New Codex crack "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Codex crack "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". [SOLVED]

Post by RavenDG34 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 10:29

Get a strange error with OrangeEmu64.dll saying "Hello Wink", then "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". Only happens with the new codex crack. I tried fresh game folder and everything. Only reverting back to the Jungle Adventure update game folder works, since it uses the Reloaded crack. Any ideas?

RavenDG34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Codex crack "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 10:39

Your anti-virus program has disabled the OrangeEmu.dll files.
Make sure your install folder is in the exceptions of your AV
Download the OrangeEmu files Don't extract with winrar as yet.
Move to your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin
Rightclcik on the download and select extract here
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: New Codex crack "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". [SOLVED]

Post by RavenDG34 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 10:53

My antivirus is defender which has thrown no exceptions and the sims folder is in my exceptions for it anyways. The orangeemu is whats giving this "Hello Wink" message, so I doubt it's disabled. I tried those files and got the same error, since the files were already there.

RavenDG34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 10:56

The message is by OrangeEmu64.dll and OrangeEmu.dll is disabled.
Try to play in 64 bits mode.
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDG34 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 11:00

There's an image attached which shows I'm using OrangeEmu64 and running TS4_x64.

RavenDG34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 11:10

This is my Game\Bin folder

As you can see it does no longer contain the 32 bits dll's (except TS4.exe which I forgot to remove)
The game works perfectly
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDG34 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 11:27

Tried it and got the same error :\ I think it's some sort of issue with the codex crack itself, maybe a driver conflict or something.

RavenDG34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 11:32

Have you updated to version 1.41.42.1020 ?
If not, then do it.
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenDG34 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 11:42

I found someone with the same error finally. Looks like you guys couldn't find a solution. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32973-start-error-after-installing-new-pets-stuff

RavenDG34
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 12:19

@RavenDG34 wrote:I found someone with the same error finally. Looks like you guys couldn't find a solution. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32973-start-error-after-installing-new-pets-stuff
It is of course extremely difficult to find a solution for a problem you don't have yourself.
The majority has no problems whatsoever, so it must be found somewhere in the individual installation or restrictions of the PC/laptop.
Most common error: Skipping a DLC or not installing in the correct order.
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 19:58

@RavenDG34 wrote:I found someone with the same error finally. Looks like you guys couldn't find a solution. https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32973-start-error-after-installing-new-pets-stuff

Welcome to the Forum @RavenDG34 first off all!

Sorry to hear about these difficulties, but bear in mind that it's not always within our boundaries of knowledge to come up with solutions to certain issues that users report. 

What I would have suggested, and as dubious as it sounds, is to try turning off Windows Defender completely:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

Under Windows Vista/7/8 you can turn off the Defender directly, but under 10 you need to jump through more hoops. 

In general most people underestimate that security software does not necessarily accept user input, even if it seems like it. Sometimes merely "adding exclusions" does not work, in which you have to consider going for harsher measures such as turning something off completely. And if that does not work, one needs to consider ditching that particular "security software".

I am not experiencing that error myself, so I'm afraid I cannot suggest more than that; I'm sorry.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heroico on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 06:17

I am having the same exact problem and I can 100% confirm that it is not an antivirus issue.  I am using Avast and have not had any issues with these files being flagged or "blocked".  I am surprised that not many people are having this issue, I have only seen a few.  I have also downloaded the all in one Codex release and it is the same, the orangeemu64.dll is not working for me.  What i find odd is the hello message with the smiley face : ) that pops up when trying to run the game.  I am guessing that we who are having the issue have something in common in our setup that is causing the conflict.  I have been trying for days to find out what it is but have not been successful.  I can only play the game up to Jungle Adventures and the game will not run with the new packs from CODEX installed.  If anyone has figured it out please post it here.  If i figure out something i will do the same.

heroico
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Witcher 3, Skyrim, GTA 5, Breath of the Wild

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Semajitor on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 08:37

I had that same problem, and posted in the original thread about it. Every search result for that error code on google says it's either DirectX or nVidia driver related, and this is not the only piece of software that gets that error. It's something to do with the dll itself calling a driver that's been updated beyond compatibility. If you're on Windows 10 like I am, there's just no way to solve the problem if it's DirectX related with it controlled by Windows Update.

All that being said, I purged my original install of Origin and installed ZLOrigin, and it all runs perfectly for me. I highly recommend doing the same if you don't have any other Origin titles installed that you're currently playing, and assuming you don't mind having the client running in the background. You can find the post with everything you need here and instructions for deleting Origin. Be aware that although it says you can keep your old Origin install around, I did get errors with it that required me to uninstall both versions and do a full purge of my Origin files to make sure ZLOrigin was the only thing installed.

Semajitor
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Minecraft, Thea The Awakening, FTL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 12:20

Download the language strings from https://goo.gl/eyqHGY
Extract with Winrar and copy all folders over to your install folder (f.e. Program Files\The Sims 4)
Origin and ZLOrigin install just 1 language resulting in an error when you try to play the game in another language.

Then download the Language Changer and clcik on your desired language to make a corresponding entry in the register
When necessary download the Codex Crack, don't extract it as yet.
Copy or move it to your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
Extract it in that folder.

Playing a ZLOrigin Sims 4 game without logging in to Zclient:
Download the latest Game Folder, extract with Winrar and name it Game_Cracked  and copy it to your install folder, reulting in a folder Game as well as Game_cracked. Start the game from Game_Cracked\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe
Don't delete or overwrite the existing Game folder as that folder will still be used by ZLOrigin for updates.

Bear in mind that OrangeEmu.dll files are prone to attacks by your anti-virus, so maybe you have to repeat the actions for the Codex crack again (as described above)
When you use Game_cracked the Codex crack must be placed there of course.

As you can see I have 1 folder The Sims 4 for ZLOrigin, Origin and cracked combined.
The language changer sets the language for ZLOrigin, Orgiin and cracked.
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 07 Apr 2018, 19:07

@heroico wrote:I am having the same exact problem and I can 100% confirm that it is not an antivirus issue.  I am using Avast and have not had any issues with these files being flagged or "blocked".  I am surprised that not many people are having this issue, I have only seen a few.  I have also downloaded the all in one Codex release and it is the same, the orangeemu64.dll is not working for me.  What i find odd is the hello message with the smiley face : ) that pops up when trying to run the game.  I am guessing that we who are having the issue have something in common in our setup that is causing the conflict.  I have been trying for days to find out what it is but have not been successful.  I can only play the game up to Jungle Adventures and the game will not run with the new packs from CODEX installed.  If anyone has figured it out please post it here.  If i figure out something i will do the same.

Welcome to the Forum @heroico,

The game works fine though on my own Windows 10 system; also tried it on my sister's PC on Windows 10 - again with no issues. 

If you look at the thread here for example:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

The solutions mentioned there by the various users would indeed indicate that there are many things we don't know yet, about the game. That said, I also want to emphasize that under Windows 10, there is no direct way of turning off Windows Defender. Simply setting up exclusions is only going to ask for problems down the road. If you have not done so already, consider looking at the link I posted in my previous reply here. It can't get worse if you try the solution, and for the moment I'm afraid that is all we can say.

@Semajitor wrote:I had that same problem, and posted in the original thread about it. Every search result for that error code on google says it's either DirectX or nVidia driver related, and this is not the only piece of software that gets that error. It's something to do with the dll itself calling a driver that's been updated beyond compatibility. If you're on Windows 10 like I am, there's just no way to solve the problem if it's DirectX related with it controlled by Windows Update.

All that being said, I purged my original install of Origin and installed ZLOrigin, and it all runs perfectly for me. I highly recommend doing the same if you don't have any other Origin titles installed that you're currently playing, and assuming you don't mind having the client running in the background. You can find the post with everything you need here and instructions for deleting Origin. Be aware that although it says you can keep your old Origin install around, I did get errors with it that required me to uninstall both versions and do a full purge of my Origin files to make sure ZLOrigin was the only thing installed.

As hinted in the above paragraphs, I have Windows 10 myself, and so far all CODEX-DLCs work for me. If we find out something, we will of course keep you all posted.

Also, I have Origin and ZLOrigin installed on the same computer with no problems. What I would recommend is that prior to downloading/playing from ZLOrigin, you rename the folder "Origin" under the default location C:\Program files (x86).

In addition, if you have a legit copy of The Sims 4 through Origin, go inside "Origin Games" and try renaming these installation folders back-and-forth.

The folder "The Sims 4_ZLO" is from ZLOrigin, and "The Sims 4" is the Origin-version. Right now, this is the setup when I want to play the Origin-version (which I only use for fetching Gallery items).

If I want to use ZLOrigin, I switch things up and rename The Sims 4 to -> "The Sims 4_ORIGIN". The Sims 4_ZLO then to -> "The Sims 4". And so forth. It's an awkward way of doing things, but the way I myself feel most comfortable with.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexus on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 14:05

@heroico wrote:I am surprised that not many people are having this issue, I have only seen a few.
Here another one. I've been searching in Google information about this and found this topic. It's a common issue but I don't understand why some people don't have the problem and others we do WhatDidUJustCallMe?

@Semajitor wrote:I had that same problem, and posted in the original thread about it. Every search result for that error code on google says it's either DirectX or nVidia driver related, and this is not the only piece of software that gets that error. It's something to do with the dll itself calling a driver that's been updated beyond compatibility. If you're on Windows 10 like I am, there's just no way to solve the problem if it's DirectX related with it controlled by Windows Update.
That could be, something related with nVidia...
At home I have 2 laptops and 1 PC. And suprisingly the crack doesn't work with the laptop and the PC that uses a nVidia Graphics card and an Intel chipset, but it does with the laptop which has AMD Radeon graphics and AMD processor.

It's so strange. We could post the spects of our computers in which we have the problems to find a common pattern. Does someone have tested the crack using a previous version of the Geforce driver? I always update it, maybe it's the source of the problem.

Lexus
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 14:10

@Lexus wrote:That could be, something related with nVidia...
At home I have 2 laptops and 1 PC. And suprisingly the crack doesn't work with the laptop and the PC that uses a nVidia Graphics card and an Intel chipset, but it does with the laptop which has AMD Radeon graphics and AMD processor.

It's so strange. We could post the spects of our computers in which we have the problems to find a common pattern. Does someone have tested the crack using a previous version of the Geforce driver? I always update it, maybe it's the source of the problem.

Welcome to the Forum to you as well @Lexus,

I have an NVIDIA Geforce GT730 card, but I don't recall the exact driver version number right now (writing this message from another computer). But no problems on my end.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Edit: driver version is 388.31

Edit2: after updating to the latest available 391.35 driver version, the game still works.

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexus on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 16:42

My version is 391.35 as well.

But if that's no the reason it's so extrange that it happens to me in both my computers. Maybe is due some software we have installed there... My AMD laptor (the only computer I have where the crack works) has less software installed as it's mainly used by other person. In this computer I also don't have Origin installed but I did to check if that was the reason and it wasn't because I could run the Codex crack and have Origin in the computer, as I have in the other computers. Can it be due the reason I had once the original The Sims 4 installed in them?

Lexus
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 17:36

@Lexus wrote:My version is 391.35 as well.

But if that's no the reason it's so extrange that it happens to me in both my computers. Maybe is due some software we have installed there... My AMD laptor (the only computer I have where the crack works) has less software installed as it's mainly used by other person. In this computer I also don't have Origin installed but I did to check if that was the reason and it wasn't because I could run the Codex crack and have Origin in the computer, as I have in the other computers. Can it be due the reason I had once the original The Sims 4 installed in them?

On the same computer I have both the legal Origin (with a legal Sims 4 version), as well as ZLOrigin installed as well. I mainly use the legal Sims 4 for fetching these "Gallery items", but I also use Origin occasionally for some multiplayer-games.

But then again, I think I hinted at it someplace above: it's very likely the case that there are things we do not know about yet, even after all these years...

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 18:43

I too have Windows 10 ( Latest Version )and the only Antivirus I have is the Windows 10 one. I have excluded all the sims 4 files and Folders, related download folders ( Vuze, Mega etc) that I have on the Laptop and I made sure to let the stuff through the Firewall.
The only problem I ever had was with Malwarebytes which promptly quarantined ZL Client ( From ZL Origin ) So I deactivated Malwarebytes.
Now no Problems at all with both versions.

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heroico on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 00:20

Windows 10 64 here, build 16299.  I have an Nvidia GTX970 with driver version 391.35 an intel core i5 cpu.  Directx 12.  In the past I have had problems that have usually involved the visual cc++ runtimes but as far as i know they are current.  i have trying to update them to see if it makes a difference but to be honest there are a few of them and it confuses me.

heroico
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fIsMOnIOnZAinDOwmarI on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 12:18

Hey might be a bit late but the error is cause by virtualisation and/or hyper-v. Turn it off in the bios/uefi and the game will open

fIsMOnIOnZAinDOwmarI
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Far cry 5 atm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Apr 2018, 20:51

If that message is really due to some alleged "error" with the crack files, everybody feel free to try the new 1.42.30.1020 update, which ~Ann~ has announced here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33144-the-sims-4-update-1-42-30-1020-out-now

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heroico on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 09:29

Mod edit: messages censored.

- The_gh0stm4n

heroico
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 09:41

@heroico wrote:(...)

I was "alleging" the possibility of something being wrong with that particular version of the crack, hence I linked to Ann's new repack that has CODEX' new version of the crack. Nothing more, nothing less. An interpretation, that somehow did not occur to you? 

But OK, I deleted your comment, and I suggest you take yourself elsewhere (Reddit, Twitter or Facebook should be more suitable for you), as I have little inclination to deal with oversensitive and entitled idiots like you. The interpretation of "what a community is about" regarding the day-to-day runnings, is strictly within the discretion of the moderation team. And just in case you intended to follow up on this thread, bear in mind it takes us less than 2 seconds to delete messages.

Hope you enjoy the video, though! Very Happy  Someone who gets so annoyed by a "stupid smiley face" in an error message, from an overrated PC game, certainly needs to get some humor or their priorities straight. Or maybe both? 

P.S. I recommend watching the video in 1.25x speed.

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum