Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone issues Empty Phone issues

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jan 2018, 16:49

Hi, I have just downloaded and installed Sims 4 all the way up to cats and dogs and the newest update as well as a game folder.  I installed it on one lap top and it works fine.  On the other laptop I installed it too the phone won't let me call or text anyone or go on vacation or travel at all or hire services.  I tried the fix of deleting the file in the Sims 4 folder in documents.  It worked for the one instance of plating but the next time I played that file was back.  I deleted it again but it didn't fix the problem this time.  I have both laptops running the 64 bit version.  Both laptops are brand new.  I have also uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it and that is not helping either.  Any fixes or suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

**edit**  I have the file saved in c/program files/The Sims 4.  I have tried to play it in 32 as well as 64.  Also there are no installed mods.

Back to top Go down

Phone issues Empty Re: Phone issues

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jan 2018, 16:27

Beankeeper wrote:Hi, I have just downloaded and installed Sims 4 all the way up to cats and dogs and the newest update as well as a game folder.  I installed it on one lap top and it works fine.  On the other laptop I installed it too the phone won't let me call or text anyone or go on vacation or travel at all or hire services.  I tried the fix of deleting the file in the Sims 4 folder in documents.  It worked for the one instance of plating but the next time I played that file was back.  I deleted it again but it didn't fix the problem this time.  I have both laptops running the 64 bit version.  Both laptops are brand new.  I have also uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it and that is not helping either.  Any fixes or suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

**edit**  I have the file saved in c/program files/The Sims 4.  I have tried to play it in 32 as well as 64.  Also there are no installed mods.

Hello @Beankeeper and sorry for the belated reply,

You could have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

The fact that this feature doesn't work, could be related to some file permission error (thanks to the way Windows works). Not sure how practical it is going to be in your case if you start re-applying the DLC, but yes.

Note that in the future, you can simply copy the entire "The Sims 4" folder from one computer, onto for example a USB-flash or external hard-drive with enough free space. Then you hook this thing up on another computer, and transfer (copy) that entire The Sims 4 folder, onto the new computer. No need to go over the entire installation process again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 09:25

Thank you for your suggestion.  It did however not work.  Should I just copy the working game from my other laptop onto the one that is being stubborn?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top