The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Custom Content. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Custom Content. [SOLVED]

Post by celebrity on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 08:00

I'm having problems with installing CC on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, when I previously had The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I was able to download CC with no problems etc. But when I re-downloaded it after I uninstalled it, I wasn't able to put CC on my game. Can anyone please help me?

celebrity
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Custom Content. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 16:52

@celebrity wrote:I'm having problems with installing CC on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, when I previously had The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I was able to download CC with no problems etc. But when I re-downloaded it after I uninstalled it, I wasn't able to put CC on my game. Can anyone please help me?

Hello @celebrity and welcome to the Forum,

What type of CC are you installing? There are various preparations and precautions you need to make, for The Sims 2. The most important things are laid out in the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24192-the-sims-2-custom-content-part-i-preparation

For example, you have to make sure that the folder in which you insert these items in named Downloads. Then there is this "Color Enabler Package", which can make (certain) CC show up as well in-game.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celebrity on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 05:37

thank you! it worked

celebrity
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 17:08

@celebrity wrote:thank you! it worked

May I ask (if it's not a state secret  What a Face ) which method eventually helped you overcome the problems? I know for example, that a lot of recolored Maxis (default) game items don't show up unless you have the "Color Enabler Package" applied/installed.

And creating the "Downloads"-folder is also very crucial, of course.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celebrity on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 20:12

I downloaded the Color Enabler package and all of the Custom Content I had downloaded came up.  Smile

celebrity
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 08:20

Ah! Very Happy  

Thanks for letting us know! It is indeed an important step. I will also close the topic now, since the original problem has been resolved. Feel free to open a new topic anytime, if you need more Support. Have a blast!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum