Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes Empty Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jan 2018, 17:09

Hi! 
I've fully installed everything according to the instructions twice, but when I try to create a pet the game crashes. I also can't place any Cats & Dogs furniture as the cursor comes up with a red cross in a white box when I try.

I'm playing on a 64bit system running as admin. I've also changed it so the game is installed on an external hard drive and I've edited the registry accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes Empty Re: Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jan 2018, 16:30

eggyjen wrote:Hi! 
I've fully installed everything according to the instructions twice, but when I try to create a pet the game crashes. I also can't place any Cats & Dogs furniture as the cursor comes up with a red cross in a white box when I try.

I'm playing on a 64bit system running as admin. I've also changed it so the game is installed on an external hard drive and I've edited the registry accordingly.

Welcome to the Forum @eggyjen and sorry for the belated reply,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar downloads? Also, are you positive that hardware-wise your computer is able to run the latest updates? The requirements as of the latest Cats & Dogs DLC have been raised. See this here:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/cats-and-dogs-faq#q5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes Empty Re: Cats & Dogs expansion not working and causing crashes

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 16:01

the same thing is happening on my end. and it's really infuriating! tried the link, for the fix and it didn't work either
and my pc is well up to date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 16:50

psydeffex wrote:the same thing is happening on my end. and it's really infuriating! tried the link, for the fix and it didn't work either
and my pc is well up to date.
It's not a matter of your PC being up to date, it's a matter of can your PC cope with the higher demands for Cats & Dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top