Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been a long time need some help with this.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. Empty Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 02:44

Okay well I took and did a reinstall of the base game (Something went wrong, since I've not done this in YEARS). But now I'm pretty lost about toddlers vampires update. Took and went to the downloads page and downloaded it. But when looking into the txt file even the file itself is listed as The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020... Anyways the text file reads this as "City Living" but the DL page has it listed as something else. I don't want to add these if they're not the correct files needed.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 08:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addressing a very confusing issue as of now)

Back to top Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. Empty Re: Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Oct 2017, 08:19

TCA wrote:Okay well I took and did a reinstall of the base game (Something went wrong, since I've not done this in YEARS). But now I'm pretty lost about toddlers vampires update. Took and went to the downloads page and downloaded it. But when looking into the txt file even the file itself is listed as The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020... Anyways the text file reads this as "City Living" but the DL page has it listed as something else. I don't want to add these if they're not the correct files needed.

Hello @TCA,

The G4TW torrent "Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff" is indeed named as The Sims 4 Update 1.29.69.1020.zip. Whatever may be in the included install instructions, you can rest assured that this particular file is the Toddlers - Vampires - Bowling torrent. The torrent was created by (former) Moderator Shamrock who at the time was trying to be helpful, since I myself was busy, but ultimately he wasn't much acquainted with TS4.

I'm not entirely sure if that is what you wanted to know, but in case I misunderstood feel free to re-phrase your concern. From what I am able to tell though, the links on the download page are all accurate.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. Empty Re: Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 08:37

I wasn't sure but yeah that does answer my question. I ended up giving it a go, and now strangely the world select is a big white blank. not sure how that happened lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 15:06

Hi @TCA ,

Did you install anything after Vampire? I'd suggest updating your game to Parenthood since this pack fixes some bugs from Vampire. Remember to rename the Game folder to Game_ or deleting it before copy + pasting the Parenthood update.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Oct 2017, 16:17

TCA wrote:I wasn't sure but yeah that does answer my question. I ended up giving it a go, and now strangely the world select is a big white blank. not sure how that happened lol.

Did you really install the items in the order...

Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living -> Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling? If yes, then please do what Ageha suggested; go under your install folder of TS4 and then delete the folder "Game". Now re-download the fixed Game-folder for Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling here:
http://tinyurl.com/yd2ornwm

Place it inside your install directory of TS4. Then restart the game (with the TS4.exe), from the Game\Bin subfolder.

You don't necessarily need to apply other DLC (Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Toddlers Stuff).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:16

Good morning!

@Ageha
Yup! First go at it I messed something up and ended up just doing a complete clean up of the game files etc and re-installing. Parenthood was the last one I added to the game. But before that the original game folder immediately when into my trash before I did anything else with later SP and EPs' 

@TG
I'll take and drop that into the dir and load it up here in a bit and see what happens (I need tea). I'll let ya'll know! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:23

Hey @TCA ,

If you had installed up till Parenthood then placing the Game folder will messed up your DLC count, as that was intended for the Vampire pack. I think you can still replaced all the other files except the RldOrigini.ini however, right? @The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 17:36

Did the fix! now it's spitting errors No shit, Sherlock.; I'll start everything over again later today. Appreciate the help from both of you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 20:05

TCA wrote:Did the fix! now it's spitting errors No shit, Sherlock.; I'll start everything over again later today. Appreciate the help from both of you Smile
Hey,

Just a heads up. If you decided to install the Parenthood, do not apply game folder (the one given in the link). Only do that if you want to install up till Vampire.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Oct 2017, 20:16

@TCA, I noticed from your posting history (and your registration date) that you came on the Forum around the same time as I did, which is VERY long time ago. And you also probably remember what The Sims 3 was like on here.

The Sims 4 is, despite all "hooray" messages, the most unpopular of all games, and it works entirely different than TS3.

The "Game"-folder above is sort of like a crack indeed. But it only works if you install "up to and including" Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling. For the latest guide on how to use G4TW's Sims 4 torrent releases, see the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 21:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:@TCA, I noticed from your posting history (and your registration date) that you came on the Forum around the same time as I did, which is VERY long time ago. And you also probably remember what The Sims 3 was like on here.

The Sims 4 is, despite all "hooray" messages, the most unpopular of all games, and it works entirely different than TS3.

The "Game"-folder above is sort of like a crack indeed. But it only works if you install "up to and including" Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling. For the latest guide on how to use G4TW's Sims 4 torrent releases, see the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
I definitely remember how Sims 3 was. Not so much of a CF haha. I thought about installing S3 again and just getting the iso's of the ones I wasn't able to buy in store. Hell I'm not sure if Lady Edi is still around? I'm currently doing a reinstall of everything and mass extracting the rar files now, then edit the ini file to english. 

How it's done now as far as Sims 4 goes it's totally different and I can see why with all the measures EAxis took to combat things like this. Before you could install base game then EP and SP's in any order and the game would still run without any issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Oct 2017, 21:39

Yes, yes. Those were the days! I'd suggest you delete again the "Game"-folder in your install directory of The Sims 4, then re-apply Parenthood -> Fitness -> Toddlers Stuff -> (Error Code 3 fix), as described in the guide I linked to.

EA definitely invested a lot into "security". But at which cost? The Sims 4 is extremely limited in its in-game features despite being currently 22GB in filesize (base game plus all currently-available DLC).

Lady Eldi is now "Ann":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u1470

Admin is "Ad(wo)min":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u1

They are for the most part more active in the background; what you see in terms of the grunt work on the public Forum here is nowadays mostly done by me & the other "Quartermasters" (sectional Mods).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 22:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Yes, yes. Those were the days! I'd suggest you delete again the "Game"-folder in your install directory of The Sims 4, then re-apply Parenthood -> Fitness -> Toddlers Stuff -> (Error Code 3 fix), as described in the guide I linked to.

EA definitely invested a lot into "security". But at which cost? The Sims 4 is extremely limited in its in-game features despite being currently 22GB in filesize (base game plus all currently-available DLC).

Lady Eldi is now "Ann":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u1470

Admin is "Ad(wo)min":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u1

They are for the most part more active in the background; what you see in terms of the grunt work on the public Forum here is nowadays mostly done by me & the other "Quartermasters" (sectional Mods).
I just dumped everything. Cleaned out the registry too, now waiting for it to install since it stopped responding. Did that last night simply bc of Win 10 updates :\ still stuck on updating component registration.

Exactly. I don't think they can fully stop it unless they went the Blizzard and Epic route. As long as tech advances more tools will be available to backwards engineer things. I think they don't understand that you may make it but there will ALWAYS be someone out there that can break it and find all it's flaws and work arounds.

It's good that they're still around Smile I'll have to say hi soon! The more staff help the better.

I noticed it was kinda limited too. I did try the base game years ago and was floored that toddlers was left out and never touched it up until now because of that. It seems to run better than Sims 3 ever did, I had so many issues with frame drops etc and the biggest yet them not going to work when they got higher up in their career forcing me to have them quit and just giving them money. I do like the sim CAS in 4 over 3 even Sims 2.

Freaking windows update causing the install to screw up and fail. I’m gonna go and turn that off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 05:31

Same world problem persisting everything was installed in order. I don't know why or what is making it do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 11:01

Correct order of installation:

1. install Basegame
2. In your installation folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Electornic Arts\The Sims 4, move (not copy) The Sims 4 out of the directory Electronic Arts to anywhere on your (external) drives. Bear in mind not to move it into a folder Origin, ZLOrigin,Origin Games, Electornic Arts. Best is to move it into Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
3. Install Get to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Limits
6. Install Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling
7. Delete the folder Game from your installtion folder (Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 ?)
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness
10. Install Toddler Stuff
11. Apply error 3 fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 16:34

