Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything is bad. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everything is bad. [SOLVED] Empty Everything is bad. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 03:48

Ok, so...
I know the instructions to installing TS4 really good. I tried to make it all work multiple times but now I'm just really annoyed.

I downloaded all of G4TW versions of TS4, i was following the instructions. All of them. And everytime when i'm reinstalling the game i have new issues.
Everything is starting to crush after installing "Toddles, vampires and bowling stuff".

(I had it all installed and working with Dogs&Cats and Laundry stuff but sims couln't use computers or bookshelves, even in the library and stuff from Vampires pack were broken so i decided to try to install it all over again.)  Y U do dis to me 

And it sucks more than ever.
After instaling "Toddlers, vampires...." i couldn't play any family because game was throwing me out to the map selection.
After "Parentood" this window that comes up at the begining telling me that i installed new pack is empty, no text just pictures, but i already could pick a family to play.
After "Fitness Stuff" same thing as with "Parenthood" but sim couldn't use computer, like it was bugged with no functions and nothing was showing up in the building and buying mode.  
After "Toddlers Stuff" game don't even want to open. 
After "Dogs and Cats" there's this thing about not being able to open the game without Origin and game sudenly is in spanish...
After "Laundy day" I thought everyting is good but when i moved a guy to the house he couldn't use computer and even frigdge and still there is nothing in the building mode... 

BTW Yes i have all files from G4TW. Yes i know how to install it all properly. Yes I DO rename/delete Game folder before installing new stuff. I DO NOT have any modes. I'm not using newer save files i'm even trying to remove them all before installing new pack. Yes i do have TS4 in good folder and YES i am using good version of this game made for my type of system. I don't even have Origin installed. 

Help

Back to top Go down

Everything is bad. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Everything is bad. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:56

It looks like that after the installation of Toddlers, Vampires you did not delete the existing folder Game from your install folder and replaced it by a new folder Game.

I think you can solve all your problems by:
1. Delete the existing folder Game (and Game_ when you have it) from your install folder The Sims 4 in Program Files.
2. Re-copy the folder Game from your Laundry download to the install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:28

I said i already did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:54

martaxgd wrote:I said i already did it
If you did that all, why do I (and thousands other G4TW followers) not suffer from these problems ?
Any CC in your game perhaps ?
Try a new The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Elkectronic Arts by renaming your current The Sims 4 folder to The Sims 4_old

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:56

I have no idea. I even downloaded all of these files once again just in case they were broken os something. I'm trying to install TS4 again. Now i don't have 64-bit version even tho i have it in C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:58

martaxgd wrote:I have no idea. I even downloaded all of these files once again just in case they were broken os something. I'm trying to install TS4 again. Now i don't have 64-bit version even tho i have it in C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4
There is no 64-bits option in the base game and Get to Work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:59

Oh, ok. I didn't know it XD So i'm gonna keep trying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 15:07

When your internet is fast enough, you can download a full and complete "all-in-one" version that includes everything from the base game upto and incl. Laundry Day.
No installation required, no fixes, no updates, no new Game folders. Just copy/paste. Can be placed anywhere on your computer or even external drives.

When you are completely new to the game, use the all-in-one

The all-in-one download covers all DLC's from Base game up to and incl. Laundry Day, version 1.38.49.1020

1. Download The Sims 4 allin wasdag.iso HERE via Stack or Download it HERE via Mega
  2. Mount in PowerIso or Daemon (In windows 10 just rightclick on the iso and choose Open with Explorer)
  3. Copy all files and folders from the mounted iso to your hard disk (or external drive)
    Do NOT install into directories like Origin, Origin Games, Electronic Arts.
  4. Start the game as an Admin by rightclicking on TS4 or TS4_x64.exe in your installation folder (where you copied it to) The Sims 4\Game\Bin (make shortcut)

The game is in Dutch but you can easily change that as you probably know.

change language

• Go to your installation folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
  • Open the file RldOrigin.ini with f.e. Notepad
  • Change the line Language=nl_NL to the code for your desired language such as en_US for English
  • Save the file
  • Start your game as an Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 17:45

Welp. I still don't have anything in the building mode. I'm trying to install this version that you shared

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Feb 2018, 21:23

martaxgd wrote:
(I had it all installed and working with Dogs&Cats and Laundry stuff but sims couln't use computers or bookshelves, even in the library and stuff from Vampires pack were broken so i decided to try to install it all over again.)  Y U do dis to me 

Hello and welcome to the Forum @martaxgd,

One additional comment on the issue...I know it's a common belief among many users that "uninstalling and re-installing" helps against all issues. In your case though, as with most other in-game glitches, maybe it's smarter NOT to uninstall immediately, because 

+) experience shows that uninstalling/re-installing VERY rarely helps in those cases
+) if not done correctly, it can do more damage than good.

And, did you also use the program WinRAR for extracting the G4TW Downloads?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 16:55

Yes I did use WinRAR. I'm so annoyed that i downloaded The Sims 1 goddammit XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 17:33

martaxgd wrote:Yes I did use WinRAR. I'm so annoyed that i downloaded The Sims 1 goddammit XD
What connection is there bewteen Sims 4 and Sims 1 ?
Yes they are both called Sims but there it ends.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Feb 2018, 20:54

Tarac wrote:What connection is there bewteen Sims 4 and Sims 1 ?
Yes they are both called Sims but there it ends.

I am almost sure the user meant to say that she accidentally downloaded The Sims 1 (the wrong game), which could have been guessed from the general context and the fact that the user utilized the word "goddamnit".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Feb 2018, 19:16

I meant that i chosed TS1 over TS4 because of all these errors. Nevermind. I downloaded game again from this link with all DLC's, packs and stuff and it's working so thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Feb 2018, 19:45

martaxgd wrote:I meant that i chosed TS1 over TS4 because of all these errors. Nevermind. I downloaded game again from this link with all DLC's, packs and stuff and it's working so thanks

You probably overlooked something (small) the first time you did this, but either way you managed to get it work, so there's that. I do want to emphasize that the procedure described in the "TS4 Must-Read guide" is absolutely doable, if awkward for new users.

Either way, have fun with the game, and feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime!

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top