links to my own uploads of all individual DLC's via PM

Is the base game included in your compilation the "Double Deluxe" version? Because as hinted, the "regular" basegames tend to give an installation error when trying to add further DLC. I can also provide my own Double Deluxe basegame later on, if needed.

@Murimuri, no problem!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:25

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:I already gave links to my own uploads of all individual DLC's via PM

Is the base game included in your compilation the "Double Deluxe" version? Because as hinted, the "regular" basegames tend to give an installation error when trying to add further DLC. I can also provide my own Double Deluxe basegame later on, if needed.

@Murimuri, no problem!
They are iso's of the original CD's, so install base game,apply SP2_update, install other DLC's

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:42

Tarac wrote:They are iso's of the original CD's, so install base game,apply SP2_update, install other DLC's

The OP will post back either way (I guess) if it doesn't work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:37

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:They are iso's of the original CD's, so install base game,apply SP2_update, install other DLC's

The OP will post back either way (I guess) if it doesn't work.
Yes, he/she did

*Request* Sims 2 Individual Downloads. Empty Murimuri za 19 aug - 6:54
Thanks a lot!!

You fulfilled my Whim of the month! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:48

Tarac wrote:Yes, he/she did

Look, I won't argue with you about the issue (and in general it's appreciated that you "jump in" on these occasions). But I'm only speaking from my own experience, and I never managed to get these 'original' Sims 2 games work. I would manage to install the base game but the DLC would always end up with "insert disc 2". I've read tutorials that involve installing the games in Windows Safe mode and in compatibility mode, but never tried them myself. 

Whatever one might think about G4TW's Sims 2 collection...there is a reason I compiled it the way it looks today. 

@Murimuri, feel free to post back in case of follow-up issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:Yes, he/she did

Look, I won't argue with you about the issue (and in general it's appreciated that you "jump in" on these occasions). But I'm only speaking from my own experience, and I never managed to get these 'original' Sims 2 games work. I would manage to install the base game but the DLC would always end up with "insert disc 2". I've read tutorials that involve installing the games in Windows Safe mode and in compatibility mode, but never tried them myself. 

Whatever one might think about G4TW's Sims 2 collection...there is a reason I compiled it the way it looks today. 

@Murimuri, feel free to post back in case of follow-up issues.
As I stated earlies, my downloads are copies of all the original CD's.  Base game consists of 4 discs.
Nothing wrong with the G4TW The Sims 2 collection but TS specifically asked for the individual discs.

is there a way you guys could make individual downloads? or let it like an All-in-one, but allow us to choose which files to download from there?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:59

Nothing wrong with original discs either. Except for the aforementioned - possible - installation problems (in particular on Windows 7 and later).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 19:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Nothing wrong with original discs either. Except for the aforementioned - possible - installation problems (in particular on Windows 7 and later).
That specific problem is caused by an outdated link to EA in the installation. As the old EA download manager can not be found.
So install base game, apply (copy/paste) TS2_update and install the other DLC's.
After installation of new DLC's, a screen pops-up "checking for updates", followed by "Your game is already up-to-date".

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top