Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play Empty Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jan 2018, 02:45

Hey guys so I downloaded the complete collection from the downloads page and followed the most up to date guide from this website about how to make it work on a mac. After a few goes I finally got the DMG install files working and I've installed the base game. However when I go to add World Adventures because it's the first dlc and it was recommended to do it in order, I got to almost the end of the installation and it told me that my version of the game was not compatible with the expansion. I tried to load up the base game and even tried installing the crack but I can't even open the game. Can anyone give me some assistance in both loading all of the expansion packs onto my game and actually making it work. 
The help is much appreciated guys
- MrDalek1999

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play Empty Re: Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jan 2018, 14:01

Hello MrDalek1999, and welcome to G4TW forum!

This is so because your game wasn't patched. If you downloaded the complete collection, then you must patch the game to 1.67 which is in # Crack folder, before you can install any EP/SP. After you install World Adventures or anything else, DO NOT follow the installation guide. Just copy the serial from installation guide and you're good to go. You don't need to crack again.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play Empty Re: Sims 3 on Mac - Can't add expansion packs or play

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jan 2018, 23:25

Thank you so much dude!
Do I need to start up the game after installing the update or do I just go straight into downloading expansions? Cause I've done exactly what was recommended above and it's still saying the version is different and when I open the application there is just a blank screen where the welcome should be and when I click the play button it just closes the application. Anyone know the fix for this?

Last edited by MrDalek1999 on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 07:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jan 2018, 08:21

Yes, go straight into downloading expansions. You can download as many as you want, but only one is required. After the installation go and crack the game in the base game folder and play/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jan 2018, 12:35

Literally no matter what I do, it is telling me that the game is out of date. I have added the patch and update as well as just the update and neither are actually working. 
Can someone guide me through exactly what I need to do step by step please because I have been trying to get this for nearly 5 days!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Jan 2018, 17:47

MrDalek1999 wrote:Literally no matter what I do, it is telling me that the game is out of date. I have added the patch and update as well as just the update and neither are actually working. 
Can someone guide me through exactly what I need to do step by step please because I have been trying to get this for nearly 5 days!

//MOVED

Hello @MrDalek1999,

I moved your post (to the right section). Please note that nowadays we cannot really give any Mac OS-related support anymore, because the current team does not have much knowledge about this, and the former Mac Helpers/Moderators have long left the Forum.

What we can offer you is the latest available "Mac guide" here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29480-new-the-sims-3-mac-guide-out-now

Other than that; I'm afraid I can't say more. I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 09:04

Hello,
Can you Please Help me too. 
I have all the expansions of Sims 3 downloaded from this site, I never had any problems. Thank you for that. Yess, aye lieeke! But it was on Windows. Just 2 days ago I purchased iMac, and now I am in big troubles. I already tried to install and uninstall the game 4 times, even had to restore MacOS to it's factory settings:(  Please Help me. 

I did so many mistakes, now I am trying to start for the last time but please correct me if I am wrong.
    1. I downloaded Base Game from the Origin, and updated to version 1.67 from the installer.
    2. Downloaded World Adventure and converted unzipped folder to DMG format.
    3. Install World Adventure to....(Applications/Sims 3 created by Installed game from Origin or to User/Applications....e.t.s?)
    4.Aply Ultimate Fix version 1.69..

And if it works I will download all the Expansions the same way, and Ultimate Fix again?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 09:07

Shoundia wrote:Hello,
Can you Please Help me too. 
I have all the expansions of Sims 3 downloaded from this site, I never had any problems. Thank you for that. Yess, aye lieeke!  But it was on Windows. Just 2 days ago I purchased iMac, and now I am in big troubles. I already tried to install and uninstall the game 4 times, even had to restore MacOS to it's factory settings:(  Please Help me. 

I did so many mistakes, now I am trying to start for the last time but please correct me if I am wrong.
    1. I downloaded Base Game from the Origin, and updated to version 1.67 from the installer.
    2. Downloaded World Adventure and converted unzipped folder to DMG format.
    3. Install World Adventure to....(Applications/Sims 3 created by Installed game from Origin or to User/Applications....e.t.s?)
    4.Aply Ultimate Fix version 1.69..

And if it works I will download all the Expansions the same way, and Ultimate Fix again?

Thanks
Hello,

there's no way we can help as G4TW version of TS3 is not compatible with Origin one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 09:20

Thank you for your reply. 
So, I will have to uninstall it from the Origin and download The Sims 3: The Complete Collection?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top