Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG? Empty Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2018, 00:32

Hi there,
So I had quite a bit of G4TW store content installed in my game and had the store fix file as well. I'm working on building a world, and I kept having this weird problem where anytime I was in Edit in Game and placed an object from Buy Debug on a lot, the next time I went to Edit Town to save, my game would freeze on the loading screen into Edit Town (and yes, I tried doing Buy Debug off before going to Edit Town). I spent two days trying to isolate and determine the cause of this problem, and once I removed the store fix file, it stopped doing that. Now I'm having to work with no store content and I'm about to lose my mind. Any ideas, or possible fixes? 

Windows 10, patched to 1.69.

Back to top Go down

Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG? Empty Re: Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG?

Post by Dracos66 Wed 28 Mar 2018, 02:04

The Origin 1.69 patch is a pain in the backside when using modded files, especially item files but there are some steps you can try that may help.

Check the original file date of the item(s) you want to install. If it/they is/are before the release of Pets then the item(s) probably needs to be rig fixed.

Check the Sims 3 site to see if you have the EPs/SPs needed to support the item(s) your trying to install/use.

Try adding a few items at a time and then load the game to test them. This is a slow method but helps identify items that cause the game to act up.

Finally, make sure that any EPs/SPs you have installed are ticked on before launching the game. The 1.69 patch is bad for forgetting which EPs/SPs you want to run.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG? Empty Re: Store Fix file causes problems with CAW / EIG?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2018, 03:10

Thanks Dracos66! 

I have all expansion packs except Into the Future.

Also, I want to clarify that this issue is not being caused by any particular store item - it's being caused by the store fix files necessary to install many of the store items from G4TW. I just tested this a bit ago to confirm. I had long since removed all of the store files and custom content from my game, but tonight I redownloaded the latest Store Fixes zipped folder and followed the instructions to the letter to put the files in the correct locations (I use both "scenario 1" and "scenario 2"). Before I installed any store items to my game, I opened my world in Create a World and went into edit in game. I went onto an empty lot and turned on buy debug and placed an item, then tried to go back to edit town to save. Sure enough, it froze on the loading screen between the lot and edit town. I then removed the files from the respective folders and now edit in game works fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 28 Mar 2018, 03:23

I'll have to do some testing to see if I can replicate and (hopefully) fix the issue. My RL schedule is a bit hectic this week so it may be a few days before I can offer any tips/solutions to the issue.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2018, 03:31

Ok no problem. Thank you!!! This is a new computer, purchased mid March, so everything downloaded / installed is the latest versions available from EA. My game / EPs are all legit Origin copies.

//EDIT

Just checking in on this...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Apr 2018, 20:00

crashley1784 wrote:Just checking in on this...

Hello (and welcome to the Forum),

I'm sure @Dracos66 will get back to you as soon as he can. In the meantime,... there have been various reports about store fixes "combined" with using buydebug items, causing the endless saving glitch. Mostly about the game itself, don't know about CAW. As for me, I can't say I have experienced it in the actual game.

I recall a user hinting that store fixes combined with certain newer mods can cause the issue, but I haven't been able to verify it. Granted, I myself use mods from 2013/2014 - when those store fixes were still 'new'.

At that point I can't suggest more than using an awkward workaround: remove store fixes when you intend to place/purchase buydebug stuff; exit the game and put the store fixes back in once you're done with buydebug. 

//EDIT

There was something I thought about a little while back: using non-decrapified (original!) .sims3pack files. I believe though, that you can only use these on a fully legit compilation of Sims 3 games though. My knowledge of The Sims 3 has unfortunately become very rusty, and I don't often play it anymore these days. But if I recall correctly, non-decrapified (original) .sims3pack store items do NOT need the "store fixes" to function properly. I may be wrong here, maybe Dracos can jump in here if I really am. But again, the downside is that you can only use them on legit Sims 3 installations. I don't know about The Sims 3 on ZLOrigin, though.

I have a compilation of both decrapified and non-decrapified .sims3pack files at hand, which we may eventually prepare for a release on here. 

Note that the current G4TW complete store torrent for the most part consists of big .package files, but these files are based on decrapified (cracked) .sims3packs. Therefore the store fixes are necessary for these premium items to work. We decided to use .package files because in most cases they are much easier to handle than .sims3packs.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2018, 21:42

Ok, thank you for the information! Yes, all of my games are legit copies. I do not have any mods installed, currently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Apr 2018, 05:52

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
crashley1784 wrote:Just checking in on this...

Hello (and welcome to the Forum),

I'm sure @Dracos66 will get back to you as soon as he can. In the meantime,... there have been various reports about store fixes "combined" with using buydebug items, causing the endless saving glitch. Mostly about the game itself, don't know about CAW. As for me, I can't say I have experienced it in the actual game.

I recall a user hinting that store fixes combined with certain newer mods can cause the issue, but I haven't been able to verify it. Granted, I myself use mods from 2013/2014 - when those store fixes were still 'new'.

At that point I can't suggest more than using an awkward workaround: remove store fixes when you intend to place/purchase buydebug stuff; exit the game and put the store fixes back in once you're done with buydebug. 

