Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 base game only got installed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 base game only got installed. Empty Sims 4 base game only got installed.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018, 09:08

Hi so I recently was able to get sims 4 installed but that was only part of the game that will work. When I run the game, no other expansion packs or anything else will pop up. It clearly only shows that the base game is the only thing that installed. I also followed all the directions.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 base game only got installed. Empty Re: Sims 4 base game only got installed.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:16

Did you by any chance install the ultimate update only fix?
That one deletes all the other stuff, game and everything else from your game and reverts it to base game. It is clearly stated in the intro with a warning. I think there is a fast way of fixing this, but to be safe, I would install everything again, after the base game. Always keep your downloaded .rar files in a safe place for re-use. This is a clear warning:

Remember, this is only for people who have a slow internet (and cannot easily download the main DLC for the game) and/or slower computers. If you want to install DLC for The Sims 4, DO NOT USE THIS THING. Instead, please follow the guide here instead:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 base game only got installed. Empty Re: Sims 4 base game only got installed.

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 01:28

I did not install the ultimate update all of my RAR files are still on my computer and so are the other files for the expansion packs I followed those instructions step by step. I read the installer instructions and everything is still downloaded so I dont understand the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:47

krazydaisykinz wrote:I did not install the ultimate update all of my RAR files are still on my computer and so are the other files for the expansion packs I followed those instructions step by step. I read the installer instructions and everything is still downloaded so I dont understand the problem

Sorry for the late reply @krazydaisykinz,

Did you till need Support with that? You have to extract the contents of each .rar archive (that file that gets downloaded with each Sims 4 torrent), to where you installed the base game of The Sims 4 to; when prompted, choose merge folders/replace files in the destination.

A common error is that those files are extracted under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. This is wrong. Please double-check whether you really extracted the items under C:\Program files (x86)\(Electronic Arts)\The Sims 4.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top