Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by CourtneyJadez on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:20

Hey everyone Laughing  Happy Saturday!!

So i downloaded the Sims 4 cats and dogs earlier today and once installed as i have with every other download, CAS isnt working.
I mean it loads perfectly fine however my sim is extremely zoomed in and i can only see their feet, plus there isnt an option for to create any pets however the pet symbol upon the loading screen is there.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues...

Thanks for uploading it so quick though guys!!!!!

CourtneyJadez
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 3
Points : 323
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:56

@CourtneyJadez wrote:Hey everyone Laughing  Happy Saturday!!

So i downloaded the Sims 4 cats and dogs earlier today and once installed as i have with every other download, CAS isnt working.
I mean it loads perfectly fine however my sim is extremely zoomed in and i can only see their feet, plus there isnt an option for to create any pets however the pet symbol upon the loading screen is there.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues...

Thanks for uploading it so quick though guys!!!!!


Hello and welcome to the Forum @CourtneyJadez,

Can you try going under Documents\Electronic Arts, and there change the folder name of "The Sims 4", to anything else? Then start up the game again; you will need to create a new savefile for the moment. Are you encountering the same issues there too?

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16481
Points : 22100
Reputation : 2394
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Foxyboots on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:02

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@CourtneyJadez wrote:Hey everyone Laughing  Happy Saturday!!

So i downloaded the Sims 4 cats and dogs earlier today and once installed as i have with every other download, CAS isnt working.
I mean it loads perfectly fine however my sim is extremely zoomed in and i can only see their feet, plus there isnt an option for to create any pets however the pet symbol upon the loading screen is there.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues...

Thanks for uploading it so quick though guys!!!!!


Hello and welcome to the Forum @CourtneyJadez,

Can you try going under Documents\Electronic Arts, and there change the folder name of "The Sims 4", to anything else? Then start up the game again; you will need to create a new savefile for the moment. Are you encountering the same issues there too?
Hello, I am facing the same problem and renaming the folder doesn't seem to do anything Sad

Foxyboots
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Overwatch, Fallout 4, TESV, Sims 4

Female

Posts : 12
Points : 605
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 16:10

My game worked perfectly by doing all this...

1. Make sure you have the Toddler Stuff, Get to work, Get Together,City Living, Vampire, Bowling Stuff, Parenthood and Fitness Stuff. 

2. You need to locate your game folder but for most of you it will in ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4''

3. Delete or Remove the ''Game'' Folder. Then you need to copy all the folders from the Sims Cats and Dogs folder to your Sims 4 folder and as I mentionned before for many of you it will be Inside of ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'' 

4. If you want a shortcut, ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims/Game/Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe if you can run the 64 bit which is the better one for the system. I can't tell if the TS4.exe will work because I did not try.

That's what I did all this and my game works perfectly great.
Btw, all I wrote is what I did, not exactly what it's in the installation guide.

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Female

Posts : 121
Points : 628
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by RandomRandy on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 18:22

Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RandomRandy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 8
Points : 326
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 18:24

@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Female

Posts : 121
Points : 628
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by RandomRandy on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 18:42

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#


Thanks for the response!

But ugh, it's already a bit of a struggle. Once i disabled my adblocker and clicked "skip ad" on the adfly page it now wants me to login with my microsoft account (which i don't even have). Is this normal? If so, are there download links that are a bit less...complicated? I is confused

Thanks again.

RandomRandy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 8
Points : 326
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 18:54

@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#


Thanks for the response!

But ugh, it's already a bit of a struggle. Once i disabled my adblocker and clicked "skip ad" on the adfly page it now wants me to login with my microsoft account (which i don't even have). Is this normal? If so, are there download links that are a bit less...complicated? I is confused

Thanks again.
Normally, the Utorrent would show up and ask you to save it directly somewhere in your computer or bring you into another website where you can download it. Are you sure you clicked on the right link ?

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Female

Posts : 121
Points : 628
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by RandomRandy on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 19:29

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#


Thanks for the response!

But ugh, it's already a bit of a struggle. Once i disabled my adblocker and clicked "skip ad" on the adfly page it now wants me to login with my microsoft account (which i don't even have). Is this normal? If so, are there download links that are a bit less...complicated? I is confused

Thanks again.
Normally, the Utorrent would show up and ask you to save it directly somewhere in your computer or bring you into another website where you can download it. Are you sure you clicked on the right link ?

Yes i tried it about 10 times. I click the "Torrent" link, it leads to the ad.fly page where i wait 5 seconds and then click on "skip ad" in the top right corner. It then opens up a Microsoft login page WhatDidUJustCallMe?

RandomRandy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 8
Points : 326
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 19:51

@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#


Thanks for the response!

But ugh, it's already a bit of a struggle. Once i disabled my adblocker and clicked "skip ad" on the adfly page it now wants me to login with my microsoft account (which i don't even have). Is this normal? If so, are there download links that are a bit less...complicated? I is confused

Thanks again.
Normally, the Utorrent would show up and ask you to save it directly somewhere in your computer or bring you into another website where you can download it. Are you sure you clicked on the right link ?

Yes i tried it about 10 times. I click the "Torrent" link, it leads to the ad.fly page where i wait 5 seconds and then click on "skip ad" in the top right corner. It then opens up a Microsoft login page WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Maybe you should change browser or restart your computer because it's not normal...

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Female

Posts : 121
Points : 628
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by RandomRandy on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 21:04

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@RandomRandy wrote:Hi!

Sorry I'm new and i did not want to open up an extra topic right away but: Where did you guys find the cats & dogs update? I can not find it anywhere on the games4theworld website. It shows me all the other sims 4 stuff but no cats & dogs WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's on the website but here's the link:


https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32114-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-gameversion-1-36-102-1020-out-now#


Thanks for the response!

But ugh, it's already a bit of a struggle. Once i disabled my adblocker and clicked "skip ad" on the adfly page it now wants me to login with my microsoft account (which i don't even have). Is this normal? If so, are there download links that are a bit less...complicated? I is confused

Thanks again.
Normally, the Utorrent would show up and ask you to save it directly somewhere in your computer or bring you into another website where you can download it. Are you sure you clicked on the right link ?

Yes i tried it about 10 times. I click the "Torrent" link, it leads to the ad.fly page where i wait 5 seconds and then click on "skip ad" in the top right corner. It then opens up a Microsoft login page WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Maybe you should change browser or restart your computer because it's not normal...
Restarted my computer and tried a different browser. Also tried with and without a VPN - still the same result. Also ad.fly seemingly has downloaded a harmful file in one of the attempts that was blocked by my antivirus (it wasn't the sims torrent file though). Very frustrating Why.

!EDIT!: Seems like the download link has been fixed and is now working for me Smile


Last edited by RandomRandy on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:17; edited 1 time in total

RandomRandy
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 8
Points : 326
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by MadameMeow on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:06

@Elena Jackson wrote:My game worked perfectly by doing all this...

1. Make sure you have the Toddler Stuff, Get to work, Get Together,City Living, Vampire, Bowling Stuff, Parenthood and Fitness Stuff. 

2. You need to locate your game folder but for most of you it will in ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4''

3. Delete or Remove the ''Game'' Folder. Then you need to copy all the folders from the Sims Cats and Dogs folder to your Sims 4 folder and as I mentionned before for many of you it will be Inside of ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'' 

4. If you want a shortcut, ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims/Game/Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe if you can run the 64 bit which is the better one for the system. I can't tell if the TS4.exe will work because I did not try.

That's what I did all this and my game works perfectly great.
Btw, all I wrote is what I did, not exactly what it's in the installation guide.
Thank you so much! Deleting the entire game folder and recopying it from Cats and Dogs is what solved all my problems  Dedicated to Carlos

MadameMeow
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4. Witchers. Elder Scrolls. Fallout 2

Posts : 4
Points : 322
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by Elena Jackson on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 23:46

@MadameMeow wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:My game worked perfectly by doing all this...

1. Make sure you have the Toddler Stuff, Get to work, Get Together,City Living, Vampire, Bowling Stuff, Parenthood and Fitness Stuff. 

2. You need to locate your game folder but for most of you it will in ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4''

3. Delete or Remove the ''Game'' Folder. Then you need to copy all the folders from the Sims Cats and Dogs folder to your Sims 4 folder and as I mentionned before for many of you it will be Inside of ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4'' 

4. If you want a shortcut, ''C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims/Game/Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe if you can run the 64 bit which is the better one for the system. I can't tell if the TS4.exe will work because I did not try.

That's what I did all this and my game works perfectly great.
Btw, all I wrote is what I did, not exactly what it's in the installation guide.
Thank you so much! Deleting the entire game folder and recopying it from Cats and Dogs is what solved all my problems  Dedicated to Carlos
Smile No problem lol I thought nobody really followed or read what I wrote. I'm glad I helped someone Smile

Elena Jackson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : Sims

Female

Posts : 121
Points : 628
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by CourtneyJadez on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 10:46

Thats for all the replys i actually managed to fix my game shortly after posting this. I just had to transfer the files again. I must have missed something the first time. Now its just a little slow but works fine!!

CourtneyJadez
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 3
Points : 323
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum