Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing? Empty Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 14:05

Hi, I've just finished installing the Sims 2 Complete Collection on my computer. I'm new to uTorrent but I used it and managed to do all the long installing of each Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack, etc. After a few hours of that, once I had managed to start up the game and tried to go into CAS the game had suddenly froze. I got a pop-up saying that the game terminated itself, and I ended up having my computer saying that the game had stopped working and that I should end the program. That led to me having to force quit the game, I've tried many solutions but they haven't worked. I deleted the cache files, replaced the Sims2EP9.exe file with the cracked one twice just in case, double checked that my antivirus had excluded my game files, and even downloaded this tool to help adjust my game performance settings. None of that worked, the game is still unplayable when I open CAS. It's been like two hours that I've been trying to fix this.

Can anyone help me? I really don't want to uninstall and then reinstall--it took me like all night just to do that, so. I'd avoid that if I could. Even if my computer is a bit old, it has an Intel Core processor (if that helps anything) and is a 64-bit machine. I have Windows 10. My graphics shouldn't be a problem, because the game looks fine, it's just when I open CAS that the bloody thing crashes. I saw another thread on this on here, but none of the solutions even helped unfortunately.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has a solution that could fix this! I'm dying over here, I've literally played all of the Sims games except TS2 and now that I finally got the chance to it's ironically doing this to me

Back to top Go down

Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing? Empty Re: Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Sep 2017, 17:30

sashahoran wrote:Hi, I've just finished installing the Sims 2 Complete Collection on my computer. I'm new to uTorrent but I used it and managed to do all the long installing of each Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack, etc. After a few hours of that, once I had managed to start up the game and tried to go into CAS the game had suddenly froze. I got a pop-up saying that the game terminated itself, and I ended up having my computer saying that the game had stopped working and that I should end the program. That led to me having to force quit the game, I've tried many solutions but they haven't worked. I deleted the cache files, replaced the Sims2EP9.exe file with the cracked one twice just in case, double checked that my antivirus had excluded my game files, and even downloaded this tool to help adjust my game performance settings. None of that worked, the game is still unplayable when I open CAS. It's been like two hours that I've been trying to fix this.

Can anyone help me? I really don't want to uninstall and then reinstall--it took me like all night just to do that, so. I'd avoid that if I could. Even if my computer is a bit old, it has an Intel Core processor (if that helps anything) and is a 64-bit machine. I have Windows 10. My graphics shouldn't be a problem, because the game looks fine, it's just when I open CAS that the bloody thing crashes. I saw another thread on this on here, but none of the solutions even helped unfortunately.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has a solution that could fix this! I'm dying over here, I've literally played all of the Sims games except TS2 and now that I finally got the chance to it's ironically doing this to me

Hello and welcome to the Forum @sashahoran,

Sorry to hear about these difficulties. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Try opening the following: Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced -> Performance (tab) -> Data Execution prevention.

Can't open CAS without game crashing/freezing? D2x4bi_nRU6We3asaJuyag

See if the option is marked on your end (the one in the red rectangle). If not, please mark that option on your system, then confirm with Apply + OK. Good luck for now!

P.S. how 'old' is your computer, and would you mind sharing the specifications with us here? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top