The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by mmmariasd on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 17:02

So i downloaded the sims 4  cats and dogs. I did everything as told in the "installation guide". I copied the folders as every other time and it didn't work. I try to start my game and it starts, but i don't have the cats and dogs in the game.

I apologize my bad english it's not my main language and I apologize for my badly explained problem..

pls help me!

mmmariasd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 5
Points : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:13

@mmmariasd wrote:So i downloaded the sims 4  cats and dogs. I did everything as told in the "installation guide". I copied the folders as every other time and it didn't work. I try to start my game and it starts, but i don't have the cats and dogs in the game.

I apologize my bad english it's not my main language and I apologize for my badly explained problem..

pls help me!


Hello and welcome to the Forum @mmmariasd,

Did you make sure to install the Sims items, in the order that is described here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by mmmariasd on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 15:36

Hi and thank you for your answer. Yes i did everything as said

mmmariasd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 5
Points : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 16:30

@mmmariasd wrote:Hi and thank you for your answer. Yes i did everything as said  


Are you 1000000000% sure you copied and pasted the files/folders of "Cats & Dogs", to the right place? A very common mistake is that people copy/paste the updates under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

^But this is wrong. The correct location is normally C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 17:02

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
^But this is wrong. The correct location is normally C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4.
Or wherever you MOVED your install folder to on your computer
In my case it is X:\Sims Games\The Sims 4
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3253
Points : 5772
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 17:06

@Tarac wrote:Or wherever you MOVED your install folder to on your computer
In my case it is X:\Sims Games\The Sims 4


Yes, that too. In general though, a lot of people underestimate this and use the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-location, for installation of new items.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 17:30

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Or wherever you MOVED your install folder to on your computer
In my case it is X:\Sims Games\The Sims 4


Yes, that too. In general though, a lot of people underestimate this and use the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-location, for installation of new items.
Reason why my instructions are:

1. The base game

includes: Origin Digital Deluxe Edition items, Plumbob lamps, Freezer Bunny Award.

  1. Download the torrent for the Base Game (The Sims 4)
  2. When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
  3. Click on The Sims 4 setup.exe to start the installation
  4. Whatever you try to change, installation will always go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  5. When installation is completed, MOVE (not copy) the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts to any suitable location on your computer. This can even be on an external drive. That new location will from now on be addressed as your INSTALL FOLDER
    If you don't move it out of Electronic Arts you will get the Origin-error.
  6. Make a new shortcut on your desktop from that new location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
avatar
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

Posts : 3253
Points : 5772
Reputation : 542
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by mmmariasd on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 19:23

Yes, I have moved all the files in a location C: \ Program files (x86) \ The Sims 4.
my game has worked so far, but only the cats and dogs expansion pack will not work. I also tried to completely reinstall all (basic game and add-ons) following strictly instructions that came with .rar file "installation quide" and still not working ..

I think I have to try again with those instructions that I received earlier. they looked like looked the similiar as those instuctions that came with.

But thx guys i keep trying!

mmmariasd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 5
Points : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 19:56

@mmmariasd wrote:Yes, I have moved all the files in a location C: \ Program files (x86) \ The Sims 4.
my game has worked so far, but only the cats and dogs expansion pack will not work. I also tried to completely reinstall all (basic game and add-ons) following strictly instructions that came with .rar file "installation quide" and still not working ..

I think I have to try again with those instructions that I received earlier. they looked like looked the similiar as those instuctions that came with.

But thx guys i keep trying!


Can you try deleting the subfolder "Game", from C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4? Then re-download a fresh folder for the Cats&Dogs expansion, here:
https://tinyurl.com/y8qhlv8o

Place the "Game"-folder in the same place (of course), where the old one was located. 

I assume you ONLY installed up to "Cats&Dogs"? No other patches, like 1.36/1.37, or Laundry Day Stuff?

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by mmmariasd on Sat 27 Jan 2018, 21:36

i tried and Yes just cats and dogs

so once again I tried to install all the components exactly according to the instructions on my computer, and I do not just get to work the cats and dogs expansion pack

mmmariasd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 5
Points : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 29 Jan 2018, 02:38

@mmmariasd wrote:i tried and Yes just cats and dogs

so once again I tried to install all the components exactly according to the instructions on my computer, and I do not just get to work the cats and dogs expansion pack


Can you try moving your entire installation folder of The Sims 4, directly under the desktop, and try running the game from there? Note that your old desktop shortcut won't work anymore, so you'll have to go inside the folder Game\Bin and use either the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.

I know this is a far-fetched attempt, but I think you should give it at least some consideration.


@Tarac wrote:Reason why my instructions are:

1. The base game

















includes: Origin Digital Deluxe Edition items, Plumbob lamps, Freezer Bunny Award.

  1. Download the torrent for the Base Game (The Sims 4)
  2. When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
  3. Click on The Sims 4 setup.exe to start the installation
  4. Whatever you try to change, installation will always go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  5. When installation is completed, MOVE (not copy) the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts to any suitable location on your computer. This can even be on an external drive. That new location will from now on be addressed as your INSTALL FOLDER
    If you don't move it out of Electronic Arts you will get the Origin-error.
  6. Make a new shortcut on your desktop from that new location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe



The G4TW instructions (not under the basegame, but under the individual DLC starting from City Living) state as well to move the install folder, and to copy/paste updates to the right location. Not every problem can be resolved or even mitigated, just by explaining or organizing alone. In the end it doesn't help if the end-user doesn't read those instructions properly, and installs updates under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. In that sense, it doesn't really matter how instructions are formulated.

I don't know, maybe the audience on your own site is on average more "computer-literate" than the average G4TW user.

Again, not questioning your goodwill. Just pointing out - as I did time and time again - that whatever works on the Tarac-NL-Simsforum, may not necessarily work on G4TW. Not just because of individual work-styles of the "active" staff, but also because of the (presumably) different audiences. 

The given instructions are advantageous from another perspective, however: it's probably better to move the base game folder early on, and before any DLCs are applied. I grant that.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by mmmariasd on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 15:21

Thank you for all the answers. I really don't know what i did but it works now Very Happy

mmmariasd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

Posts : 5
Points : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs doesn't work ?! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 17:28

@mmmariasd wrote:Thank you for all the answers. I really don't know what i did but it works now Very Happy


Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun with the game, and feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime, if you need more Support!  Carlos is tha man

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16456
Points : 22062
Reputation : 2391
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum