Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 starts with 32 bit.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 starts with 32 bit. Empty Sims 4 starts with 32 bit.

Post by Guest Thu 23 Nov 2017, 21:33

Hello, I have a problem

Today I downloaded Cats and Dogs, but Sims 4 started with 32 bit. Of course, I want to play it with 64 bit, but I don't know how to change it  Why God. I never had a problem, until Cats and Dogs
 I have a 64 bit system and 8 RAM 
Also when I played the game, my game crashed after 20 minutes, I think because it started 32 bit, so yeah, I need to change it somehow.
It was the first time that Sims 4 crashed, do you think that my problem will be solved, if it starts with 64 bit ? My laptop is not that bad.

Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM
8 GB DDR4 Memory
1000 GB HHD

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 starts with 32 bit. Empty Re: Sims 4 starts with 32 bit.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Nov 2017, 20:04

PeachyEstela wrote:Hello, I have a problem

Today I downloaded Cats and Dogs, but Sims 4 started with 32 bit. Of course, I want to play it with 64 bit, but I don't know how to change it  Why God. I never had a problem, until Cats and Dogs
Also when I played the game, my game crashed after 20 minutes, I think because it started 32 bit, so yeah, I need to change it somehow.
It was the first time that Sims 4 crashed, do you think that my problem will be solved, if it starts with 64 bit ? My laptop is not that bad.

8 GB DDR4 Memory
1000 GB HHD

Hello and welcome to the Forum @PeachyEstela (and sorry for the slightly belated reply),

I suppose you created a desktop shortcut for the game, and that already a while ago. The 64-bit capability of the game was only introduced..very recently. And I guess your desktop shortcut still points to the TS4.exe (the 32-bit .exe).

You need to go under C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe file for running the 64-bit version of The Sims 4. If you create a desktop shortcut for that file, you can or should name it "The Sims 4 64-bit" or something like that.

Good luck!

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 20:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
PeachyEstela wrote:Hello, I have a problem

8 GB DDR4 Memory
1000 GB HHD

Hello and welcome to the Forum @PeachyEstela (and sorry for the slightly belated reply),

I suppose you created a desktop shortcut for the game, and that already a while ago. The 64-bit capability of the game was only introduced..very recently. And I guess your desktop shortcut still points to the TS4.exe (the 32-bit .exe).

You need to go under C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and use the TS4_x64.exe file for running the 64-bit version of The Sims 4. If you create a desktop shortcut for that file, you can or should name it "The Sims 4 64-bit" or something like that.

Good luck!

Cookie from Carlos
Thank you  Carlos is tha man!!!
I can play now Sims 4 in 64 bit  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top