Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Empty Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files?

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 04:54

I have not a clue as to what the problem may be. I made sure to deactivate my firewall and clear all residual files that the last uninstallation might've missed, as this is really the third time I'm reinstalling, but I've never gotten this problem. It could be me just being a ditz and missing out a step but I'm doing exactly what I did the past few times.. Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? 3785306469Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? 3785306469

Also, when I click the setup it brings up three options: modify, repair and uninstall. Last time I clicked modify and everything went on smoothly. Now, no matter if I click repair or modify, it just gives me this message.

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Help10

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Empty Re: Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files?

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:06

Restart your computer and try again.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Empty Re: Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files?

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:21

Hi @Kandii ,

Are you able to repair the game now after restarting your pc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:43

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:45

Kandii wrote:That seems to have done the trick. Thank you  I tip my fedora.
Thanks to Tarac of course (; 

I'll keep this thread open for now in case you have any other questions or ran into a bug in-game.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:48

Oh, and before I forget, may I ask how long to wait before installing an ep? It says you mustn't do it "right after" but exactly what is the wait-time there? I apologise if this has been answered already  Oh my...

And yes, of course many thanks to Tarac!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:53

Kandii wrote:Oh, and before I forget, may I ask how long to wait before installing an ep? It says you mustn't do it "right after" but exactly what is the wait-time there? I apologise if this has been answered already  Oh my...

And yes, of course many thanks to Tarac!
Oh? I did not know that. Hahaha. Are you referring to this perhaps? 
Code:
****NOTE that this game is updated often. DO NOT update right away
If so, that means that the legit game is updated often (back then) and if you have the original base game install via origin, you should not let it auto-update. You can actually ignore that part and move on to updating your game to Get to Work, then followed by the rest here.  Carlos is tha man 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:59

Oh, well that's good to hear. Sorry for being a chatter-bug, but the second time I installed it, I did all the eps in one go too and when I started the game up, I got this odd glitch that flickered the top half of the screen. I uninstalled everything and actually moved on to the TS3, however, I also encountered the glitch there. I adjusted the settings to Windowed Mode and that actually did the trick... thinking back now I guess I should've have adjusted the screen resolution on the game before uninstalling it.

But thank you both for your help, I'll leave now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:05

Kandii wrote:Oh, well that's good to hear. Sorry for being a chatter-bug, but the second time I installed it, I did all the eps in one go too and when I started the game up, I got this odd glitch that flickered the top half of the screen. I uninstalled everything and actually moved on to the TS3, however, I also encountered the glitch there. I adjusted the settings to Windowed Mode and that actually did the trick... thinking back now I guess I should've have adjusted the screen resolution on the game before uninstalling it.

But thank you both for your help, I'll leave now lol
Hahaha, I see. Though in my case, I like to suggest to others to test the game in packs (update), so they will know which DLC is causing the problem (if they have any). 

Don't go!!! Jk, Like I previously mentioned, I'll keep this topic open, since you'll be installing the rest of the updates later on. And if there's no error/bug in-game, feel free to update us here so we can mark this as solved after everything had been done.  Very Happy Remember to install the games 'stress-free' and at your own pace. No need to rush or anything (even if you can't contain the excitement).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:29

Kandii wrote:Oh, and before I forget, may I ask how long to wait before installing an ep? It says you mustn't do it "right after" (...)

Where exactly does it say that? Is that in one of the installation guides of the (older) TS4 torrents? If so, keep in mind that those torrents were released ages ago, and some details in the install procedure may change, and may not be apparent from the perspective of a user in 2017. Always refer to the guide here, which gets updated every time a new torrent is out (you can't edit installation guides from torrents that are already released).

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:33

Ah, that makes sense @The_gh0stm4n.

Alright so not all is well... the installation was completed but.. I can't find the folder. It says that the installation was successfully done yet it's not even on my computer. 

When I searched the entire system for "the sims 4" it just brought up the old file that you had in documents but not the one that's in Program Files... like the file had all of my old mods despite me uninstalling and deleting everything??

Yup, I've done something entirely wrong here. I'm too incompetent for this; I think I'll stick with TS3 for the mean while.  Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:38

Kandii wrote:Ah, that makes sense @The_gh0stm4n.

Alright so not all is well... the installation was completed but.. I can't find the folder. It says that the installation was successfully done yet it's not even on my computer. 