//EDIT

There was something I thought about a little while back: using non-decrapified (original!) .sims3pack files. I believe though, that you can only use these on a fully legit compilation of Sims 3 games though. My knowledge of The Sims 3 has unfortunately become very rusty, and I don't often play it anymore these days. But if I recall correctly, non-decrapified (original) .sims3pack store items do NOT need the "store fixes" to function properly. I may be wrong here, maybe Dracos can jump in here if I really am. But again, the downside is that you can only use them on legit Sims 3 installations. I don't know about The Sims 3 on ZLOrigin, though.

I have a compilation of both decrapified and non-decrapified .sims3pack files at hand, which we may eventually prepare for a release on here. 

Note that the current G4TW complete store torrent for the most part consists of big .package files, but these files are based on decrapified (cracked) .sims3packs. Therefore the store fixes are necessary for these premium items to work. We decided to use .package files because in most cases they are much easier to handle than .sims3packs.

Still working the issues with the complete store and hope to narrow it down soon. As soon as I figure out this 1.69 "bug" I'm downgrading to my favorite 1.67 (non-Origin) patch Can't touch banana

As for the sims3packs, as long as at least the base game is legit you can install either "legit" or decrapped and the game doesn't care. The biggest issue comes from old (pre-Pets) sims3packs as Pets introduced a new rig engine. Sims3packs from before Pets need to be decrapped and rig-fixed with the exception of sims and lots, sims and lots from before Pets should be decrapped but not rig-fixed. Games that are fully cracked (including base game) should only install decrapped sims3packs to avoid install errors and disappearing items.

Package files are great. They are easier to work with (adding,removing,modifying), they can be combined to reduce the number of files the game has to load which means slightly faster game loads, and in the long run take up less space than sims3packs.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 18:47

Ok, please forgive me for being redundant, but I want to make sure I understand what you've said, @Dracos66

1. Since my game and all EPs are "legit" copies, I can install the .sims3pack files from G4TW into my game without the store fix files - just download and install them and they should work, right? *fingers crossed*

2. EXCEPT for .sims3pack files released before Pets - those would require the use of the store fix files to work, correct? 

3. Can you please explain in a bit more detail "decrapped" and "rig-fixed", or point me to where I can read more about that? 

I want to say thank you again to everyone who has chimed in on this thread. The support here has been amazing and I really appreciate it!!

//EDIT

Ok I just tried to install the BoardwalkSET into my game without the store fixes in place and I get a message saying "Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again." So what does that indicate? My game is patched to 1.69 (latest update).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 19:17

crashley1784 wrote:Ok I just tried to install the BoardwalkSET into my game without the store fixes in place and I get a message saying "Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again." So what does that indicate? My game is patched to 1.69 (latest update).
Have you the fixes (CCmerged and the july 2014 fix ) installed ?
Try THIS ONE for the Boardwalk Set (decrapified sims3pack)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Apr 2018, 19:25

crashley1784 wrote:Ok, please forgive me for being redundant, but I want to make sure I understand what you've said, @Dracos66

1. Since my game and all EPs are "legit" copies, I can install the .sims3pack files from G4TW into my game without the store fix files - just download and install them and they should work, right? *fingers crossed*

2. EXCEPT for .sims3pack files released before Pets - those would require the use of the store fix files to work, correct? 

3. Can you please explain in a bit more detail "decrapped" and "rig-fixed", or point me to where I can read more about that? 

I want to say thank you again to everyone who has chimed in on this thread. The support here has been amazing and I really appreciate it!!

//EDIT

Ok I just tried to install the BoardwalkSET into my game without the store fixes in place and I get a message saying "Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again." So what does that indicate? My game is patched to 1.69 (latest update).

The individual .sims3pack files from G4TW are de-crapped (roughly, you could also use the term "un-locked"), therefore they need store fixes. I'm almost sure the ones that Tarac has are also 'only' de-crapped, because that has become the standard for most pirated .sims3pack items. 

I actually have a set with both de-crapped and non-de-crapped/original .sims3pack files on my hard-drive, but we yet need to consult about how to proceed with that alternative download.

These .sims3pack files need to be de-crapped, in order to be able to use them in cracked Sims 3 games. And the majority of our 'audience' has pirated games only.

As for the BoardwalkSET, where did you get that .sims3pack? From G4TW? Normally that error message should not occur. In addition to re-downloading the set from Tarac's link, please ALSO install the world "Roaring Heights". If you have not done so yet, please do. You can grab the world here:
https://games4theworld.org/the-sims-3-store-updates/neighbourhoods/

If I forgot anything about the 'theory' I'm sure @Dracos66 can enlighten us once more.

Noob
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 20:22

I do not have the store fixes installed; as I explained earlier in this thread, with them installed, I get an error when I enter or place buydebug items in Edit In Game (CAW). Therefore, I cannot install the Roaring Heights world which, according to the site, requires the store fixes to work. 

Apparently I need the un-decrapped files, as my games are "legal" copies.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Apr 2018, 03:32

crashley1784 wrote:I do not have the store fixes installed; as I explained earlier in this thread, with them installed, I get an error when I enter or place buydebug items in Edit In Game (CAW). Therefore, I cannot install the Roaring Heights world which, according to the site, requires the store fixes to work. 

Sorry, I forgot about that already, but yes. At that point you will have to prioritize: is using CAW/EIG more important to you, than being able to use the (available) store collection + store fixes? From the conversational overtone, it seems you are a fan of CAW. Also note that a a lot of these buildings cannot be used unless you have a specific neighborhood installed as well...everything is intertwined, and as things stand you can't have it both ways unfortunately with the G4TW store compilation, and you will have to 'do' without some store items if you cannot use the store fixes.

Original .sims3packs indeed could be a possible alternative in your case; in the meantime I uploaded non-decrapped versions here:

Arrow  Boardwalk

Arrow  Roaring Heights

See if you can make these work...I will shortly be trying to provide a direct download for non-decrapped/decrapped files, probably in direct download format, and then later on maybe also as torrent. I have all files sitting there, just the folders need to be renamed properly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 07 Apr 2018, 06:33

crashley1784 wrote:Ok, please forgive me for being redundant, but I want to make sure I understand what you've said, @Dracos66

//EDIT

The store fixes also address issues in legit sims3packs so it's best to keep them in your mods folder even if your game is fully legit. You definitely need the store fix files when installing G4TW sims3pack files as they have (had) all been decrapped already. If I'm not mistaken all of the G4TW pre-Pets files were also rig-fixed. @The_gh0stm4n should be able to verify that.

Decrapping is the removal of DRM from sims3pack files so that "cracked" games could install them. It also trims a bit of "fat" off the file by removing unnecessary redundant bits, which is why I decrap even my legit sims3packs.

Rig-fixing is a process that removes some of the rig features from pre-Pets items so that the new rig-engine could read the files correctly.

These are simple explanations, the processes are a bit more detailed but pretty easy to do once you understand when and how to use them. You shouldn't have to worry about it though if you get the files from us as that work has already been done. I'll check to see if I already made a post about using the file decrapper and rigfix, if I haven't I'll put together a quick how-to on them both in the mods area.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2018, 23:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
crashley1784 wrote:I do not have the store fixes installed; as I explained earlier in this thread, with them installed, I get an error when I enter or place buydebug items in Edit In Game (CAW). Therefore, I cannot install the Roaring Heights world which, according to the site, requires the store fixes to work. 

Sorry, I forgot about that already, but yes. At that point you will have to prioritize: is using CAW/EIG more important to you, than being able to use the (available) store collection + store fixes? From the conversational overtone, it seems you are a fan of CAW. Also note that a a lot of these buildings cannot be used unless you have a specific neighborhood installed as well...everything is intertwined, and as things stand you can't have it both ways unfortunately with the G4TW store compilation, and you will have to 'do' without some store items if you cannot use the store fixes.

Original .sims3packs indeed could be a possible alternative in your case; in the meantime I uploaded non-decrapped versions here:

Arrow  Boardwalk

Arrow  Roaring Heights

See if you can make these work...I will shortly be trying to provide a direct download for non-decrapped/decrapped files, probably in direct download format, and then later on maybe also as torrent. I have all files sitting there, just the folders need to be renamed properly.

Thank you so much for sharing those files. I downloaded them and tried to install Roaring Heights, but I got the same error Sad 

I just don't understand this because on my older computer, I was able to build worlds and use EIG with the store fix files & G4TW files with no problems. I wonder if my game was at 1.67 on my old computer...

But you're right - I have to prioritize. Thank you all for the help. I really, really appreciate it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:15

Dracos66 wrote:
The store fixes also address issues in legit sims3packs so it's best to keep them in your mods folder even if your game is fully legit. You definitely need the store fix files when installing G4TW sims3pack files as they have (had) all been decrapped already. If I'm not mistaken all of the G4TW pre-Pets files were also rig-fixed. @The_gh0stm4n should be able to verify that.

That will come across as stupid now, but how do I notice if something has not been rig-fixed? The pre-Pets store items, from what I've been able to see, are all functional in-game, so I assume there are no issues?

Very Happy  Noob
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 10 Apr 2018, 20:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
That will come across as stupid now, but how do I notice if something has not been rig-fixed? Thre pre-pets store items, from what I've been able to see, are all functional in-game, so I assume there are no issues?

Very Happy  Noob

I believe we fixed all the G4TW pre-Pets files before RL took me away for so long. EA fixed theirs soon after Pets released and asked creators to fix their pre-Pets files on the exchange, which most of them did. Rig fixing mainly applies to user created pre-Pets CC from other Sims3 sites and/or any CC downloaded before Pets. I had a little over 40GB of pre-Pets files that had to be either rig fixed or re-downloaded after the creator(s) updated them.

When a pre-Pets file hasn't been rig fixed it will throw phantom rigs (usually grey panels that can only be seen from a certain angle) as far as 2 lots away. These can cause routing issues, scripting errors and make the game sluggish.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top