Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Empty Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 00:25

You can change the game language with EASetup.exe. The problem is it tries to install vcredist (needed by the game to run, you probably have it installed already) and then changes the language of the game. There is no indication when it finishes working so people usually close it too soon. That's why I wrote this batch script. Just save it as _change_language.bat in main game directory and start it!

Arrow  download and extract the .rar file from the download link below with WinRAR.

Arrow  extract BOTH files from the .rar file, into the main game directory of The Sims 4. For most people that is C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4.

Arrow  run the "change language.bat", choose your new language from the drop-down menu, and wait for the message in the script that it is "finished".

Arrow  make sure to NOT run the game as Administrator!

Arrow  and you are ready to play.

Arrow  DOWNLOAD LINK

Arrow  extra note: if you are running a "Super Administrator" account on Windows (see THIS), it is possible that the method will NOT work for you. Instead, please use the "traditional method" of language change, involving the RldOrigin.ini file.

Code:
@echo off

start EASetup.exe || echo Run this as administrator && goto :END

for /f "skip=1" %%i in ('wmic process where (Name like "%%EASetup%%"^) get ProcessId ^| findstr /r /v "^$"') do set PID=%%i

echo found PID: %PID%

:LOOP
wmic process where (ParentProcessId='%PID%') 2>nul | findstr /r /v "^$" >nul || call :WAIT && goto LOOP

echo Language change in progress...

:LOOP2
wmic process where (ParentProcessId='%PID%') 2>nul | findstr /r /v "^$" >nul && call :WAIT && goto LOOP2

echo Finished!

wmic process where (ProcessId='%PID%') call terminate >nul 2>&1

:END
pause
goto :eof

:WAIT
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >nul 2>&1 || ping -n 2 ::1 >nul 2>&1
goto :eof

Mod edit: instructions improved/clarified, download link for script added, reminder added that the method likely does not work on "Super Administrator accounts" on Windows. Personally, I would still recommend that people use the classic method of language change, in The Sims 4, though.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Empty Re: Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 05:39

anadius1 wrote:You can change the game language with EASetup.exe. The problem is it tries to install vcredist (needed by the game to run, you probably have it installed already) and then changes the language of the game. There is no indication when it finishes working so people usually close it too soon. That's why I wrote this batch script. Just save it as _change_language.bat in main game directory and start it!

Hello again,

I improved your topic title; am I correct in assuming this is actually intended for legit (Origin-based) Sims 4 games, and not the cracked versions? 

If it's indeed about the legit games, it's also worth noting that American versions of the game generally only have English as their display language; and while European versions 'theoretically' have all 17 languages available, apparently only one language is installed and downloaded...which is the one you choose on the initial setup.

We can compensate for that though, by providing the language string-files that we also use on the cracked Sims 4. 

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Empty Re: Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 09:56

I'm using it on cracked version but it should work on original too. I got language strings from patches/DLCs you upload here so it's all good. I just tested it with 3 different languages and they all worked fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 17:30

anadius1 wrote:I'm using it on cracked version but it should work on original too. I got language strings from patches/DLCs you upload here so it's all good. I just tested it with 3 different languages and they all worked fine.

That might come across as noobish, but looking at that piece of code...could you be more specific about how exactly this is supposed to work? 

Because in the cracked version, you "just" need to change one line in the RldOrigin.ini and re-start the game as Administrator (so that the registry entries are updated according to the new language chosen in the RldOrigin.ini). Does this code do the same...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 17:55

Code:
my script runs EASetup.exe (needs admin rights)
    EASetup.exe runs Touchup.exe (in __Installer dir)
        Touchup.exe installs/repairs vcredist from __Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist and __Installer\vc\vc2013\redist
        Touchup.exe changes registry keys

As I said, most people have vcredist already installed but if they don't - game won't run. If you have it, installer will run in repair mode so no harm done. IMO this way is easier. You've got graphical interface to change language (EASetup.exe) instead of changing files manually.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 18:12

anadius1 wrote:
Code:
Touchup.exe changes registry keys

(...)

May I ask which DLC from the cracked Sims 4 you have installed, if any?

Because I edited my registry manually, and the new language wasn't recognized (I have the latest version 1.39 of TS4 installed). You cannot edit "just" the registry anymore with the newer Sims 4 DLC, without also editing the RldOrigin.ini (see THIS TOPIC). If changing the stuff manually doesn't work, then using an automated script won't work either.

I believe that it works for you and of course it's a cool idea, but I don't think this works on the newer Sims 4 DLC. You probably have only the basegame installed, maybe up to Get together. But from the "Dine Out" DLC and onwards, the new system was introduced with the RldOrigin.ini and changing the registry alone doesn't work anymore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 18:36

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] ZdrXsXD
Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] KGyDGAs
As you can see even items from the newest DLC are translated.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 18:52

Can you also tell us where exactly that "EASetup.exe" file is supposed to be located? (I end up with an error that the file can't be found, and I cannot find the file anywhere inside my The Sims 4 installation-folder).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:21

Uh, I downloaded some "all in one" torrent (game version 1.36.102.1020) and it was already there. Then I applied appropriate patches from here and it works. From quick search it seems "EASetup.exe" is present in many games to finalize installation - install dependencies and registry keys. It should be there (or in __Installer dir) in original version of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:27

anadius1 wrote:Uh, I downloaded some "all in one" torrent (game version 1.36.102.1020) and it was already there. Then I applied appropriate patches from here and it works. From quick search it seems "EASetup.exe" is present in many games to finalize installation - install dependencies and registry keys. It should be there (or in __Installer dir) in original version of the game.

