Inverse Origin Error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inverse Origin Error?

Post by Simsbane on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 17:49

So I updated a day or two ago to 1.37. This morning I went to play & now I keep getting the following at launch:

RldOrigin: Run the game as an administrator if this is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin is not running. [OK]

I'm running as admin & Origin is not running. Clicking okay closes TS4.

I even did a complete wipe & re-install & removed the extraneous shaders files/folders that were left over in the 1.37 update.

//EDIT

This appears to be related to a RldOrigin.ini file. If I remove it I get the classic origin error, so that's something at least. Should I be blocking the rldorigin.dll in my anti-spyware or allowing it? They're currently allowed but they seem to want to use my internet connection?

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 19:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

Simsbane
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inverse Origin Error?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 19:30

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Simsbane,

You're not supposed to delete the RldOrigin.ini. And yes, you should add the entire The Sims 4 folder to the "exclusions" in your Windows Defender/antivirus software.

After doing so, please delete the subfolder "Game", from where you have TS4 installed. Download a fresh "Game"-folder from the announcement here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32463-the-sims-4-update-version-1-37-35-1010-out-now

And put it in the same place where you just deleted the old folder. Then try re-starting the game.

Good luck!

P.S. if you have Windows 10, you might also want to check out how to turn off Windows Defender, in case you feel you are having difficulties:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies & Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies & Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simsbane on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 19:45

Unfortunately I'm already following all the steps you've listed & I'm getting the first error I mentioned above. I'd even been playing with the current 1.37 for a few days with no problem. Then I go to launch this morning & error. It makes no sense as nothing had changed between my last few sessions & today. I've been going through the alternate fixes as well without result.

Edit: Okay, this seems to be related to the x64 version. Launching in 32-bit works. It pops up warnings of course because it's the full DLC version (+ a bunch of CC). Any advice on how to get the x64 running?

It has something to do with running as admin. The properties are set to always run as admin, Windows asks me if I want to run it as admin (yes), but the game is behaving as if I'm not. Right-click>Run as administrator has the same results.

Simsbane
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 01:20

@Simsbane wrote:Unfortunately I'm already following all the steps you've listed & I'm getting the first error I mentioned above. I'd even been playing with the current 1.37 for a few days with no problem. Then I go to launch this morning & error. It makes no sense as nothing had changed between my last few sessions & today. I've been going through the alternate fixes as well without result.

Edit: Okay, this seems to be related to the x64 version. Launching in 32-bit works. It pops up warnings of course because it's the full DLC version (+ a bunch of CC). Any advice on how to get the x64 running?

It has something to do with running as admin. The properties are set to always run as admin, Windows asks me if I want to run it as admin (yes), but the game is behaving as if I'm not. Right-click>Run as administrator has the same results.

I suppose you are on a 64-bit Windows operating system?

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simsbane on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 02:21

Yes.

Simsbane
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 18:06

At that point I'm afraid I can't suggest much more than checking your anti-virus program(s) once more, and if you really want to use the 64-bit version of the game, try switching your anti-virus.

I'm sorry I can't say more.

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum