Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't launch (Mac), no CC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't launch (Mac), no CC. Empty Game won't launch (Mac), no CC.

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jan 2018, 01:13

Hello!

Alright, I don't know if I'm supposed to be posting on this forum since my game is all legit (meaning I actually paid for it) but I used to get my games from here and people always found a way to help me, so I thought why not!

I've been playing my game for a year on my iMac 27" late 2015, running on High Sierra (since September 2017). Everything was working fine, i played on High settings, had 12GB of CC, it ran smoothly. Then one day my game just refused to launch, the icon appears but it states that the game is unresponsive.

I tried the following:
- taking my Mods folder out
- repairing my game
- deleting my Sims 4 folder
- uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4
- uninstall and reinstall Origin then The Sims 4

After reinstalling Origin and The Sims 4 my game actually loaded, I tested the game for a few minutes and it ran like a charm! I left, tried to go back to it a few minutes later, it's unresponsive again. I didn't add any CC to it, and it is up to date.

I do have a copy of the report after I forced the game to close, if it can help.

Thank you in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Game won't launch (Mac), no CC. Empty Re: Game won't launch (Mac), no CC.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Jan 2018, 17:25

//MOVED

Hello @Lou-Ann,

I moved your post to the right section. Smile  Note that unfortunately, we have not had any specialized Mac Helpers/Mods in quite some time on the Forum. In fact, we cannot even give any official Support on Mac (anymore).

All I can offer is the section here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f35-fixes-mac

Look at the stickied topics here. Some regular users have tried writing up various guides on troubleshooting TS4 on Mac. The best source of information, as far as this Forum is concerned. I'm sorry I can't suggest more than that.

Good luck nonetheless!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top