Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 12:38

Hey fellows, hope this is the right place to post this.
I downloaded The Sims 4 - Cats and Dogs -Reloaded off PB. It was 23.8 gigs. It had a bunch of expansion packs and DLC'S included. The base game seemed to work fine. On the opening screen the expansion packs were listed on the left of the screen but when I click on them nothing happens. Anyone else using this version with any success? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:03

Clicking on these icons does nothing at all.
It only confirms that these DLC's are included in your game.
You cannot, could not, will not ever, play separate games like "Today I'm going to play City Living and tomorrow Get Together"
They are all part of the complete game.
The more DLC's the more features in your game.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 -Cats and dogs - Reloaded? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:13

Hey Tarac, thanks for the quick reply. If those expansion packs are part of the game how do you access them doing the game? So this version I got might be working ok then? Will the DLC show up during the game? Excuse my ignorance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 14:07

toenail wrote:Hey Tarac, thanks for the quick reply. If those expansion packs are part of the game how do you access them doing the game? So this version I got might be working ok then? Will the DLC show up during the game? Excuse my ignorance.
The more DLC's you have, the bigger the game. You can't access individual packs, No the DLC won't show up during the game. You can more or less notice it in the buy/build modus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 14:47

Tarac wrote:
toenail wrote:Hey Tarac, thanks for the quick reply. If those expansion packs are part of the game how do you access them doing the game? So this version I got might be working ok then? Will the DLC show up during the game? Excuse my ignorance.
The more DLC's you have, the bigger the game. You can't access individual packs, No the DLC won't show up during the game. You can more or less notice it in the buy/build modus.
So if I can't access the expansion packs and the DLC's won't show up during the game, then this download was pretty worthless then ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 15:25

toenail wrote:
Tarac wrote:
So if I can't access the expansion packs and the DLC's won't show up during the game, then this download was pretty worthless then ?
No, you succesfully installed the COMPLETE GAME with ALL DLC's upto and incl. Cats&Dogs.
You couldn't do better than that. Congratulations.
Nobody can access the expansion packs individually.

The only comparision I can make is to see the Game as a bathtub.
With every new DLC you add a bucket of water to the tub, but once added you can't wash yourself with only the water from the last bucket.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 15:42

toenail wrote:So if I can't access the expansion packs and the DLC's won't show up during the game, then this download was pretty worthless then ?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @toenail,

I am not getting the implication of this particular sentence though (yes, that sounds stupid, but it's the truth). First off, it is rare that "DLC won't show up", when you you install them properly. And these all-in-one installers have...as their name implies, all DLC included, as per the provided instructions.

From the conversational overtone in the thread I assume you are new to The Sims-franchise of games? Like Tarac said, the way these games work is that you first install a so-called "base game", which is typically limited in its features. You then add these DLCs, which add further content. The DLC tend to be topic-oriented, such as about pets, weather, specific decoration items, clothing, etc. You will notice in the game that for example in CAS, new items have certain "icons" in their thumbnails, indicating they belong to a particular DLC.

In The Sims 4, however, you cannot easily separate DLC items, so everything you install, you also end up playing with. There is a guide here on how to disable individual DLC, but it requires to install everything that is available, and then cut out unwanted DLC:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4-updated-on-16-03-2018

You should be able to apply that to your own all-in-one download as well; just make sure to edit the RldOrigin.ini file properly, and you're good to go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2018, 11:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
toenail wrote:So if I can't access the expansion packs and the DLC's won't show up during the game, then this download was pretty worthless then ?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @toenail,

I am not getting the implication of this particular sentence though (yes, that sounds stupid, but it's the truth). First off, it is rare that "DLC won't show up", when you you install them properly. And these all-in-one installers have...as their name implies, all DLC included, as per the provided instructions.

From the conversational overtone in the thread I assume you are new to The Sims-franchise of games? Like Tarac said, the way these games work is that you first install a so-called "base game", which is typically limited in its features. You then add these DLCs, which add further content. The DLC tend to be topic-oriented, such as about pets, weather, specific decoration items, clothing, etc. You will notice in the game that for example in CAS, new items have certain "icons" in their thumbnails, indicating they belong to a particular DLC.

In The Sims 4, however, you cannot easily separate DLC items, so everything you install, you also end up playing with. There is a guide here on how to disable individual DLC, but it requires to install everything that is available, and then cut out unwanted DLC:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4-updated-on-16-03-2018

You should be able to apply that to your own all-in-one download as well; just make sure to edit the RldOrigin.ini file properly, and you're good to go.
Thank you for the reply. I got this game to send to my daughter out of state. I loaded it first on my computer to make sure it works right before I send it to her. You are correct, I know very little about the Sims. I am still confused. These "expansion packs are there but I can't access or "play them"? As far as the DLC'S go, they are already built into the game and you come across them as you go through the game. Is this what you guys are trying to get through to me? I think the older I get the dumber I get. Thanks again for all your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Mar 2018, 22:33

toenail wrote:(...) As far as the DLC'S go, they are already built into the game and you come across them as you go through the game. Is this what you guys are trying to get through to me? 

Yes, it's exactly like that: it's (still) 1 game, but with added in-game features and content. I also have an analogy, that is even slightly better than the above with the bathtub, from Tarac.

Imagine a soup or some stew in which you put multiple additional mini-ingredients or spices. They get "merged" with the main dish (soup/stew). Every addiitonal mini-ingredient adds another small twist or taste to the whole. And so do these Sims (4) DLCs function as well.

From a purely logical standpoint you could make a game like that somehow "access" only individual parts. But I guess the average player would very quickly feel annoyed by it, having to switch from DLC to DLC. Also: such a system would necessarily bring with it another crucial question. What if someone wants to have e.g. BOTH pets and weather in their game? Would it make sense to separate these two (potential) DLCs, into "two different" games? I think from a game design standpoint the system employed is good enough, and from my experience most mainstream games which offer multiple DLC, function in a similar way.

Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 10:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
toenail wrote:(...) As far as the DLC'S go, they are already built into the game and you come across them as you go through the game. Is this what you guys are trying to get through to me? 

Yes, it's exactly like that: it's (still) 1 game, but with added in-game features and content. I also have an analogy, that is even slightly better than the above with the bathtub, from Tarac.

Imagine a soup or some stew in which you put multiple additional mini-ingredients or spices. They get "merged" with the main dish (soup/stew). Every addiitonal mini-ingredient adds another small twist or taste to the whole. And so do these Sims (4) DLCs function as well.

From a purely logical standpoint you could make a game like that somehow "access" only individual parts. But I guess the average player would very quickly feel annoyed by it, having to switch from DLC to DLC. Also: such a system would necessarily bring with it another crucial question. What if someone wants to have e.g. BOTH pets and weather in their game? Would it make sense to separate these two (potential) DLCs, into "two different" games? I think from a game design standpoint the system employed is good enough, and from my experience most mainstream games which offer multiple DLC, function in a similar way.

Looking for bad joke
Hi Ghost. I think I got it as far as the DLC'S go . Now as far as the expansion packs. You said "Nobody can access the expansion packs individually." I confused. Why do they show up on the main stream if you can't access them? Why does this reloaded version say they are included?

Also, this game is version 135.... Can I update it to version 140... that I found. Would that work? Thanks again for your patience!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 10:47

They show up so you can see that you've got these expansions/stuff packs installed in your game.
Yes, you should be able to update to even version 1.41.38.1020 provided you stick to the correct installation order.

1. Base Game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires
6. Parenthood
7. Fitness
8. Toddler Stuff
9. Cats & Dogs
10. Laundry Day
11. Jungle Adventure
12. My First Pet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 16:00

toenail wrote:Hi Ghost. I think I got it as far as the DLC'S go . Now as far as the expansion packs. You said "Nobody can access the expansion packs individually." I confused. Why do they show up on the main stream if you can't access them? Why does this reloaded version say they are included?

Also, this game is version 135.... Can I update it to version 140... that I found. Would that work? Thanks again for your patience!!

Note that @Tarac's native language is not English, so some formulations he used in the above comments may be 'unlucky'. The same principle applies nonetheless: expansion packs (like all types of Sims 4 DLC) are also "ingredients" that you add to a soup or stew. They just get added to the main game.

And there is no 1.35 version of The Sims 4. Cats & Dogs is 1.36, so in case you don't have it yet, feel free to fetch it from one of the mirror links here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/downloads-f1/where-to-find-games4theworld-downloads-t53.htm

After installing "Cats & Dogs" you can install the remaining the DLC in the following order -> Laundry Day Stuff -> Jungle Adventures -> My First Pet Stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2018, 10:50

Tarac wrote:They show up so you can see that you've got these expansions/stuff packs installed in your game.
Yes, you should be able to update to even version 1.41.38.1020 provided you stick to the correct installation order.

1. Base Game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires
6. Parenthood
7. Fitness
8. Toddler Stuff
9. Cats & Dogs
10. Laundry Day
11. Jungle Adventure
12. My First Pet

Ghost, this disk is one big ISO file that automatically installs all of this. Its already installed. If I apply the update don't understand what you mean by " provided you stick to the correct installation order"?

//EDIT

Ghost what do I have to change in the RidOrigin.ini file?  thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Mar 2018, 16:41

Sorry for the belated reply,

OK, you downloaded that .ISO file, but then I don't quite understand what you mean(t) by this here?

user wrote:Also, this game is version 135.... Can I update it to version 140... that I found. Would that work?

If you applied that .ISO file and it already includes My First Pet Stuff, then you are good to go, and there is nothing else to do.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2018, 11:19

I got it working thanks to you guys! Happy Easter!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Mar 2018, 20:03

toenail wrote:I got it working thanks to you guys! Happy Easter!

A happy Easter to you and your family/friends as well! Problem solved, topic closed. Please feel free to get in touch with us again anytime you need help, again.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top