I vaguely recall actually seeing that file...I believe it was in one of the repacker "FitGirl's" torrents. But it doesn't seem to be present in G4TW's compilation of Sims 4 torrents (yes, I even used the search function).

If there are no other dependencies relating to the file, I suppose it should be possible to upload that "EASetup.exe" separately, so that we all can test it?

Other than that, thanks for the submission so far, and we will keep tabs on the issue.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:35

There you go: https://goo.gl/oecrtY

If you have original base game you could try to install it and change Origin options so it doesn't delete installation files. This one exe may be considered as one.

Mod edit: re-uploaded & link shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:58

So I got as far as this here:

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] FNoIg8kDQamhpJNLOrpelw

But no further; the game was still in English, even after changing it temporarily with the script. Essentially what it does, is change the registry only (which is what I tested manually already, earlier). But since you mentioned you downloaded some "all-in-one" pack, I remembered something else about that FitGirl-torrent I once looked at. It did have a secondary .txt file apart from the RldOrigin.ini, the name of which I cannot exactly remember anymore. Maybe it was along the lines of Origins.ini ? But that file had an entry in it about "Language", so it presumably dealt with language change as well. Maybe it works on FitGirl's setup (only)?

The script above does not appear to work on G4TW's setup though; while it changes the relevant registry entries, it does not appear to change the RldOrigin.ini file, hence it has no effect.

We will wait for more people to test it, if they like, but I suppose we will leave it at that - for the moment. Nonetheless, thanks for the submission! Even if it does not work on G4TW's setup it can be a nice opportunity to learn something, from a mere coding standpoint.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Feb 2018, 00:14

That's all there is to do. Just press any key to close that window.

Did you run the game as administrator after changing the language? That would apply language set in RldOrigin.ini. I don't have any additional file here because with each new patch I delete Game directory and copy the one from patch.

Tested on clean install (I just moved whole game folder to other computer):
Run game - RldOrigin asks to run as administrator - ignore it
Run my script
Run game again - works fine without running it as admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Feb 2018, 00:37

anadius1 wrote:Did you run the game as administrator after changing the language? 

Still doesn't work...

anadius1 wrote:(...) That would apply language set in RldOrigin.ini.

The script does not seem to change the RldOrigin.ini though, from what I saw. And why would we need that script at all then, if we still need to set the language in the RldOrigin.ini...? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I don't get that argument, in this context.

Again, on my G4TW-based Sims 4 setup, the script ONLY seems to change the registry entries, but not the actual RldOrigin.ini file. The way we "normally" go about changing the language is to just edit the one line in the RldOrigin.ini, and then simply run the game as Administrator.

The effort is really appreciated, but from my perspective I believe it's time to "call it a day". Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Feb 2018, 01:05

Let me rephrase it: running the game as admin will apply language from RldOrigin.ini. That's what I don't want to do. I don't even want to open that file.

Run my script (asks for admin rights), let it finish and then run the game (normal, no admin rights, check properties, you may have changed it to always run as admin - disable it). It also adds entry in Control Panel -> Programs and Features so you can easily uninstall Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Feb 2018, 16:04

anadius1 wrote:Let me rephrase it: running the game as admin will apply language from RldOrigin.ini.

Everybody knows that already. The question I have still, is why is this being brought up, in this context? If you insist the file is not necessary at all for language change, why mention it?

anadius1 wrote:That's what I don't want to do. I don't even want to open that file.

With the utmost respect, did you consider the (remote) possibility, that whatever "all-in-one" download you used, may function slightly different than the G4TW-version?

anadius1 wrote:Run my script (asks for admin rights), let it finish and then run the game (normal, no admin rights, (...)

That's the first time I hear that running an application as admin is not recommended (and again with respect, I'm not inclined to consider that to be the cause of the issue - and it did not matter anyway on my end whether the game was run as admin or not, the result was still the same).

anadius1 wrote:It also adds entry in Control Panel -> Programs and Features so you can easily uninstall Sims 4.

You can also "uninstall" the game (more easily), by simply deleting the installation folder of The Sims 4. The registry entries that remain won't hurt, except in one distant scenario: after you uninstall a pirated Sims 4, and THEN install an Origin-Sims 4 with a different display language than what the pirated game had. You could end up with an "initialization error at startup", which can be fixed by editing the registry manually, making it the same language as what you chose on the Origin setup.

Again, as much as this comes across, I am not discarding your contribution. I am merely being critical...and so should you.

