The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by RaphaellaDD on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 23:10

Good day, i tried following all the instructions in the installation thread and the sims 3 still won't run on my PC. I installed the base file first,then updated it with the patch, then installed the university life expansion pack and then the fix. Note that all the while i ensured that i didn't miss any steps. After it didn't work the first time, i uninstalled everything and cleared the data and then started to follow the prompts from the beginning. I still had the same issues, the game doesn't launch at all. Please can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

P.S. I ensured that i opened every installation guide in each file and followed them too.

RaphaellaDD
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims, GTA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 02:47

@RaphaellaDD wrote:Good day, i tried following all the instructions in the installation thread and the sims 3 still won't run on my PC. I installed the base file first,then updated it with the patch, then installed the university life expansion pack and then the fix. Note that all the while i ensured that i didn't miss any steps. After it didn't work the first time, i uninstalled everything and cleared the data and then started to follow the prompts from the beginning. I still had the same issues, the game doesn't launch at all. Please can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

P.S. I ensured that i opened every installation guide in each file and followed them too.

What are your system specs? CPU? GPU? RAM? OS? Anti-virus/Anti-malware?
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major
G4TW Super Moderator Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by RaphaellaDD on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 04:30

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 15. Intel core i5 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 pro(64-Bit),integrated intel HD graphics. The antivirus/Antimalware i have is the free verion of Avast

RaphaellaDD
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 05:03

The integrated Intel GPU may be your problem. Try this: Uninstall the Sims 3 and all EPs/SPs. Restart the system and execute a full boot system defrag (I recommend IOBit Defraggler but you can use the inbuilt Windows defrag).

Depending on which version of The Sims 3 you have (EA, G4TW, ZLOrigin, etc) follow the install directions except applying the cracked files until you have installed all the EPs/SPs you want. Then apply the 1.67 fix from us.
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaphaellaDD on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 08:13

I'll try this out and update you, thank you!

Update: still didn't work. I get an error message : The sims launcher has stopped working.

RaphaellaDD
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 22:28

@RaphaellaDD wrote:I'll try this out and update you, thank you!

Update: still didn't work. I get an error message : The sims launcher has stopped working.

Have you tried running the game as Admin? If not go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and right-click on TS3W.exe . Select Properties - Compatibility - and check Run this program as an Administrator . Click Apply and try starting the game.

Also make sure to close any unneeded programs/apps to free up RAM and CPU cycles.
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaphaellaDD on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 23:49

Still the same thing. I think I have to give up now. Thank you for all the help!!!

RaphaellaDD
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by salcsi on Tue 01 May 2018, 00:22

Hi! Please help me! I installed the base game, but after updating the game or installing an expansion pack it will not start. I followed the instructions. What should I do?  Help

salcsi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Sims 3,4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum