Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Snorple_Seeker on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 22:02

Hi, 

I've been trying to install Sims 3 and I don't know what I've done wrong.

I downloaded and extracted the sims 3 and all of the expansions.

Went to the extracted folders, installed sims 3, then I went to the #crack folder and moved across TS3.exe, then I ran the TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe that was in the #crack folder.

Then I installed 1 expansion (Late Night) and moved the TS3W.exe over into the #crack folder.

So I have the Sims 3 shortcut and the Late Night shortcut on my desktop, but when I try to play by clicking either it says the Sims3Launcher has stopped working and won't even open anything.

Thanks for any help!

Snorple_Seeker
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Paps6565 on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 00:00

I have the exact same problem. I have illegally downloaded Sims 3 via KarmaTatic and she used games4theworld to download it. I just tried downloading Sims 3 World Adventures and Sims 3 Ambitions but I must have done something wrong. Karmatastic said to do the crack again when you download another EP and I did that, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded both, followed what Karma did, copied and pasted the crack into bin, replaced the previous files. I am very angry because I'm afraid I won't be able to play the game again.

Paps6565
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Dracos66 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 13:51

@Snorple_Seeker wrote:Hi, 

I've been trying to install Sims 3 and I don't know what I've done wrong.

I downloaded and extracted the sims 3 and all of the expansions.

Went to the extracted folders, installed sims 3, then I went to the #crack folder and moved across TS3.exe, then I ran the TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe that was in the #crack folder.

Then I installed 1 expansion (Late Night) and moved the TS3W.exe over into the #crack folder.

So I have the Sims 3 shortcut and the Late Night shortcut on my desktop, but when I try to play by clicking either it says the Sims3Launcher has stopped working and won't even open anything.

Thanks for any help!

Try this. Uninstall the Sims 3 and reboot your system. Now re-install the sims 3 along with any expansions/stuff packs you want. Apply the 1.67 upgrade patch. After the upgrade installs completely shut the sims 3 down, then copy the "cracked" TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" and select "Copy and Replace".   Now right-click on the TS3W.EXE file and click on the campatibility tab. Check the box "Run as Administrator" and click Apply. Right-click on the TS3W.EXE file and select "Send to Desktop (create a shortcut)". Now start the game with the new shortcut and it should run fine.
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major
G4TW Super Moderator Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum