Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe. Empty Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 01:18

I installed the game correctly but when I try and transfer the sims.exe from the #crack to the sims folder on programs x86 it says windows cant create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut on the desktop instead? I cant merge the files or do a shortcut so what am I supposed to do.

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe. Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 08:51

copy the crack and paste it C:Program Files(x86)/Maxis/The Sims , then copy it again from there where you pasted the crack and paste it to desktop .

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe. Empty Re: Sims 1 Complete Collection Problem with start.exe.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 13:16

Thank you that worked. I started the game and now it's forever loading the expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 14:06

Princess1989 wrote:Thank you that worked. I started the game and now it's forever loading the expansion packs?
Yes, I''ve seen that problem many times.
Somewhere there seem to be a fault in the neighbourhoods.
Using another neighbourhood can solve the problem.

When you look at your install folder you'll notice that there are 8 neighbourhoods, called:
UserData
UserData2, 3,4,5,6,7 and 8.

I suppose that your problem already starts with neighbourhood 1 (folder UserData)
Change the foldername UserData to f.e. UUserData.

The game however needs a folder Userdata, so what you can do is:
Make a copy of f.e. UserData8 and rename that copy back to UserData.
Now start your game again and see if the problem is now solved.

Another possibility is to download an empty UserData from THIS SITE
Extract with Winrar, delete the UserData that causes the problem and replace by the downloaded and extracted neighbourhood.
After a succesful start you may of course delete the UUserData

By the Way
copy the crack and paste it C:Program Files(x86)/Maxis/The Sims , then copy it again from there where you pasted the crack and paste it to desktop .

Don't copy/paste it to your desktop: Use a shortcut instead for your desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Sep 2017, 16:50

Thank you it worked. And I tried it out and everything is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top