Done all that several times. With the fix tried that last time and game just spat out initialization errors. Everything loads fine except the worlds which just shows a blank white screen. I even tried moving it back from program files to x86 and it wouldn’t even launch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:37

Hey,

Did you install all the way till Toddler's Stuff now or did you stop before that? If you did install all the way till Tot's stuff, I'd suggest copying this game folder as well. 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

If not, and should you have any mods/CCs, I'd suggest taking them out before running the game. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 17:45

Yeah I installed all the way to toddlers WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was also thinking that maybe if installed the other add one EAxis came out with? I’ll try and apply that, I didn’t have any content installed when launching the game. Heck, even when creating the family they never saved to the gallery. So I ran the game again to test something and just made a random sim and bob saved to the gallery weird huh?

When I get this up and running would I be able to install all the other EP and SP? I kinda noticed those last night and I must have “eye twitches” lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 18:29

TCA wrote:Yeah I installed all the way to toddlers WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was also thinking that maybe if installed the other add one EAxis came out with? I’ll try and apply that, I didn’t have any content installed when launching the game. Heck, even when creating the family they never saved to the gallery. So I ran the game again to test something and just made a random sim and bob saved to the gallery weird huh?

When I get this up and running would I be able to install all the other EP and SP? I kinda noticed those last night and I must have “eye twitches” lol
The newest pack? You mean the Cats & Dogs? If so, the the EP is not out yet though. I'm sorry but I'm abit confused by your last statement. Lol. Are you saying that currently you only have the base game? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 18:35

Ageha wrote:
TCA wrote:Yeah I installed all the way to toddlers WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was also thinking that maybe if installed the other add one EAxis came out with? I’ll try and apply that, I didn’t have any content installed when launching the game. Heck, even when creating the family they never saved to the gallery. So I ran the game again to test something and just made a random sim and bob saved to the gallery weird huh?

The newest pack? You mean the Cats & Dogs? If so, the the EP is not out yet though. I'm sorry but I'm abit confused by your last statement. Lol. Are you saying that currently you only have the base game? 
Well no no I know Pets isn't out but I was seeing other packs on the download page that I didn't have for it.  I have worlds now. Idk why it was doing what it was doing before even though I deleted the original "Game" folder before adding the rest of the games. So the last one after Toddler Vamps etc I renamed that folder and added from your previous post. even though at the time before everything went stupid several times.

What did DL and have from here is
Sims 4
City Living
Fitness
Get to Work
Get Together
Parenthood
Toddlers Stuff
and the bowling vamps/update 1.29.69.1020

I seen others from here and was like there's MORE?! haha unless from what I have right now is all of them then I'm good to go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 18:41

Ah, I see. Haha. Well it looks you actually have all the DLCs installed. So there's no need to worry about that. The main thing is the order of installation though. If you follow the guide that The_gh0stm4n posted, then your game should start up with no errors. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 18:43

Ageha wrote:Ah, I see. Haha. Well it looks you actually have all the DLCs installed. So there's no need to worry about that. The main thing is the order of installation though. If you follow the guide that The_gh0stm4n posted, then your game should start up with no errors. 
Yeah i got no errors or anything before just the worlds problem. Now I have a new problem....showing EP's and SP's as not owned? No shit, Sherlock. don't you just love trial and error?

https://imgur.com/phT69Da

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 19:30

TCA wrote:Yeah i got no errors or anything before just the worlds problem. Now I have a new problem....showing EP's and SP's as not owned? No shit, Sherlock. don't you just love trial and error?

https://imgur.com/phT69Da
Did you by chance install the Ultimate fix? If you did/did not, you can go to your Toddler's Stuff download  -> Game -> Bin and copy the the RldOrigin.ini and place it to your Sims 4 folder. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 19:54

TJust pulled it out and replaced it. Had to open it to change the language off of Spanish. Loading the game back up now to see.

Yup that worked they show up now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Oct 2017, 18:25

TCA wrote:Yup that worked they show up now Smile

And...is the game as limited as you suspected it to be??  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top