When I searched the entire system for "the sims 4" it just brought up the old file that you had in documents but not the one that's in Program Files... like the file had all of my old mods despite me uninstalling and deleting everything??

Yup, I've done something entirely wrong here. I'm too incompetent for this; I think I'll stick with TS3 for the mean while.  Mad

Should be under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, is it not there?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:42

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Unfort10

Unfortunately not. Sorry for being so troublesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:43

Just do a search on your computer for TS4.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 19:34

Sims 4 Installation Error: Locked Files? Still_11

I think I'll try reinstalling it again later. When the options to modify, repair or uninstall pop up, what do you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Aug 2017, 12:45

Kandii wrote:I think I'll try reinstalling it again later. When the options to modify, repair or uninstall pop up, what do you do?
If there are more traces of Sims 4 in your pc, the game will auto install the game without asking for the above. Try using the Uninstaller Pro from our download site here or you can try cleaning the registry following the steps from ea here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FAQ-Manually-uninstalling-The-Sims-4/td-p/3447927

Also, if you have saves/mods from a previous installation, you can back them up from Documents\EA\The Sims 4 before uninstalling the game. It may ask you if you want to delete the files in Documents as well (if i'm not wrong. Since most games does that).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Aug 2017, 16:36

@Kandii, if you really can't get it working, I sent you a private message with a download link to an alternative basegame (instructions included), that should be easier to use. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Aug 2017, 19:50

Yes, I've received it and I was only getting the same results. I'll try this one and see if it works! Please excuse the late reply Razz And I have installed Uninstaller Pro, surprisingly enough there were a lot of files left over.

And just thanks to everyone who's helped me so far Very Happy

**Everything was installed flawlessly! Thanks so much guys! Guess the original was too complex for me  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 02:59

Kandii wrote:Yes, I've received it and I was only getting the same results. I'll try this one and see if it works! Please excuse the late reply Razz And I have installed Uninstaller Pro, surprisingly enough there were a lot of files left over.

And just thanks to everyone who's helped me so far Very Happy

**Everything was installed flawlessly! Thanks so much guys! Guess the original was too complex for me  Oh my...
Glad to hear you're able to install the game now! And don't worry, we are all here to help out each other. If by chance you have not updated your game, remember to follow the steps after installing Vampire properly.

Of course, do keep us posted if you have any other questions or ran into a new problem. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Aug 2017, 19:17

@Kandii, so did you end up using the basegame I sent you over PM? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 04:09

Wow, time has really escaped me and I've forgotten to reply.. Yup it worked perfectly thank you so much. But now I have another problem haha.

So you see, I uninstalled the sims 4 because of that bug you get when you install parenthood and vampires and such, and I recently reinstalled it and now I've picked up the Spanish bug. In two to three years I wouldn't mind it being in Spanish but for now, I really need the English. 

Now, of course, I've searched through countless threads with the same problem and I've even installed the game file needed while installing the eps so I don't really know why I'm having this problem.. trust me I have tried everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 14:56

Kandii wrote:Wow, time has really escaped me and I've forgotten to reply.. Yup it worked perfectly thank you so much. But now I have another problem haha.

So you see, I uninstalled the sims 4 because of that bug you get when you install parenthood and vampires and such, and I recently reinstalled it and now I've picked up the Spanish bug. In two to three years I wouldn't mind it being in Spanish but for now, I really need the English. 

Now, of course, I've searched through countless threads with the same problem and I've even installed the game file needed while installing the eps so I don't really know why I'm having this problem.. trust me I have tried everything.
Hi @Kandii ,

Have you tried applying the error code 3 fix below? Assuming that you've install up till Toddler's stuff, download the fix and paste it to your Game\Bin.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31459-the-sims-4-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 16:22

That's the funny thing really. I did install the fix after I installed toddlers but nothing. Ah, I probably messed up somewhere I guess I'll un and reinstall everything and see what happens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 18:33

Ok so it was my own fault. It seemed that I didn't install the file at all but all is well now. Thank you again for putting up with my ignorance  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:44

Kandii wrote:Ok so it was my own fault. It seemed that I didn't install the file at all but all is well now. Thank you again for putting up with my ignorance  Smile
@Kandii 

No worries! I know having alot of fixes posted can be a bit confusing and sometimes you feel like just downloading everything. I'll keep this topic open for the moment in case you have any other questions/bugs in-game.  Smile
Till then, cheers and have fun~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top