Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Empty Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items.

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jan 2018, 02:18

Hey, so my Sim went to her first day in the scientist career and I found she couldn't interact with the chemical analyzer, the chemistry lab, or that robot thing that lets you build stuff (i can't remember what it's called) this makes it very difficult to complete the career goals, as you can imagine. I've also noticed that my sims get sick very often, and can't seem to order medicine (or at least I never saw anywhere to buy them)

I have tried removing my cc and placing the chemical analyzer in her home to see if the issue was the lot, but it was still unclickable. 

I only noticed this issue since I have installed Cats and Dogs, but I hadn't played the game for awhile before the EP came out, so I'm not sure if that caused it or not.

So if anyone has an idea what the issue could be, please let me know! I haven't seen anyone else with this issue when I looked before, but let me know if a solution has been found already.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Empty Re: Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jan 2018, 18:53

Hello @Fahhhgh,

Just to be 100% sure (and this will sound stupid), did you also install the torrents that were released between Get to Work & Cats + Dogs ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Empty Re: Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:19

@the_gh0stm4n Oh yeah, I did install everything in between, and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything (and now that you mention it I haven't really played with get to work for.. awhile. Before I installed Parenthood, vampires, toddlers, ect. I believe.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jan 2018, 20:17

Sorry for the belated reply,

From our soon-to-come "global FAQ" for TS4:

#33) How can I delete cache files in The Sims 4:

Go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the following:
Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Icon_arrow  localthumbschace.package
Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Icon_arrow  the contents inside folder "cache" (not the actual "cache" folder though!)
Can't interact with Sims 4 Get to Work items. Icon_arrow  and the contents inside the folder "cachestr" (not the actual "cachestr" folder though!)

Could you try this? And, are you experiencing issues with any other DLC, other than Get to Work?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 23:51

@the_gh0stm4n
I don't think I have a cache folder? Like, I haven't had one for awhile, which is something I've noticed whenever I've heard to delete the files in it, I don't know if that's an issue. 
I did delete the other folders and nothing happened, and as for other dlc, when working as a vet my sim couldn't use the examination table, she would act like she couldn't get to it, which I saw someone else reporting as an issue they had, but I don't know if a solution was found for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2018, 01:27

Hey this thread has been dead for awhile but it is still, in fact, an issue i'm having and i don't know what to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 May 2018, 21:43

Have you run the batch fixes from Sims 4 Studio? http://sims4studio.com/  You must register to download, but that program is truly magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2018, 06:36

@loonieloose I tried a couple of the batch fixes (I don't know if I should do them all? I just did the ones that seem most applicable) and that didn't seem to do it. Though it is a cool program so thanks for the recommendation anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2018, 10:41

Hi there, you should do them all. It does not fix script mods, but the cc is definitely sorted out and all the maxis stuff, that gets broken by a new Patch, is also fixed. Most of it in any case. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top