A few concerns/basic questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few concerns/basic questions

Post by AmataViscera on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 11:11

Hi! I downloaded the entire Sims 3 Collection, including the Sims 3 store, and it runs very well! That being said, I have a few concerns/questions.

I have some duplicates of some of the premium content. Is it safe to delete a dupe, or should I leave it?

If I delete a store item that is part of a merged package ingame, will my game blow up? 

If I download a house that has legit store content, can I decrappify the house to have everything show up in my game correctly? Same for, example, a texture override?

Thanks so much for making this available, and for reading!

AmataViscera
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3/4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A few concerns/basic questions

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 15 Apr 2018, 06:09

@AmataViscera wrote:Hi! I downloaded the entire Sims 3 Collection, including the Sims 3 store, and it runs very well! That being said, I have a few concerns/questions.

I have some duplicates of some of the premium content. Is it safe to delete a dupe, or should I leave it?

If I delete a store item that is part of a merged package ingame, will my game blow up? 

If I download a house that has legit store content, can I decrappify the house to have everything show up in my game correctly? Same for, example, a texture override?

Thanks so much for making this available, and for reading!

Duping is a common problem usually caused by installing an item in the .package format that the game already has installed through the launcher. To safely remove the duplicates, start the Sims 3 Launcher, go to the installed content tab and locate the item(s) that you have dupes for, then select Uninstall. Shut the launcher back down, navigate to C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file, go to the DCCache folder and delete all the files inside, then go to the DCBackup folder and delete all the files except ccmerged.package

Two types of files should never be decrapped... Sims and Lots (Houses), as they actually don't contain "true" items but rather references to said items. That is why a lot (house) and/or a Sim will load even without the same items being installed on your system, the game "looks" to see if the item(s) referenced is installed and if not replaces that item with the closest item(s) you have to it installed.

A texture override is a modified (mod) file and also does not require decrapping as it is not installed with the launcher but rather through the use of the Mod folder setup.
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major
G4TW Super Moderator Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum