Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with installation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with installation?  Empty Help with installation?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 10:44

hi, i'm new here. 

I've just installed the G4TW version of TS4 and wish to update it to the latest version. I don't want any of the DLC though. Is it required to install in order to update? The install of the actual game went perfectly fine, it works and everything but it has no option for CC. It's just not in the menu. I read online that in order for the CC options to appear, you need to update your game. 

I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed the steps and everything but i'm stuck at an infinite loading screen. i'm very aware there's a fix for that on here, but it doesn't work for me. I don't know why. Is it because I don't have the DLC installed? I really, really don't want to bother with messing with DLC and everything I really just want CC. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Help with installation?  Empty Re: Help with installation?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:02

As far as I know, applying the ultimate fix updates the base game only and renders installed DLC's as worthless.
This is the first time I hear about infinite loading in the base game, maybe @The_gh0stm4n has a simple solution.

With DLC's added you had to delete the folder Game from Program Files\The Sims 4 and replace it by this NEW FOLDER, but I'm not sure this will work for the base game.
At least you can try it. In that case do not delete the existing folder Game but copy it to f.e. your desktop. Should it not work you can then copy the folder back if necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:10

Tarac wrote:As far as I know, applying the ultimate fix updates the base game only and renders installed DLC's as worthless.
This is the first time I hear about infinite loading in the base game, maybe @The_gh0stm4n has a simple solution.

With DLC's added you had to delete the folder Game from Program Files\The Sims 4 and replace it by this , but I'm not sure this will work for the base game.
At least you can try it. In that case do not delete the existing folder Game but copy it to f.e. your desktop. Should it not work you can then copy the folder back if necessary.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

I applied the folder and now instead of starting it's giving me the 'unable to start' error. This is a headache haha.

p.s sorry about leaving that other post in the help area, i didn't know where to post things. but to answer your reply, i'm looking for the 'enable custom content and script mods' option which is not there. Installing the mods is easy, I can do that. But the ones that are scripts do not work as the option to enable them just isn't there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:39

If you want to play the base game only, you can use ZLOrigin.
You then have a complete basegame and stay up-to-date with new patches aso.

Only problem: You must play on-line all the time

I have found a "solution" for your problem.
Install all DLC's upto and incl. Fitness.
Open the file RldOrigin.ini in the installation folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
Set CNT=137 to CNT=0 and save the file.
Now start your game again and you have a full basegame only.

see this for further explanation:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:17

Update: topic unlocked again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Update: topic unlocked again. Smile
Thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Aug 2017, 19:09

Tarac wrote:Thanks !

If I had seen the topic(s) earlier, I would have merged them immediately, but alas, this should work as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top