Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household Empty Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 21:19

I've been trying to install Sims 4 with all expansions for about a week now, and I'm running into the same issue on my computer as well as my husband's computer.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Installing games4theworld Sims 4 edition, then applying the Cats & Dogs game on top
  2. Installing games4theworld Sims 4 edition, downloading each individual games4theworld expansion pack, and installing them one by one
  3. Installed on the C drive
  4. Installed on the E drive and changing registry to point to it
  5. Installing in Program Files
  6. Installing in Program Files (x86)
  7. Disabling Anti virus
  8. Running as Administrator
  9. Not running as Administrator
  10. Removing my User/Documents/Electronic Arts folder
  11. Downloading just the "Games" folder from games4theworld and applying it

I've tried all of the above, and I'm still getting the same issue. I thought at first that it wasn't working on my computer because I was installing it to my C drive then moving it to my E drive (with instructions from here), so I tried it on my husband's C drive and had the same issue T-T

Here's the problem I'm having step by step:

First, I'm able to open and run the game just fine. I'm able to create a sim (or a pet) and assign traits, etc.
Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household VQyUqwI

Next when I click the checkbox, it takes me to world selection. I USED to have an issue where the worlds page was blank, however I fixed this by removing my Users/Documents/Electronic Arts folder and running as Administrator. So after I click the world I want to live in, it takes me to this screen.
Notice that my created sim is gone, when usually it would be in the bottom right and have some "funds" at the top of the screen.
However I can get around the household disappearing by using the gallery button (top right)
Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household Au2ToIi

So I find the household I just created in my gallery, then try to move them in.
Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household QoLxmHY

When I try to place this household, the portrait is of a llama, and looks a little weird..
Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household HTgmWZV

After selecting a lot, it looks like it's going to work! It has funds and a portrait and looks OK. However this is the farthest I can go, because after I try to click the checkmark button, the program closes with a windows error saying "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."
Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household U5PTRvD

Any way to fix this? I've been crawling the forums applying every fix I see, and nothing has worked Sad

Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household VQyUqwI

Back to top Go down

Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household Empty Re: Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 02:34

i have the same problem did you find a way to fix it please

Back to top Go down

Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household Empty Re: Can't Play Household - "Sims 4 has stopped working" as soon as I try to place a household

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 05:23

Dang Sad kk I'll let you know if I can get it fixed. So far nothing worked D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 05:58

Same thing happens to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 12:59

Go to the must read guide for the Sims 4, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#
Download the 1.36.104.1020 update as mentioned in step 15
Delete your existing folder Game from your installation folder The Sims 4 in Program Files
Now copy/paste the files and folders from the extracted update to your installation folder.
Start game as an Administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 21:53

Dandelion wrote:Go to the must read guide for the Sims 4, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#
Delete your existing folder Game from your installation folder The Sims 4 in Program Files
Now copy/paste the files and folders from the extracted update to your installation folder.
I've done everything mentioned above including your directions and 30 minutes into playing it still "stopped working" How do I uninstall and reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 15:49

MommaB14 wrote:
Dandelion wrote:Go to the must read guide for the Sims 4, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#
I've done everything mentioned above including your directions and 30 minutes into playing it still "stopped working" How do I uninstall and reinstall everything?
When it works for 30 minutes, uninstalling en re-installing won't help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Dec 2017, 18:51

This problem is happening to me too. Did every single thing I could think of.

Could it be CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Dec 2017, 19:02

Download the newest update and on the same thread there is a new game folder download. Download those, delete your game folder. Rename the new game folder Game_ and then run the game.

I had the same issue, except I couldn't play at all past CAS. This fixed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Dec 2017, 19:20

I downloaded the game folder.
What do I do with the game folder that comes with the update download?
Do I delete that one and use the game folder download one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Dec 2017, 19:25

AH! IT WORKED! I'M SO HAPPY. THANK YOU @Sinner!
Please post this in the Fix forum for others!
You are awesome!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jan 2018, 17:33

Thanks @Sinner and @MissKay for starting the topic. I was also having the same problem, and just found your forum. I did try what @Sinner suggested, and it seems to have relieved the issue. What I did was download the update in his link. (I already had it, actually, from following the downloads page instructions. I deleted the Game folder from The Sims 4 install directory. Then, I renamed the Game folder from the update file to Game_ and copied it over to the install directory. Tried playing the game, and it worked. So, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top