Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio? Empty Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Nov 2017, 01:32

I keep getting an error message that says 'operating system not found' when I try to boot from a cd I burned with the windows 7 OS from here. I am trying to downgrade from windows 8. If any more info is needed for help to be given, please let me know.

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio? Empty Re: Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Nov 2017, 20:11

Wubcake wrote:I keep getting an error message that says 'operating system not found' when I try to boot from a cd I burned with the windows 7 OS from here. I am trying to downgrade from windows 8. If any more info is needed for help to be given, please let me know.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Wubcake,

I moved your post to the correct section. Usually when you choose the "boot (media) order" in the BIOS, you have to save the changes in the boot order, when you select the DVD-drive as the primary boot device. Are you 100% sure the DVD-drive is being 'selected' by the system?

A related thought, is your hard-drive (correctly) listed under the boot devices, in the BIOS? Are you able to boot normally into your Windows 8 system/installation?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Nov 2017, 01:06

My computer asks me if I want to boot from the cd-drive, but than I get that error message everytime. And yes, I am able to boot windows 8 normally and the hard drive is listed normally.

//EDIT

Ok, so I have solved a big chunk of my problem by using DBAN to wipe the computer. Now my only problem is that no matter what I do it asks 'Select a driver to be installed' but no matter what folder I select, it says 'No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and than click ok.' I keep looking for 'Activator.exe' as in the instructions on step 9 in the pdf file, but it doesn't seem to be there. What do I do?

It worked when I selected home premium instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top