Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible Empty Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 16:59

NEW PS3XPLOIT for PS3 Firmware 4.82!
No need to take apart your console and mess around inside, no need to downgrade your firmware, all done now with USB stick.

heres a few links to get you started...

Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW: NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500

Ps3Xploit - An Expert's Guide from OFW to CFW (by aldostools) + A Simple Rebug CFW Install

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-an-experts-guide-from-ofw-to-cfw-by-aldostools-a-simple-rebug-cfw-install.15610/page-2#post-93190

I've tried this twice with 2 custom firmwares "overflow CFW 4.82 version 4 with cobra" and "rebug CFW 4.81.2" and can verify it works.

That being said...
I personally am going back to using official firmware myself. ive spent 3 days researching stuff and im burned out and just as lost as i was on day 1 with what do do with it all once its installed. i dont use my PS3 much anyway, im a PC gamer and prefer simplicity.

but i just thought i'd pass the info on for those who are truly wanting to pursue it.

now is the time since 4.82 is the current version of the latest PS3 update, so i know nobody has updated to a higher version yet.

my suggestion for a custom firmware if your a total noob like me is overflow 4.82 it has some good stuff built in that you can install without having to go crazy reading stuff online only to eventually find that you'd likely want the stuff that would have been already included had you gone with overflow.

REBUG is good and highly preferred by more experienced users, but really doesnt include anything. i started with overflow, then switched to rebug out of curiosity though i was already pretty decided that ps3 modding wasnt for me and was going back to official firmware. now im probably gonna spend the next week reformatting, updating and restoring my system repetitively, in hopes that when i finally go back on psn my system doesnt get banned.

Happy Hacking!

Back to top Go down

Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible Empty Re: Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible

Post by Guest Mon 12 Feb 2018, 22:30

do this work on Super slim PS3 ?
I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible Empty Re: Ps3 Firmware 4.82 Jailbreak by USB only - now possible

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018, 02:57

Michael_vx wrote:do this work on Super slim PS3 ?
I tip my fedora.

sorry, you'll have to read the posts at the links i posted, it will tell you how to check to see if your system is compatable.

i'm not big on the ps3 jailbreak scene, never followed it much myself, i was dying for years to find a way to do it, and as of the time of the main post
i can say that i tried it with my system multiple times using various jailbreaks and they did work for me, using just a usb stick. I just couldn't find enough reason for me personally
to wanna keep it and jeopardize my psn account. i found it all to confusing and i just wasnt interested in putting in the effort to learn how to figure it all out.

i've jailbroken iphones and ipod touches before, and it was very easy and with little effort on my part as to know what to do once i had it done.
ps3 was a totally different ballgame, too hard to understand, so for me, it wasnt worth it.

i just made the original post to say that this was out, and i can verify that it works on compatable systems.

but as i already said, before trying this you need to follow the steps carefully after checking the posts and your system for compatability.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018, 22:07

i think the guide say not superslim Sad
i read it fully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:29

Michael_vx wrote:do this work on Super slim PS3 ?
I tip my fedora.

I looked at this while brooding over EA... lol  I think it only works on old slims. need to have originally had no newer than 3.55 firmware, or I think was what I saw. There is a test thing you load that tells you how far your firmware can "roll back to" it's posted everywhere PS3 hacking with USB, or ext HD Fat32 formatted is mentioned. I think the was like the 3000-4000 newest models wasn't able at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top