The Sims 3 frequent crashing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 frequent crashing.

Post by QCompliant on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 13:35

Okay, so i got all my sims 3 files from here, installed and they worked perfectly except for the occasional freezes and such. After adding mods it also worked fine till it didn't and i have to uninstall my sims 3. I reinstalled again and the game wouldn't even have time to load before it crashed and it was happening so frequently that i figured maybe i didn't delete all sims 3 file before reinstalling. Then i deleted all sims 3 files, uninstalled and reinstalled for the third time. It was working perfectly yesterday which was when i reinstalled but today, it keeps crashing like 2 minutes into the game. Ave gone online to check for solutions and none seem to be working so i need help cos i wanna install the other sims 3 worlds. I have no mod or cc. Thanks

QCompliant
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 frequent crashing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 17:43

@QCompliant wrote:Okay, so i got all my sims 3 files from here, installed and they worked perfectly except for the occasional freezes and such. After adding mods it also worked fine till it didn't and i have to uninstall my sims 3. I reinstalled again and the game wouldn't even have time to load before it crashed and it was happening so frequently that i figured maybe i didn't delete all sims 3 file before reinstalling. Then i deleted all sims 3 files, uninstalled and reinstalled for the third time. It was working perfectly yesterday which was when i reinstalled but today, it keeps crashing like 2 minutes into the game. Ave gone online to check for solutions and none seem to be working so i need help cos i wanna install the other sims 3 worlds. I have no mod or cc. Thanks

Hello @QCompliant,

You can/should try the suggestions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

In particular steps #2 (DEP exclusions) and #4 (Vetical Sync). Good luck!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QCompliant on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:03

Thanks. Gonna do that now.

QCompliant
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:07

@QCompliant wrote:Thanks. Gonna do that now.

Just a follow-up question: are you playing any other games on that particular computer, and if so, how is the performance there?

Good luck!

Tea 5

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QCompliant on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:08

just sims 4 and its alright

QCompliant
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:10

@QCompliant wrote:just sims 4 and its alright

Is that computer by any chance a laptop?

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QCompliant on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:11

yeah

QCompliant
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 18:19

@QCompliant wrote:yeah

If the tips in the linked thread above don't yield much success for you, then there is still the option of uninstalling some of the expansions or stuffpacks from The Sims 3, which you do not like/care much about. It's an uncomfortable solution, but then again, The Sims 3 it notorious for not being very well 'optimized'. Plus, laptops are generally not made for gaming purposes, so that oftentimes - not always, but oftentimes - adds another layer of complexity to these issues.

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QCompliant on Tue 03 Oct 2017, 07:57

Thanks alot. everything is working so well

QCompliant
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down