I will gladly wait for more people to comment on the issue, specifically those who test this on a G4TW-setup of the game. But other than that, I'm out.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Empty Quick language change in The Sims 4.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb 2018, 16:07

With a cracked version of the Sims 4, whatever you do, in script files or in the register, it will always be overwirtten by the settings of RldOrigin.ini when you start the game as an Administrator.

Yes, using scripts and/or amendments in the register can work as long as you don't start the Sims 4 as an Administrator.
But why make it so difficult with scripts aso when a simple Language= xx_XX in RldOrigin.ini will do the trick

//EDIT

Although not many people will need this because you can change the language in the RldOrigin.ini file, I will nevertheless share this for those who often switch between languages for studying another language.

1. Open the register by holding the Windows-key pressed and typing R
2. In the window type regedit and click on OK
3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Maxis -> The Sims 4
4. Rightclick on the folder The Sims 4 and select Exoprt
5. In the next screen select a Destination, give the exportfile a name and click on Save (I have chosen my Desktop)
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\The Sims 4)

Once the registerkey is exported to your desktop you can close the register.

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Reg1_orig

1. Now rightclick on that exported key on your desktop and select Edit
2. Click on GDFBinary and change (in my picture above) nl_NL into the language you require (Make sure not to delete the _ after Binary and the _ before 64.dll)
3. Click on Locale and change (in my picture above) nl_NL to the code of your desired language
4. Save the file now as name of the new language

As I (or rather my wife) is interested in many languages I created a folder Talen = Dutch for Languages and that looks like this

Batch script for language change in The Sims 4. [OUTDATED] Reg2_orig

French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish can be chosen by simply clicking on the required language before starting the Sims 4
(You'll see some warnings, just accept these)

NOTE: DO NOT START YOUR GAME AS ADMINISTRATOR AS THAT WILL CHANGE THE REGISTER TO THE SETTINGS OF RldOrigin.ini  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Feb 2018, 17:32

//MERGED

Topics merged, because that manual method accomplishes exactly the same as that script the original poster created. So I used the script again, changed my language to de_DE in the registry (RldOrigin.ini is still under en_US), I did NOT run the game as Administrator and....game is still in English. After testing the game that way the registry was still under de_DE though, so it did not utilize the data from the RldOrigin.ini file.

I suspect though, that my problem is likely due to what I described HERE, to which I have gotten so used that I admittedly completely forgot about the possibility. Not that I really bother to test it on a "normal" Windows account; I strongly suspect this is the issue in my case, without further testing.

Either way, in my opinion this method is still a hassle, if people accidentally run the game as Administrator. 

Using pre-made RldOrigin.ini files and running the game once after that as Administrator should be safer. I've uploaded again these pre-made RldOrigin.ini files here (under where it says Update 05-09-2016).
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-23-02-2018#155347

But yes, for the sake of completeness and "textbook knowledge", I did mention the alternative method at the end of this guide and gave you and the original poster credit for doing so. Good work, I guess.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb 2018, 17:48

My method also works for the real Origin (and ZLOrigin) game.
As you may have noticed changing the language in Origin/ZLOrigin is quite time-consuming.
Only problem is (as yet) that you must have changed the langauge in Origin .
Once you've played it in the required languages, you can then switch immediately between the languages in Original, ZLOrigin and cracked games.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Feb 2018, 17:52

Tarac wrote:My method also works for the real Origin (and ZLOrigin) game.
As you may have noticed changing the language in Origin/ZLOrigin is quite time-consuming.
Once you've played it in the required languages, you can then switch immediately between the languages in Original, ZLOrigin and cracked games.

I think I hinted at this above...it should be easily doable to compile those language string files for use in Origin/zlOrigin, without having to re-install/un-install. Just download and then apply those language string files.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 16:52; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Feb 2018, 18:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:My method also works for the real Origin (and ZLOrigin) game.

I think I hinted at this above...it should be easily doable to compile those language string files for use in Origin/zlOrigin, without having to re-install/un-install. Just download and then apply those language string files. Also, despite some doubts, I think I will move this article under "The Sims 4 tips & tricks". So yes, good work nonetheless!

Yess, aye lieeke!
You are quite right.
I have just 1 folder for The Sims 4 with 4 different game folders
Game, Game_Origin, Game_ZLOrigin and Game_cracked. (Folder Game is only used for updates. When update is completed I copy it to either Origin, ZLOrigin, or cracked. So this very moment Game = Game from the genuine Origin as I just updated via Origin)
This means that all 18 languages are already present thanks to the cracked downloads.

I just updated to version 1.40.61.1020 via the genuine Origin.
I had never before played the game in Russian on this PC and just by clicking on my Russisch.reg the game was in Russian.
Bear in mind that an update or adding a new DLC via Origin and ZLOrigin will reset the language to the settings in Origin/ZLOrigin as I just noticed that after updating my ZLOrigin folder. No longer in Russian but back to Dutch.

Mod edit: topic closed due to having become obsolete. See for example this post here or another one here for a method on how to change the language with the newer CODEX-based DLC.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top