Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds Empty World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jan 2018, 18:51

Its been a long time since I last requested for help since you guys give detailed pointers. And now I come again to ask guidance. As the topic implies and i don't know unto what extent are the missing descriptions since i only noticed it on world selection and also it seems the hot air balloon seems to have run out of gas somewhere since i don't see it in any worlds like sunset valley and even aurora skies where it came from. These has been bothering me for some time now and I thought "meh, as long as i can play it's nothing". But now it feels like I am empty seeing Worlds with no descriptions. The worlds that have missing descriptions are the worlds that came from the sims 3 store that i downloaded from your website, and it seems customs worlds like setra have their descriptions intact.

And oh about my game i did not download it separately I downloaded the complete collection through a magnet link given to me by Sim Architect and i don't know if he is still around. My sims 3 is on its latest patch followed the instructions carefully.

Hope You Can Help  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds Empty Re: World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Jan 2018, 14:20

Hello,

Do you have any extra content like mods or CC? If you do, please disable them (by simply removing the "Mods" folder from Documents/Electronic Arts) and try your game.
If your game is not in English, please try this first.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds Empty Re: World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 16:58

☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:Hello,

Do you have any extra content like mods or CC? If you do, please disable them (by simply removing the "Mods" folder from Documents/Electronic Arts) and try your game.
If your game is not in English, please try this first.

I disabled the cc and mods and still missing texts and also i followed the steps of the provided link and it confused me cause the instruction said to change the local to "EN-us" and my locale is "en-US" do i need to change it still? (*see image for reference and note all of the folders inside the sims have all the same "en-US" locale)

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds Sims11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jan 2018, 19:52

Bragondall wrote:
I disabled the cc and mods and still missing texts and also i followed the steps of the provided link and it confused me cause the instruction said to change the local to "EN-us" and my locale is "en-US" do i need to change it still? (*see image for reference and note all of the folders inside the sims have all the same "en-US" locale)

World Descriptions Missing and No Hot Air Balloon on any worlds Sims11

Did you do anything "out of the ordinary", shortly before the error with the missing text happened? Also, try re-applying the 1.67 manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, as described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

See if it fixes the issues with the missing text.

Also, are the balloons supposed to show up "by default" in the worlds? I always thought you'd have to purchase them from Buy Mode (under Misc. Entertainment).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 23:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Did you do anything "out of the ordinary", shortly before the error with the missing text happened? Also, try re-applying the 1.67 manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, as described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

See if it fixes the issues with the missing text.

Also, are the balloons supposed to show up "by default" in the worlds? I always thought you'd have to purchase them from Buy Mode (under Misc. Entertainment).
I'm gonna try re-applying the patch and see what happens. Also, no i did not do anything "out of the ordinary" except for downloading Mods (*i noticed the missing texts before I installed any mods or ccs). And by the way i have to make a correction regarding the source of the sims 3 complete collection, it seems i made a mistake in blaming it on Sim Architect's magnet link, I got the complete collection from your download site, and he gave me the full store collection magnet link.

I need to clarify something did the complete collection came with a manual patch inside the # Crack Folder?

About the Hot Air balloons(not the party balloons), Last time I played on my old laptop it was already a default on the Aurora Skies and I noticed the Hot Air Balloon Flying in the Sunset Valley skies after downloading and Installing the Aurora Skies Deluxe/Gold Edition.

And Oh I just realized maybe it's some kind of incompatibility bug because I got the Complete Collection from your download site and I got the Full Store from Sim Architect, I might take a look into that department Oh my... Oh my... DedicatedToLorilihim DedicatedToLorilihim . And lastly, does your complete store come with the neighborhoods (Normal and Deluxe/Gold Edition?)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jan 2018, 17:39

There was an issue with Sim Architect's torrent, regarding the neighborhoods (everything else on the torrent seemed fine though). If I remember correctly, the neighborhoods were "ripped" from the original .sims3packs, and then provided in .world format; the intention of the procedure was to bypass the launcher for the installation of the worlds.

Games4theworld's store torrent has 5 big .package files for the the regular store content, but the neighborhoods (all of them are gold/deluxe versions) are in .sims3pack format for safety reasons.

It is possible from what I hear to provide the neighborhoods in .world format, but I couldn't recall the exact procedure at the moment; feel free to google though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jan 2018, 20:14

Okay thank you very much, i just fixed the problem and it seems that Sim Architect's Neighborhoods are causing the problem and removed them and for some precautions backed up the mods and CCs and re-applied the patch and ultimate fix and downloaded the Complete store from the download site and got the missing texts back...THANK YOU
All Hail Carlos!.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jan 2018, 21:36

Bragondall wrote:Okay thank you very much, i just fixed the problem and it seems that Sim Architect's Neighborhoods are causing the problem and removed them and for some precautions backed up the mods and CCs and re-applied the patch and ultimate fix and downloaded the Complete store from the download site and got the missing texts back...THANK YOU

All Hail Carlos!.

Welcome.

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top