Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Sims 4 mess up my PC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will Sims 4 mess up my PC? Empty Will Sims 4 mess up my PC?

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jan 2018, 20:56

Hi, I'm willing to get sims 4 again, but I got a new laptop and would like to know if sims 4 will ruin it. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Will Sims 4 mess up my PC? Empty Re: Will Sims 4 mess up my PC?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jan 2018, 21:23

emilvscookies wrote:Hi, I'm willing to get sims 4 again, but I got a new laptop and would like to know if sims 4 will ruin it. Thank you.

Hello @emilvscookies,

You should be fine if you install up to Toddlers Stuff. But if you want to install the latest "Cats & Dogs" torrent, bear in mind that system requirements have been upped, see also the topic here:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/cats-and-dogs-faq#q5

Most laptops are designed for office applications and light multimedia; and even devices branded as gaming laptops (those are very expensive) are more suited for video rendering or advanced picture editing, rather than for real gaming. 

Feel free to post the hardware specs here though; after which we can give you more insight (hopefully).

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 21:44

Thank you for the information. I went over the system requirements and my laptop is very capable of running Sims 4, but the problem is that I do not have enough storage available to install Sims 4. I've tried cleaning my computer to free of some space, but the most space that I could free up is 8.68 GB. Is there any way to use a separate hardrive or install the expansions that I want instead of installing all of the expansions? I don't really want any stuff packs, just game packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jan 2018, 23:17

emilvscookies wrote:Thank you for the information. I went over the system requirements and my laptop is very capable of running Sims 4, but the problem is that I do not have enough storage available to install Sims 4. I've tried cleaning my computer to free of some space, but the most space that I could free up is 8.68 GB. Is there any way to use a separate hardrive or install the expansions that I want instead of installing all of the expansions? I don't really want any stuff packs, just game packs.

Hello again,

Games4theworld's base game of The Sims 4 - due to the way it was released - must be installed on the C: drive. Once it is installed there though, you can move it to an external hard-drive. Or use a big-enough USB flashdrive. At this point I can't really say much else about potential differences in game performance, but feel free to post back if you like.

Also note that due to the way those releases work technically you can't really "pick and choose" your stuff, unlike in earlier Sims games. There is however the possibility that AFTER installing everything, you can subtract unwanted DLC. For details, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top