Infinite Loading Screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Loading Screen

Post by VintageFan007 on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 18:17

Hi Smile I installed the game and followed all the instructions it's just that when I made a household and move them in for the first time, the loading screen just goes on and on and on. What can I do to fix this?
VintageFan007
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : the Sims series, Super Mario games

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite Loading Screen

Post by fox456 on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 17:08

I have the same problem -- an "infinite loading screen."

Here's what I have done so far.

1. I have downloaded and installed the base game, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living and the Toddler/Vampires/Bowling update in order as recommended by this forum.  Note that I didn't get an extra "Game-" folder as was stated in the installation instructions.

2. I have a 64-bit system.  I have tried using both TS4.exe with The Sims 4 game in the "Program Files (x86)" folder as well as TS4_x64.exe with The Sims 4 game in the "Program Files" folder.

3. I had played The Sims 4 with mods in the past.  However, I made this a totally fresh installation.  I did not use my saved games or "Tray" folder contents from past games.

Note that I have 8gb of RAM.

Could someone please help me?  I see that there are several people having a similar problem.  However, I assume there are MANY others who aren't having any troubles....

fox456
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Civilization & Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum