Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] Empty Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 19:53

Hi! I actually wasnt sure where I would post this since I normally only use this forum for sim support. However I got a new laptop recently that is 10 times better than my old one but last week something odd started to happen with online video playback. I cant really explain it so I included a photo here. It started when I went to watch the new Black Butler movie on some anime website and everything looked fine till I hit play then the issue you see in the photo happened. I thought it was just that particular video streamer so I tried different sites they all had only that video player and all had this issue below. I finally found another version though and it played just fine there was no green anywhere. I just thought whatever that video was glitched. But today I was watching my favorite streamer on youtube everything was fine then the video momentarily froze and the green issue below appeared. So now I think something is wrong with my laptop and I don't know what. If anyone has any idea how I can fix this or what is wrong with it please let me know. If the laptop is broken i would like to get it fixed while the warranty is still good. Hopefully its not a hard drive issue. I would appreciate the help!

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] 641e394d9e5cfb95fe7b6bd00d5b8bde

Mod edit: moved to "Hardware".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 22:13

Maybe your new laptop has 2 videocards.
Rightclick on a video and see if you get the option "open with powerful Nvidia videocard" or something simular

Back to top Go down

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb 2018, 02:50

I didn't see anything like that D: Here is a photo of my laptop specs

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] 5ea8142d36505fc6fe30e64161771dcc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb 2018, 10:38

Try this:
1. Rightclick on the Windows logo on the taskbar
2. Click on Device Manager
3. Click on Graphics Adapter

When you see 2 adapters there, your laptop has switchable graphics and you should play The Sims on the better one.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Feb 2018, 01:39

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:I didn't see anything like that D: Here is a photo of my laptop specs

Issue With Watching Videos On My New Laptop. [SOLVED] 5ea8142d36505fc6fe30e64161771dcc

Apart from watching these videos, are you noticing any other screen 'irregularities'? I know from my own experience that if something happens along those lines it's almost always a failing graphics card. But then the issue appears everywhere, not just on these video-windows...

scratch

I would let the computer get checked, as long as you still have warranty.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 08:16

Sorry for the late reply! I actually fixed it. It turns out it was something wrong with my firefox browser. I gave it an reinstall and now everything is fine. Ty for the help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 18:30

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:Sorry for the late reply! I actually fixed it. It turns out it was something wrong with my firefox browser. I gave it an reinstall and now everything is fine. Ty for the help though!

Thanks for letting us know about the solution! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top