Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 1 Question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect 1 Question. Empty Mass Effect 1 Question.

Post by Guest Sat 02 Sep 2017, 03:15

Hello there guys, I've just downloaded Mass Effect 1 from this site and I installed it. Of course the only problem (aside from the manual save option disabled) is the galaxy map. I extracted all the files from the torrent and all that and launched the game from the Binaries folder MassEffect.exe with "Run As Administrator". In the #intstallation Guide you said to copy the MassEffect.exe to the Binaries folder and Replace it. 

I already tried this before when I had the game's ISO and it didn't work because it replaced it and couldn't work properly. My question is, Should I do the same here or is it something else I'm missing? 

I want to know before doing it

Thanks!  Very Happy

//EDIT

So, no one? Mass Effect 1 Question. 637235714

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 1 Question. Empty Re: Mass Effect 1 Question.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Sep 2017, 01:15

Ultra54 wrote:So, no one? IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I'm not so sure I understand what the problem in your case is exactly. Smile  Yes, you have to apply the #Crack, according to the included instructions. I can't really tell if the included #Crack works with other releases of the game, but it works with the version of G4TW.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 04:39

Finally!  Very Happy

These are the steps I did for the installation:

1: I downloaded the Torrent, and extracted it with winrar

2: It's a folder with lots of stuff right? Then I double click on the Setup.exe

3: I go through the installation and all that

4: After installation is completed I go to the binaries file and right click the Masseffect.exe and click on Run as Administrator because the Desktop icon doesn't work.

5: The game runs well, except for the Manual Save disable button... But when I get to the Normandy (the ship) to access the galaxy map the game is just unplayable.

In the torrent, you included the Map Fix folder but when I do what it says it doesn't work either. Am I missing something? Or just there's really no solution to that problem.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Sep 2017, 17:05

Sorry again for the belated reply, but did you use the program WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar archive file?

Other than that, I believe I only played the game briefly years back, so I would have to reinstall again to 'get the feeling'. I'm really sorry I can't offer any more solutions right now; what I can do is to leave the thread open in case someone else has a better idea, and of course test the game myself again, once I get to it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 22:26

I did use Winrar  Very Happy 

And the game runs fine until I get to the Normandy (after visiting the Citadel) to access the Galaxy Map that all hell breaks loose. 

The Masseffect.exe that's in the Map Fix folder where do I put it? Because if I replace it with the one in the Binaries folder, it doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 04 Sep 2017, 20:30

Ultra54 wrote:I did use Winrar  Very Happy 

And the game runs fine until I get to the Normandy (after visiting the Citadel) to access the Galaxy Map that all hell breaks loose. 

The Masseffect.exe that's in the Map Fix folder where do I put it? Because if I replace it with the one in the Binaries folder, it doesn't work.

This here:

G4TW wrote:

INSTALLING THE MAP FIX

1. When you've installed the game, open the "Mass Effect.rar" again and open the "# Map FIX" 
folder.
2. Copy the "MassEffect.exe" to: C:\Program Files\Mass Effect\Binaries and REPLACE it by the 
existing one.
3. Open the Game and the Map should be working now! ENJOY playing!

Just to be safe, make sure to add the install location of the game to the "exclusions" in your antivirus/antimalware programs, including Windows Defender. In addition, there are some general tips on the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t833-possible-mass-effect-problems-fixes

If nothing works, maybe it could be an idea starting over (after setting the exclusions in the security software), by uninstalling, rebooting the computer, and then re-installing the game. Plus patching the game as per the second part of the linked guide. Good luck again!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top