Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 19:58

I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Last edited by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 20:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

vallkyri_
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, GTA V, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Dying Light

Female

Posts : 7
Points : 283
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-21
Age : 19
Location : hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by Abianca on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 21:34

Sorry but you can't skip, you have to install them in order to play Cats and Dogs.
avatar
Abianca
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 1
Points : 268
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:11

@vallkyri_ wrote:I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @vallkyri_, Smile

You cannot skip fitness and toddlers stuff, indeed. It is really because of the way this game works technically; it's not like in earlier times with Sims 2 and Sims 3 anymore, where you can easily pick and choose your items.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16556
Points : 22229
Reputation : 2418
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:18

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@vallkyri_ wrote:I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @vallkyri_, Smile

You cannot skip fitness and toddlers stuff, indeed. It is really because of the way this game works technically; it's not like in earlier times with Sims 2 and Sims 3 anymore, where you can easily pick and choose your items.

Oh I see Sad Now, I am getting a lot of issues. How can I completely uninstall this? Because I installed it once and made a mistake at Parenthood (forgot to change the game folder name). I uninstalled it and ran Ccleaner so maybe if there's anything left it could clean. But it didn't. Now whenever I try to run the game it says that my user data is using a newer version of the game and I should update my game.

vallkyri_
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, GTA V, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Dying Light

Female

Posts : 7
Points : 283
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-21
Age : 19
Location : hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:24

@vallkyri_ wrote:
Oh I see Sad Now, I am getting a lot of issues. How can I completely uninstall this? Because I installed it once and made a mistake at Parenthood (forgot to change the game folder name). I uninstalled it and ran Ccleaner so maybe if there's anything left it could clean. But it didn't. Now whenever I try to run the game it says that my user data is using a newer version of the game and I should update my game.


No need to uninstall (yet). For starters go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file. Then try the game again. Smile

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16556
Points : 22229
Reputation : 2418
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum