Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues Launching Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues Launching Sims 4 Empty Issues Launching Sims 4

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 01:02

Hi!

I have the sims 4 downloaded, as well as other expansion packs. I decided that I wanted to add on Parenthood, Toddlers Stuff & Cats and Dogs. I went to install one and then messed up the entire Sims 4.. now when it launches it says 

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

How can I fix everything and install the new expansion packs??

Back to top Go down

Issues Launching Sims 4 Empty Re: Issues Launching Sims 4

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 11:15

Remove all previous installations with a program like Revo Uninstaller (free).
The install everything again in the correct order.

1. Base Game
2. When base game is installed MOVE, not COPY the folder The Sims 4 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to f.e. just Program Files (x86)
3. Install Get to Work -> Get Together -> City Living -> Toddlers/Vampires ->Parenthood without playing in between
4. Delete the folder Game from your install folder
5. Install Fitness -> Toddler acc. -> Cats & Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Feb 2018, 22:53

Hi but don't u have to remove and replace most of the game folder when installing some of the expansion packs not only the one after u installed toddlers/vampire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 10:45

tinacj26 wrote:Hi but don't u have to remove and replace most of the game folder when installing some of the expansion packs not only the one after u installed toddlers/vampire
As stated at #4 you'll have to remove the existing Game folder after the installation of Parenthood and then install Fitness > Toddlers Stuff > Cats & Dogs > Laundry Day.

Reason why I suggest to follow that specific order is:
Toddlers/Vampires requires another Game folder but Parenthood only contains a part of that folder.
Fitness contains a full and complete new Game folder.
Installing that way saves you the hassle of downloading a fix for Toddlers/Vampires.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top