Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available Empty The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available

Post by Guest Thu 28 Dec 2017, 18:31

Hi! 
I just downloaded all the packs (and base) and installed them all.
And when I start the game it opens but when I want to press the big 'play' button it crashes and it sais 'the sims has stopped working. The is a problem which causes the game to not work. You will get notified when there is a solution'
What mistake did I make?

The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available The_si10

thank you so much for helping all the NoOb persons like me!  All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available Empty Re: The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Dec 2017, 22:51

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Duinkonijin,

Sorry for the belated reply, but the Forum is not very active at the moment, since we are planning to re-organize a few things. Have you tried the possible solutions here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

Also, which DLC did you install on top of your Sims 4 basegame? All of them? Like mentioned here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck!

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available Empty Re: The sims stopped working, will get a notice when a solution is available

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:10

Yes I looked trough the list, and can't figureout if one of those problems is the one I've got. They don't look familiar to me :s

What I've noticed is that when i get to the first screen where you can see which extensionpacks you've got, that cat's and dog's isnt there. I think along with some other once too! So I think the problem has something to do with that.

And yes I installed all the packs and read all the 'must read' before doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 15:49

Re-apply the Cats & Dogs download.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:06

Duinkonijn wrote:Yes I looked trough the list, and can't figureout if one of those problems is the one I've got. They don't look familiar to me :s

What I've noticed is that when i get to the first screen where you can see which extensionpacks you've got, that cat's and dog's isnt there. I think along with some other once too! So I think the problem has something to do with that.

You should also avoid "moving around" the installation folder too often. Just move it ONCE, when you move it under Program files or Program files (x86), and leave the install folder there.

Either way, I have some time left, on the chatbox.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:15

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Duinkonijn wrote:Yes I looked trough the list, and can't figureout if one of those problems is the one I've got. They don't look familiar to me :s

You should also avoid "moving around" the installation folder too often. Just move it ONCE, when you move it under Program files or Program files (x86), and leave the install folder there.

Either way, I have some time left, on the chatbox.
In the must-read guide I'm missing after step 07 a downloadlink to the new Game folder.
Step 08 won't fix the problem as the Game-folder is incomplete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:24

So for the next person with the same problem, this should be the fix!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:31

Dandelion wrote:In the must-read guide I'm missing after step 07 a downloadlink to the new Game folder.
Step 08 won't fix the problem as the Game-folder is incomplete.

Like I said many times before, the guide is meant to be used in its entirety, and it would just overcomplicate things if we added separate Game-folders for everything under the Must-Read guide. If the guide is followed through the end, you will have a complete "Game"-folder of the latest version (currently Cats & Dogs).

Older "Game"-folders can be found here under III though.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-game-folders-version-1-36-104-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top