Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions. Empty Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Aug 2017, 03:14

So I downloaded the torrents for TS4 + the expansions etc. and was able to install TS4 basegame via the installer that is included. However when I went on to download Get To Work expansion I cannot seem to find the installer to begin the installation process. Sorry if this is dumb but all the installation instructions said to do was to copy and paste, which I figured wasn't enough to install the game. Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions. Empty Re: Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Aug 2017, 09:07

edlan97 wrote:So I downloaded the torrents for TS4 + the expansions etc. and was able to install TS4 basegame via the installer that is included. However when I went on to download Get To Work expansion I cannot seem to find the installer to begin the installation process. Sorry if this is dumb but all the installation instructions said to do was to copy and paste, which I figured wasn't enough to install the game. Thanks for your help.
All DLC's sofar are extremely simple.
Download -> Extract with Winrar -> Copy files and folders to your installation folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
So no installer, nothing to install, just copy/paste

Back to top Go down

Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions. Empty Re: Cannot find Installer for TS4 Expansions.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Aug 2017, 15:21

all the installation instructions said to do was to copy and paste, which I figured wasn't enough to install the game.

It is enough and as easy as that. As Tarac mentioned. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:35

edlan97 wrote:(...) which I figured wasn't enough to install the game. 

I get that for an 'outsider' (people just enjoying torrents from to time) this may be confusing, but then: why would we put out an incomplete installation guide? Copy & paste is indeed enough. See, those "automated" installers that people are so familiar with, in principle don't do much else: they copy/paste files and folders onto your system, sometimes they also add registry entries. But manually copying and pasting has the same effect here, as using a fancy custom installer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top